Training Tuesday 27/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 27/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Nice warm day and the first training session of the week leading up to the massive Villa game. Missing were Ade ( he was out but only jogging with a physio) NDJ,Bridge and of course Given and Taylor. The only 2 keepers were Neilsen and Karius so Gonzalez must be injured as well as I had heard.

Sadly all work was done away on the far side so I wasn't close enough to get a feel for much but it seemed pretty quiet. Various exercises followed by them all coming to the pitch behind the fence but that was only for some repeat positional/shape work. Then back again to do some stretching exercises before they had a 9 a side game. Barry left them at this stage but there was no sign of injury so just precautionary I am sure.

Nothing much to report in the game .I could hear the viking screaming out his familiar 2 phrases of stop the cross and no shot and from all I saw in his work with the keeper coach and in this short game he was in good nick. Worth mentioning though that Massimo the keeper coach was taking no prisoners today screaming at them regularly and the kepers were very clear when he was unhappy.Come to think of it nothing really new there.

Very few goals in the game but a very nice move finished it off with RSC scoring from Bellers cross.Thefinal part for today was again behind the fence and all about attacking work.Tevez , Bellers and RSC mostly getting on the end if things and giving the keeper Karius a tough time. I would expect the tempo to pick up through the week.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 27/4

Postby tchumatu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks Doug!
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Ta mate. Do you know if their still doing those tortuous double sessions?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby stockportblue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Was Brian Kidd there Doug?-He was at Platt Lane for at least the first half of the academy game-What time did they train?
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Cheers Doug.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm

stockportblue wrote:Was Brian Kidd there Doug?-He was at Platt Lane for at least the first half of the academy game-What time did they train?

He was there all the time starting at 2pm. An academy game might account for why I was told it was an 11am start yesterday but it became 2pm today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ta mate. Do you know if their still doing those tortuous double sessions?

Sarcasm doesn't suit you Beefy :) They aren't doing them and they have done very very few in the last 6 months.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby JonnyAsh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks Doug, one of the highlights of the day are these reports. You really give a good feel for what is happening, so thanks again.
Just on the double sessions, what used to happen in the interval between sessions ? Surely the players didn't have time to go home and come back, so were they just kicking their heels around Carrington ?
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:52 pm

JonnyAsh wrote:Thanks Doug, one of the highlights of the day are these reports. You really give a good feel for what is happening, so thanks again.
Just on the double sessions, what used to happen in the interval between sessions ? Surely the players didn't have time to go home and come back, so were they just kicking their heels around Carrington ?

There really have been so few and I am sure they would have stayed there. There wouldnt have been that long in between anyway given some sort of warm down routines inside and something to eat. An 11 am session for an hour till just after 12 and then out again at 2pm doesnt actually leave that much time.
It would possibly be an ideal time to review past games ,whether video footage or looking at stats or talking about tactics for a forthcoming game or just hanging around playing pool.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby walshawblue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Just my luck turn up at 11 am only to find training was at 2pm
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum