Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Villa

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:49 am

thoughts on Villa lads ?

while undoubtedly a decent side, they seem to have a fixed style of play. They also lack consistency and look quite fragile. The game against Brum they almost lost it completely before they got the pen decision.. heads were dropping, frustration showing and they let Brum start to really dominate the game. A lot of people seem to rekon their players are tired and that would figure for me the way they looked like they were going to give up against Birmingham.. looked like they were on their last legs.

As a plan B if City can make them work their balls off, i rekon it would pay off eventually.
( plan A obviously is get a goal or two and watch them collapse )
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Villa

Postby gilford » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 am

brite blu sky wrote:while undoubtedly a decent side, they seem to have a fixed style of play. They also lack consistency and look quite fragile.

Sound a lot like us then eh..............!?

A lot at stake here for both of us, so I can see it being a draw, although my heart says 2 nil City!!!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Beeks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:31 am

1-1 Dunney header from a corner...then we equalise with a goal mouth scramble and an Ade toe poke
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:40 am

you just know dunnie is gonna have one of those games where he is just a colossus.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:43 am

Noticed several familiar phrases creeping into their match commentary with Brum the other day, like:

'given away by Dunne........'

'nearly an own goal by Dunne..........'

'over the bar by Dunne, unchallenged, ducked too early......'

Villa should be very predictable and, as Chelsea have proven twice recently, if you make them run around for 50 or 60 minutes you should really power into them in the last half hour. We are actually in pretty good form. Although we have just matched Scum and Arse we have demolished those before and, in theory, neither Villa nor Spuds should live with us at home. There are those of course who think we should be slamming both Scum and Arse (away) at this stage of the season, but some reality needs to kick in.

Shouldn't be rocket science even for Mancini's tactics boys, so how about a positive irony in this one bishy?:

"Own goal by Dunne sets City onto 5-0 romp".
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 am

john@staustell wrote:so how about a positive irony in this one bishy?

"Own goal by Dunne sets City onto 5-0 romp".

Sounds good John

How about a Barry hat trick too haha
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm

"They don't like it up 'em" - our best chance is to get an early goal and make them crumble.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:"They don't like it up 'em" - our best chance is to get an early goal and make them crumble.

I too tend to believe that the blow-away tactics we used against Burnley and Brum would work against Villa. I dont agree with some that it would've worked at Arsenal or Scum. But Villa dont compare with those 2.

Question is 'which way will the manager go'?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Dameerto wrote:"They don't like it up 'em" - our best chance is to get an early goal and make them crumble.

I too tend to believe that the blow-away tactics we used against Burnley and Brum would work against Villa. I dont agree with some that it would've worked at Arsenal or Scum. But Villa dont compare with those 2.

Question is 'which way will the manager go'?

who knows?

but i think whichever way he goes we will beat them and potentially with some good football. For me i'd go for the blow away tactic as it is more fun to watch plus i dont think they have it in them to come back, so if the game opens up it could easily become a disaster for them
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Wooders » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 pm

I think if we don't win we can forget champs league is what I think
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

A few weeks back, I attended a funeral in Birmingham from the inlaws side, and an Ex Villa player was at the wake, and I asked him the same question, and was astonished when he replied they were in a false position in the table. He also reckons their over rated and boring to watch. Now this player who will remain nameless for obvious reasons, was a big favourite of theirs in the 60s
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:28 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:A few weeks back, I attended a funeral in Birmingham from the inlaws side, and an Ex Villa player was at the wake, and I asked him the same question, and was astonished when he replied they were in a false position in the table. He also reckons their over rated and boring to watch. Now this player who will remain nameless for obvious reasons, was a big favourite of theirs in the 60s

Interesting..
they do seem to sneak quite a few results by one goal.. but then hey so the fuclin rags and that is heralded as resilient
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 pm

That might go some way to explaining the strange reaction from the fans, booing and having a go when they are seemingly doing ok.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Ref Named for Villa Game. Good, bad or indifferent?

Mark Clattenburg will take charge of City's Premier League game against Aston Villa at Eastlands.

The Tyne & Wear official has refereed 39 games this season in which he has shown a total of 98 yellow cards and 5 reds.

Mark Clattenburg will be assisted by Michael Murphy and Andy Halliday for the game on Saturday afternoon.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ref Named for Villa Game. Good, bad or indifferent?

Mark Clattenburg will take charge of City's Premier League game against Aston Villa at Eastlands.

The Tyne & Wear official has refereed 39 games this season in which he has shown a total of 98 yellow cards and 5 reds.

Mark Clattenburg will be assisted by Michael Murphy and Andy Halliday for the game on Saturday afternoon.

The guy who didn't see anything when he was stood right in front of Ade when he kicked out at RVP?

To be honest they're all shite and most are bent as fuck and backed to the hilt by a corrupt FA, so it really doesn't bother me who's in charge.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:57 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:1-1 Dunney header from a corner...then we equalise with a goal mouth scramble and an Ade toe poke

2 points from 3 Matches?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 pm

As long as we win and it doesn't rain I don't care what tactics we play.Me and my lad are coming over for this one.It was freezing last time we came hope its warm this time
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Rag_hater wrote:As long as we win and it doesn't rain I don't care what tactics we play.Me and my lad are coming over for this one.It was freezing last time we came hope its warm this time

I dunno, I think the rain would help us and I don't care if you get pissed on mate! ;)

I don't care what tactics we play either, as long as we win. I just feel we won't get a win if we approach with as much caution as every other time!
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:As long as we win and it doesn't rain I don't care what tactics we play.Me and my lad are coming over for this one.It was freezing last time we came hope its warm this time

I dunno, I think the rain would help us and I don't care if you get pissed on mate! ;)

I don't care what tactics we play either, as long as we win. I just feel we won't get a win if we approach with as much caution as every other time!

I lived in Manchester a few years ago for a long time and I remember it raining from about September to August some years.I dont ever remember the rain helping us win a match so hoping for it to help us on Sat would be a new one on me.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:11 am

Original Dub wrote:

It's weird but I think rain does help us everytime its been sunny I always said we should play better as we have a lot of foreign players but we usually went on to lose or draw. So I think bad weather might be the key lol.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum