Fulop joins City on emergency loan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fulop joins City on emergency loan

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

john@staustell wrote:Also I wouldn't be too surprised if either Gunnar or Fulop started on Saturday (someone said it would be 'funny' if Gunnar started). It's about having 2 keepers in case one is injured innit?

Exactly! City need two keepers - just because they bought Fulop doesn't mean he's an automatic start.

I do like the look af Gunnar though. There is sonething cult-ish about him, and his timing.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am

A funny thread this one but surely good to get some of the pent up anger in some. We don't know what Fulop is all about and judging him on performances behind a crap defence isn't the real test so let's not damn him before he arrives.

He has some top level experience which Gunnar hasn't and for those who seem happy with him after 18 minutes or so at Arsenal ( 18 minutes!!) there would be plenty who might remember longer periods in reserve games where he wasn't so great.He isn't a bad keeper but I would expect Fulop to be better.

Anyway , getting 4th place is surely about how the team play against Villa and Spurs. We are going to take the game to them score more goals and the keeper bit will be incidental.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A funny thread this one but surely good to get some of the pent up anger in some. We don't know what Fulop is all about and judging him on performances behind a crap defence isn't the real test so let's not damn him before he arrives.

He has some top level experience which Gunnar hasn't and for those who seem happy with him after 18 minutes or so at Arsenal ( 18 minutes!!) there would be plenty who might remember longer periods in reserve games where he wasn't so great.He isn't a bad keeper but I would expect Fulop to be better.

Anyway , getting 4th place is surely about how the team play against Villa and Spurs. We are going to take the game to them score more goals and the keeper bit will be incidental.

Well if we had any other plan, surely now Shay's injured we'll be attacking as much as possible, as we won't want to be defending deep & inviting people to shoot at an untried keeper?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:31 am

We started the season with shay given (one of the best shot stoppers in the world) and joe hart ( England future number 1 and young player of the season) and for our final 3 games of the season (probably the most important games since 1999) who will we have in goal??? Sunderlands 3rd choice goalkeeper noneother than the one and only superstar with a funky name Martin Flyaway Fulop! (they named him that cos obviously flyaways are the hardest thing to save ever!!! FACT!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am

Patrick wrote:I believe his father Philipe also invented the beach sandal

how did this pass by unnoticed?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 am

The Man In Blue wrote:

No idea...but duly noted as a comment worthy of a *snigger*
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

No idea...but duly noted as a comment worthy of a *snigger*

lol i got it a bit late but v.good
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A funny thread this one but surely good to get some of the pent up anger in some. We don't know what Fulop is all about and judging him on performances behind a crap defence isn't the real test so let's not damn him before he arrives.

Well if we had any other plan, surely now Shay's injured we'll be attacking as much as possible, as we won't want to be defending deep & inviting people to shoot at an untried keeper?

Bang on the money!

If ever there was sign that we need to attack attack attack its this whole affair.
Original Dub

Postby mackemmad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello again! Just thought I give you a bit of info on Fulop from the sunderland perspective.

Marton is a good keeper. There are some around sunderland that would rather he played than Craig Gordon (Although they are in a minority). As some of you rightly said earlier when he played this season we were on a crap run with an unsettled defence so it would be unfair to judge him on that. The one problem I have with him is his command of the area. He seems to be pulling the defenders back all of the time when they really should be playing higher up the pitch and I think this he why he concedes a lot of the goals he does. That said when it comes to catching the ball from corners, free kicks etc he is very good.

He will do a good job for you guys in these last few games but I can't see you buying him afterwards. He's not good enough for where you want to go, and if Joe Hart doesn't go back to Brum then I reckon thats where Marton will end up.

Hopefully City will return the favour in the summer and sell us Stephen Ireland on the cheap eh. Well heres to hoping lol.
mackemmad
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Blue2 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:43 pm

mackemmad wrote:Hello again! Just thought I give you a bit of info on Fulop from the sunderland perspective.

Marton is a good keeper. There are some around sunderland that would rather he played than Craig Gordon (Although they are in a minority). As some of you rightly said earlier when he played this season we were on a crap run with an unsettled defence so it would be unfair to judge him on that. The one problem I have with him is his command of the area. He seems to be pulling the defenders back all of the time when they really should be playing higher up the pitch and I think this he why he concedes a lot of the goals he does. That said when it comes to catching the ball from corners, free kicks etc he is very good.

He will do a good job for you guys in these last few games but I can't see you buying him afterwards. He's not good enough for where you want to go, and if Joe Hart doesn't go back to Brum then I reckon thats where Marton will end up.

Hopefully City will return the favour in the summer and sell us Stephen Ireland on the cheap eh. Well heres to hoping lol.

Thanks for that, I'm sure we will let you have Ireland on the cheap- £15m ok?
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Fair play to Sunderland. They could have dragged it out for longer but well played Big Niall.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Not see n that much of Fulop - but I have to say that what I have seen made a good impression

He was in goal when we beat them 4-3, he made a number of good reaction-saves.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Dameerto wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Not see n that much of Fulop - but I have to say that what I have seen made a good impression

He was in goal when we beat them 4-3, he made a number of good reaction-saves.

I remember that well, who the hell thought he would be the one to take us to the Champions league on that day. He really did frustrate me with those saves. Not Joe Hart, but at least he is battle tested at the top level.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Rae4685 wrote:We started the season with shay given (one of the best shot stoppers in the world) and joe hart ( England future number 1 and young player of the season) and for our final 3 games of the season (probably the most important games since 1999) who will we have in goal??? Sunderlands 3rd choice goalkeeper noneother than the one and only superstar with a funky name Martin Flyaway Fulop! (they named him that cos obviously flyaways are the hardest thing to save ever!!! FACT!

Good points here. There are lots of people moaning about Brum and also the premierleague. But our club is the one who decided to go into the season with only two experienced keepers (Given and Taylor). Once Taylor was injured a few weeks ago I've been thinking, what would happen if Given gets injured.... and now it's happened.
We have no one to blame but ourselves on this one. If Hart was unhappy about spending long periods on the subs bench then someone should have politely reminded him he is 22 years old getting paid shitloads to play a sport, and he is there to do a job for Man City FC, not what is best for Joe Hart. And you are right to point out, after all the hard work getting ourselves into the position we are in, we go into games against our biggest rivals for 4th place with Sunderland's third choice keeper. I hope lessons are learnt on this one. We are the richest club in the world. It's about time we starting behaving like it.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Taylor has only had a handful of games in years anyway so it was INSANE only having him as a backup. From what I saw of Taylor, Flyaway can't be any worse? Unless he's as bad as Issssakkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssson obviously? Shame Arnie Arneson wasn't available this time!!!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum