IF We Finish 6th Do You Think Mancini Should Get the Chop?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

4th or Boot?

Yes
26%
No
63%
I could do with 6th but 7th is too much for me
11%

Total votes : 101

Re: IF We Finish 6th Do You Think Mancini Should Get the Chop?

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Daft thread as its the same as is Bobby the man imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Kladze » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Kladze wrote:Hughes is gone.

The king is dead, long live the king.

If most of us can get over Hughes then just maybe Antii can get over his Mancini obsession?

I think that you have it the wrong way around - I think that NQDP has a Hughes obsession he can just not let go

There were a few highly vocal Hughes haters that went on and on - after they got what they wanted it is them that have not been able to let it go - this is just another thread (after several others) that seem to be aimed more about those same people reaffirming that they were right

Meanwhile the rest of us are just getting on with supporting CITY (as we were before)

Couldn't agree more.
But we (the rest of us) need to stop responding to 'that group' of posters, who clearly have an agenda which we can either ignore or feed.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 pm

We were 4th 2 weeks ago. If we don't male it it will be Mancinis fault as it was his to lose. That point against United would have kept us there, a win against Arsenal would have put us back there, if he doesn't get desired results in the next 3 then the last 5 games are what cost us 4th, nothing else.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Hughes was given the boot with the club in 6th after failing to get into the top 4.

Currently we are 6th.

If Mancini finishes 6th he will have failed to hit his target and like his predecessor, and should be given the boot accodingly in a show of consistancy.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Grob wrote:Hughes was given the boot with the club in 6th after failing to get into the top 4.

Currently we are 6th.

If Mancini finishes 6th he will have failed to hit his target and like his predecessor, and should be given the boot accodingly in a show of consistancy.

on paper, yeah brilliant, but who the fuck else is there? i'd have kept Hughes, as I'd have kept Sven, and I preferred them both to Mancini (stylistically) but surely there is no mileage at all in replacing him this quickly... let's have a bit of continuity - it remains the onlyy thing we have not tried.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Grob wrote:Hughes was given the boot with the club in 6th after failing to get into the top 4.

Currently we are 6th.

on paper, yeah brilliant, but who the fuck else is there? i'd have kept Hughes, as I'd have kept Sven, and I preferred them both to Mancini (stylistically) but surely there is no mileage at all in replacing him this quickly... let's have a bit of continuity - it remains the onlyy thing we have not tried.

Getting the club into the top 4 with a squad full of good players and an open cheque book shouldnt be too hard, im sure theres scores of managers who could do that job. Its worthless listing names here just so others can write them off as 'shit'.

Again, if Hughes was sacked for not hitting his target, I expect the club to be consistant and fire Mancini if he misses his.

I hope he doesnt by the way to dispell any myths that I am a Mancini hater, but I think he will.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 pm

No, allthough i would be dissapointed as i beleive we should finish above Villa and Liverpool, maybe not spurs.

FORZA MANCINI!
the_georgian_genius

Postby CitizenYank » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:49 am

No I don't think they will sack him for the following reasons.

1. The Hughes situation was entirely different. The owners always wanted a foreign coach. Mancini is their man.

2. We can still see a top fourth finish; I say we win two of the next three games.

3/4 Excuses, Excuses: Mancini can always excuse himself by saying the players were not his transfer picks and that we still achieved our highest PL point total ever. He won't use excuses, though.

5. Mancini is an honorable man where loyalty is paramount to the club that employ him. He stayed at Sampdoria for over fourteen years when he could have gone to Roma or AC Milian. His takes responsibility for his teams and will not argue with the results.

The owners will meet with him and tell him their expectations for the upcoming season, If
he can't make the grade, then let's hope Jose Mourinho isn't busy???
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Grob wrote:

Currently we are 6th.

Getting the club into the top 4 with a squad full of good players and an open cheque book shouldnt be too hard, im sure theres scores of managers who could do that job. Its worthless listing names here just so others can write them off as 'shit'.

Again, if Hughes was sacked for not hitting his target, I expect the club to be consistant and fire Mancini if he misses his.

I hope he doesnt by the way to dispell any myths that I am a Mancini hater, but I think he will.

so you don't think it's healthy to suggest that this squad helmed by MON, Moyes, Arry, or Hodgson would make it into the Top 4? or that one of Neil Warnock, Fat Sam, Paul Jewell, or Stuart Pearce might be able to get Top 6 easily or even Top 4 as well?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:04 pm

Considering we are just about to enter the most exciting last few days of a season that could see us qualify for the CL for the 1st time since 1968. I would have thought that all our energies would have been concentrated into focussing on that.
I haven't the time and certainly not the inclination to consider failure at this point...Maybe in a weeks time...but certainly not now.

We are about to go into the final battle and people are thinking about sacking our manager...I give up!!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Grob wrote:

Currently we are 6th.

so you don't think it's healthy to suggest that this squad helmed by MON, Moyes, Arry, or Hodgson would make it into the Top 4? or that one of Neil Warnock, Fat Sam, Paul Jewell, or Stuart Pearce might be able to get Top 6 easily or even Top 4 as well?

cheers

no, it's not healthy to suggest that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Kladze wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

If most of us can get over Hughes then just maybe Antii can get over his Mancini obsession?

I think that you have it the wrong way around - I think that NQDP has a Hughes obsession he can just not let go

There were a few highly vocal Hughes haters that went on and on - after they got what they wanted it is them that have not been able to let it go - this is just another thread (after several others) that seem to be aimed more about those same people reaffirming that they were right

Meanwhile the rest of us are just getting on with supporting CITY (as we were before)

Couldn't agree more.
But we (the rest of us) need to stop responding to 'that group' of posters, who clearly have an agenda which we can either ignore or feed.

shows the priorities of you two as you only harp on about Hughes and me.

Some City supporters. Maybe one day I see football related topic started by either of you. In fact football related post would be a good start.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Grob wrote:

Currently we are 6th.

cheers

no, it's not healthy to suggest that.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:42 pm

john68 wrote:Considering we are just about to enter the most exciting last few days of a season that could see us qualify for the CL for the 1st time since 1968. I would have thought that all our energies would have been concentrated into focussing on that.
I haven't the time and certainly not the inclination to consider failure at this point...Maybe in a weeks time...but certainly not now.

We are about to go into the final battle and people are thinking about sacking our manager...I give up!!!!

its fucking your archrival John...he won't give it up. i thought you schooled him in the Hughes debates btw, just for the record.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm

I want the cunt sacked

I demand justice for the Carrington 3

ImageImageImage
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Kladze wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Some City supporters. Maybe one day I see football related topic started by either of you. In fact football related post would be a good start.

Some CITY supporter? - organised my flight on holiday to leave after the game against Arsenal - flying back from holiday for the Villa and Spurs games - still negotiating with the wife getting back for the Hammers games where I will be forking out for hospitality - lifelong fan - long long time season ticket holder up and down from Berkshire all the time - yeah I am a real poor supporter compared to you

Throw any of the bollocks that you specialize in - but do not question my credentials as a CITY fan - you are conference league compared to me

And anyway can you not just go away - you have said you will ignore me - please just do it
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Kladze wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Some CITY supporter? - organised my flight on holiday to leave after the game against Arsenal - flying back from holiday for the Villa and Spurs games - still negotiating with the wife getting back for the Hammers games where I will be forking out for hospitality - lifelong fan - long long time season ticket holder up and down from Berkshire all the time - yeah I am a real poor supporter compared to you

Throw any of the bollocks that you specialize in - but do not question my credentials as a CITY fan - you are conference league compared to me

And anyway can you not just go away - you have said you will ignore me - please just do it

Questioning other people's support is about the worst thing that can be levelled at anyone on this site I reckon and I've had it done to me quite a few times over the last few months.

We should all refrain from that bollox IMO.
Original Dub

Postby ant london » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Questioning other people's support is about the worst thing that can be levelled at anyone on this site I reckon and I've had it done to me quite a few times over the last few months.

Very true....I could easily level the accusation against Antti that he cannot possibly hate United as much as a blue who grew up in Manchester and has had a lifetime of them and their fans (some of whom are his closest childhood friends and maybe family) rubbing their noses in it every time they have succeeded and we have failed. That all his hatred of them smacks of someone trying too hard to prove how massive a blue he is....and that he cannot possibly "get it" the way a Manc can.

I don't actually think that and I respect all City fans for supporting the club in their own way but that would be an easy cheap shot and I'm pretty sure there are those who would nod along in some way.

Pot shots at fellow fans for not being "proper blues" is a cunt's trick

Leave it out
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Anyway - going forward I will try to avoid rising to the bait and answering anything posted that is clearly inconsistent or double standards - it seems that normal posters should not do that to certain posters - so I will try to comply
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 pm

ant london wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very true....I could easily level the accusation against Antti that he cannot possibly hate U***d as much as a blue who grew up in Manchester and has had a lifetime of them and their fans (some of whom are his closest childhood friends and maybe family) rubbing their noses in it every time they have succeeded and we have failed. That all his hatred of them smacks of someone trying too hard to prove how massive a blue he is....and that he cannot possibly "get it" the way a Manc can.

I don't actually think that and I respect all City fans for supporting the club in their own way but that would be an easy cheap shot and I'm pretty sure there are those who would nod along in some way.

Pot shots at fellow fans for not being "proper blues" is a cunt's trick

Leave it out

Well that's just it mate, I've actually levelled that at Antti before when I felt my support was being quesitoned, but it should never be quesitoned either way.

Question someone else's support and expect the worst back. That's my take on it anyway. I've had my support questioned because I didn't want hughes sacked, because I wanted us to sign Tevez and because I criticised areas of Mancini's management style.

What the fuck is all that about?!
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum