Managerial Options

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Managerial Options

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

There's no point in changing Mancini for anyone other than a Mourinho or Wenger type figure. I think Wenger is an outside possibility in the next few years if Mourinho turns us down. He's going stale at Arsenal & the Sheikh clearly wants to bring his horse racing system to football & build a City 'stables' of the world's best youngsters. Wenger would be ideal for that job when he gets fed up of Arsenal.

Then Moyes can take over a bit further down the line.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Kyle wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:It would be Mancini round 2 minus the hair.

Ranieri is a nice guy but a loser.

Maybe we should give them all a 6 month tryout and then vote on it.

Or Mancini round 2 with an attack.

No. It would be the same. Like Mancini he would concentrate on the defence first because...ah forget it I can't be arsed explaining the bleeding obvious.

Doesn't his record and philosophy mean anything? Don't most managers, especially the top/great managers start from the back?

I know you can't be bothered mate, but come on, the bloke has got a decent record. For me, he is one of the reasons Barca are where they are today.

I agree and for me he is in the same bracket as Mancini and on track record perhaps marginally better - I just don't see the point in going for someone with a similar level of experience who is also new to the PL. Too much swapping like with like. If Rijkaard was our manager and someone suggested Mancini I would go meh.

Its the grass is always greener bit. Change the manager and pow success. Oh didn't work out so change the manager again and pow success oh damn...and so on.

Not that the owners have a history of changing managers as I said elsewhere...

Very true and as you know I do not advocate any move in the merry-go-round that is City Managers. What I was trying to highlight is that there are many managers out there that could take us where we want to be, other than Mourinho. I like Mancio and can see things unfolding before my eyes, and I also like Rijkaard who I believe instigated the rise of Barca. Also, for a young manager (under 40) to get his country to the semi's of the Euro's, you've gotta be impressed. If there was to be a change, then he'd be my man.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby simon12 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Magaths a good shout, just going quietly about his work.however,Bobby manc should stay for me, a transfer window and a full season (where have we heard that before) before a full evaluation.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Good post NQDP.

It’s very simple for me. If Mourinho will come to us then we should walk over glass to get him here. He is simply the best manager in the world and if we want to be the best team in the world going after the best coach is a must. You mentioned that Mourinho only stays at a club for 3-4 years and moved on but I read an interview with him of late and he said that he wanted to have a Ferguson/Wenger type dynasty before moving onto international management.

If not and I suspect he’s already lined up as the next United manager after brief spell at Real in-between then Mancini should be allowed to stay on and we can see what he can offer. The jury is still out for me but it’s only fair that he is given a full season to see what he can offer us.

I’m a fan of both MON and Moyles but they have reached the top of the glass ceiling with there respective clubs. I think it’s possible you may see either of them or McLeish being the next Liverpool manager who are probably more in need of an old fashioned British wheeler dealer manager than any of the other bigger clubs.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Good post NQDP.

It’s very simple for me. If Mourinho will come to us then we should walk over glass to get him here. He is simply the best manager in the world and if we want to be the best team in the world going after the best coach is a must. You mentioned that Mourinho only stays at a club for 3-4 years and moved on but I read an interview with him of late and he said that he wanted to have a Ferguson/Wenger type dynasty before moving onto international management.

If not and I suspect he’s already lined up as the next U***d manager after brief spell at Real in-between then Mancini should be allowed to stay on and we can see what he can offer. The jury is still out for me but it’s only fair that he is given a full season to see what he can offer us.

I’m a fan of both MON and Moyles but they have reached the top of the glass ceiling with there respective clubs. I think it’s possible you may see either of them or McLeish being the next Liverpool manager who are probably more in need of an old fashioned British wheeler dealer manager than any of the other bigger clubs.

I'd piss myself laughing every day for at least year if Moyes went to Liverpool. Just imagine all the Everton fans..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:06 am

I think Mancini has already done enough to secure his job.

We've managed with injuries, avoided our traditional 2nd half of season collapse and always been a team to fear. Our away record is totally transformed beyond belief. We've improved our defence when needed but still leaked goals.

I remember how recently we were all excited by things like the prospect of getting more than one 3-0 win a season, then we got a few and it was amazing. I remember thinking about that horrible game against Middlesborough hoping that we'd be able to have a game, even one, where'd really take apart a side. Then it happened against Portsmouth and became something that would happen very occasionally. Happy, happy days. Now we can look at a recent form book where a 3-0 win was our worst score over a 3 game sequence. We thrashed teams consecutively, in fixtures that could be tricky enough. Unbelievable. Even better we can go up against the strongest opposition, make them give it everything they have and still have a good record.

We just played a game against Arsenal away where they were almost more afraid of us than we were of them and they're (more or less) coming away happier with a draw. Still a lot of work to do and we've dropped some points in a painful manner, but we're a much stronger side. We didn't open up Arsenal but they didn't open us up and they were willing to throw caution to the wind.

To me, it's clear that Mancini understands and is capable of addressing our biggest weaknesses. I don't really see any point in thinking about replacements.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 am

Rumours are that Mourinho has accepted the Real Madrid job, in which case I think Mancini will be safe for another season at least.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:44 am

I like Bobby Manc and I'm usually all for stability and time. But there is something about him that doesn't seem right and my gut feeling is that we should get rid now. I feel angry coming away from games too often.
We will no doubt find another manager of some regard and start all over again, so I wouldn't worry bout that.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:52 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I like Bobby Manc and I'm usually all for stability and time. But there is something about him that doesn't seem right and my gut feeling is that we should get rid now. I feel angry coming away from games too often.
We will no doubt find another manager of some regard and start all over again, so I wouldn't worry bout that.

I feel like that, too. I also felt like that about Keegan and was relieved when he left.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am

btajim wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I like Bobby Manc and I'm usually all for stability and time. But there is something about him that doesn't seem right and my gut feeling is that we should get rid now. I feel angry coming away from games too often.

I feel like that, too. I also felt like that about Keegan and was relieved when he left.

I often feel pissed off after games but I trust that he does have the ability to change in the future if he gets the chance.

The amount of mouthing Mourinho's doing right now in Barcelona just reminds me why I don't want him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:58 am

btajim wrote:

Weird, I felt like that after the Brum and Wigan games. I think I wanted 10!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 pm

i dont rate mancini at all at the moment, what he has achieved in italy has no bearing on what he can do in the prem.

sacking hughes and appointing mancini was a side ways step and did not improve us greatly. mancini has been totally out played tactically by moyes twice.

More and more stories coming out about players not getting on with mancini and although most of it may be bullshit, it can still effect the team and of course it was going to happen when hughes was got rid off, but do you think cook and marwood saw it coming, probably not.

Mancini is never going to be the manager to win us the CL (why he was got rid of at inter), Mourhino is.

if we dont get 4th, it will be a disaster and could possibly set us back another 2 years, with next year being excused because mancini needs time for his new team to gel etc etc.

also, mancini's comments lately about needing new players must really dent the confidence of the current players at such a crucial point of the season.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:More and more stories coming out about players not getting on with mancini and although most of it may be bullshit, it can still effect the team and of course it was going to happen when hughes was got rid off, but do you think cook and marwood saw it coming, probably not.

The "Hughes or Elano" threads were hilarious last season. An inconsistent, disruptive Player against the Manager. Yeah...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum