**Barca v Jose**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **Barca v Jose**

Postby MHiggi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Messi completely marginalised over 2 legs, zero impact and Barca kept to 2 goals despite having the ball for about 80% of the time.

Overrated that Mourinho geezer isn't he! The "wouldn't want him at City" brigade do crack me up - come to think of it Jose probably wouldn't fit in with us as he's far too good and wins important matches and trophies, an alien concept to us, and yet some City fans would turn there nose up at him - unreal.

I'd pay the guy £2m a friggin week to manage my club as he comes up with the goods, end of.

This ^^^ the guy really does know how to win i thought Inter defended very very well tonight i can't think of many teams that could go down to 10 men and survive 70mins of Barca attacking and not conceed 2 goals.

look no further than your own mate, City didn't concede 1 goal against almost this team minus messi ealrier in the season..

Pretty sure Messi played a half in that game too (so did ben haim so they can't be that good!)
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Goataldo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 pm

I like Mourinho but every time he goes a bit too far my respect for him dies a bit. Going up to Guardiola whilst he's talking to a player and giving him some snide remark and slapping the back of his head just makes him look like a nob.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:Jose is an absolute fucking cock. But he gets results so I would never complain if he was our fucking cock

He's the Bellamy of managers - much better to have him on your side than against you.

I'd much rather have someone who gets us playing like Barca tbh, even if we lose to the occasional bus parking routine from an inferior team. Better to lose occasionally playing like Barca than win occasionally playing like Inter imo.

Like Churchil said when that woman told him he was drunk; " & you madam are ugly but in the morning I will be sober". Barca will be back next year playing wonderful football & perhaps winning it, Inter will still be boring the living shit out of people & probably not quite as successful with it.

Be interesting if he goes to Madrid, to see if he changes his methods or whether he turns them into successful bores.

Very noble. However as a City fan the idea of turning your nose up at a manager who guarantees success is quite baffling. I find that if City win, and quite frankly I dont give a toss how we do it, I largely enjoy it.

Case in point if we beat Villa 1-0 in a dour slugfest on saturday, winning the game with our only shot I guarantee Ill enjoy it a lot more than if we play Arsenal style pretty stuff and end up with an "entertaining" 2-2 draw.

We are City, not Barca, and have neither the history nor the players to start preaching a total football mantra over the pragmatic approach that might actually win us a meaningful game or two, perhaps even a trophy god forbid.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goataldo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:Jose is an absolute fucking cock. But he gets results so I would never complain if he was our fucking cock

He's the Bellamy of managers - much better to have him on your side than against you.

I'd much rather have someone who gets us playing like Barca tbh, even if we lose to the occasional bus parking routine from an inferior team. Better to lose occasionally playing like Barca than win occasionally playing like Inter imo.

Like Churchil said when that woman told him he was drunk; " & you madam are ugly but in the morning I will be sober". Barca will be back next year playing wonderful football & perhaps winning it, Inter will still be boring the living shit out of people & probably not quite as successful with it.

Be interesting if he goes to Madrid, to see if he changes his methods or whether he turns them into successful bores.

Very noble. However as a City fan the idea of turning your nose up at a manager who guarantees success is quite baffling. I find that if City win, and quite frankly I dont give a toss how we do it, I largely enjoy it.

Case in point if we beat Villa 1-0 in a dour slugfest on saturday, winning the game with our only shot I guarantee Ill enjoy it a lot more than if we play Arsenal style pretty stuff and end up with an "entertaining" 2-2 draw.

We are City, not Barca, and have neither the history nor the players to start preaching a total football mantra over the pragmatic approach that might actually win us a meaningful game or two, perhaps even a trophy god forbid.

Have to admit, I'd take success over style. Style can come later.Trophies can't come soon enough.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 pm

ermmmmm just reading the odd post on here but it seems contradictory to me.

Many many people have said how boring tonights match was.

It reminded me of OUR VERY OWN mancio. Tactics. Jose went to stop barca playing and they won on agg. That is exactly what mancio would do with city and everyone (maybe me includeD) would moan at him go going into the match to LOSE.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:How bad did Tyldesley and O'Dreary want Barca to win tonight, the pair of em were getting hard ons everytime messi had the ball.

Perhaps they're televising the final on ITV? I know who'd produce the best game.

Richard Keys will have his dick out & a picture of Mourinho in front of him at this very moment though. As will Henry Winter & most of the press boys.

Im glad inter went through, better game and more evenly matched with Bayern, Fuck Barca the cheating twats
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Jose Mourinho doesn't care about boring football or attractive football - he plays the football necessary to win.

Tonight he was defending a good lead against THE best attacking side in the world, dealt an unfair early blow too. His team defended heroically. This isn't luck, one man can't get this amount of good fortune. He is truly the best that there is.

I don't think we've any chance of getting him any time soon, but he's the only man on the planet who could guarantee an end to our trophyless years.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 pm

MHiggi wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Messi completely marginalised over 2 legs, zero impact and Barca kept to 2 goals despite having the ball for about 80% of the time.

Overrated that Mourinho geezer isn't he! The "wouldn't want him at City" brigade do crack me up - come to think of it Jose probably wouldn't fit in with us as he's far too good and wins important matches and trophies, an alien concept to us, and yet some City fans would turn there nose up at him - unreal.

I'd pay the guy £2m a friggin week to manage my club as he comes up with the goods, end of.

This ^^^ the guy really does know how to win i thought Inter defended very very well tonight i can't think of many teams that could go down to 10 men and survive 70mins of Barca attacking and not conceed 2 goals.

look no further than your own mate, City didn't concede 1 goal against almost this team minus messi ealrier in the season..

Pretty sure Messi played a half in that game too (so did ben haim so they can't be that good!)

your right he did..

in the second half and City were camped in their own penalty box for 20 mins. They didnt score though.

FC Barcelona:
Pinto; Montoya (Alves, 46), Puyol (Marc Bartra, 30), Fontas (Pique, 65), Maxwell; Sergio; Yaya Toure (Jonathan, 46), Gudjohnsen (Keita, 46); Jeffren Gai, 54), Bojan (Ibrahimovic, 46), Pedro (Messi, 46).

Bookings:
Manchester City:
Given; Onuoha, Dunne, Kolo Toure (Ben Haim, 46), Zabaleta (Garrido, 65); Weiss, Wright-Phillips (Tripper, 81), Ireland, Barry Etuhu, 69), Petrov; Tevez (Bellamy, 65).

I thought Barca showed more inventiveness against City that tonight against Milan
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ronk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Jose Mourinho doesn't care about boring football or attractive football - he plays the football necessary to win.

Tonight he was defending a good lead against THE best attacking side in the world, dealt an unfair early blow too. His team defended heroically. This isn't luck, one man can't get this amount of good fortune. He is truly the best that there is.

I don't think we've any chance of getting him any time soon, but he's the only man on the planet who could guarantee an end to our trophyless years.

Every one of the 6 years since one of his teams last won the CL he's had a squad/team capable of challenging for the title and his job description has been to win it, but he's failed (I've counted the year he got sacked as a failure). Chelsea and Inter both hired him to win it, and do it quickly.

All he's done so far is make another final, eventually. He's done extremely well to get there but there was a fair bit of luck there in winning (as there usually is).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:24 am

Not this argument AGAIN. Even if Mancini were sacked, I seriously doubt Jose would come. I think he is real bound, I've said that for six months now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:23 am

It makes me smile how some say Barcelona are cheaters...sure, the red card was a bit soft (but let's not forget Motta was already booked, and he still put a hand in the other player's face, so another booking wouldn't have been so outrageous, and he would still be sent off), but if we consider both legs, Barcelona were not awarded at least one clear penalty in Milan, and last night a goal that should have stood was cancelled. And they are the cheaters?

Anyway, top defensive display from Inter, you have to give them that. I'm amused at how many enjoyed that though, considering how badly Mancini was criticized when he put us out to defend. I know that I didn't enjoy that, it was one of the most depressing sights I've ever endured during a football match, 94 minutes of making a wall in front of your goal...wow...
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 am

What occured to me after the Motta sending off, was the FIFA ruling on the incident, if its below the chin YELLOW if its above RED. wasnt Ades against Stoke below, and if so why didnt we appeal
eastlandsblue

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:38 am

eastlandsblue wrote:What occured to me after the Motta sending off, was the FIFA ruling on the incident, if its below the chin YELLOW if its above RED. wasnt Ades against Stoke below, and if so why didnt we appeal

Because one was ruled on by the English FA and the other by FIFA.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:It makes me smile how some say Barcelona are cheaters...sure, the red card was a bit soft (but let's not forget Motta was already booked, and he still put a hand in the other player's face, so another booking wouldn't have been so outrageous, and he would still be sent off), but if we consider both legs, Barcelona were not awarded at least one clear penalty in Milan, and last night a goal that should have stood was cancelled. And they are the cheaters?

Anyway, top defensive display from Inter, you have to give them that. I'm amused at how many enjoyed that though, considering how badly Mancini was criticized when he put us out to defend. I know that I didn't enjoy that, it was one of the most depressing sights I've ever endured during a football match, 94 minutes of making a wall in front of your goal...wow...

the difference is Mancicni puts us out to defend away to stoke, mourinho is holding on to a two goal lead away to the best attacking team in the world(possibly ever) its a different scenario.

Mourinho is best in the world theres no arguing and id take him anyday, butt as NDQP says i doubt we have a hope
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:I thought it was Barcelona v Inter Milan tonight? Not Barcelona v Jose Mourinho? Odds stacked against him. Porto to the European Cup Final and now Inter.

Sign him up.

Boring. Stop going on about Mourinho every 5 minutes. He not gonna be our manager. So get over it or just wank over pictures of him in your own time.

I like your avatar. How do you clean the spunk off your screen.

I swear you would catch your lovely Mrs giving Bobbeh Manceh a hand job yet compliment him on his choice of Lady.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 am

Slim wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:What occured to me after the Motta sending off, was the FIFA ruling on the incident, if its below the chin YELLOW if its above RED. wasnt Ades against Stoke below, and if so why didnt we appeal

Because one was ruled on by the English FA and the other by FIFA.

maybe so, but aparently what ITV said was bollocks according to ssn
eastlandsblue

Postby ant london » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 am

I'm really quite happy that Barcelona are out.

I must confess that I am a bit sick of the global wankfest about their "beautiful football". I watched this in a bar full of Egyptians last night. To a man they were all supporting Barca....populist shitstains (equally they mainly love the munes here and Al Ahly (the biggest Egyptian team) are known likewise as the Red Devils)....following the most obvious teams.

I'm glad that Jose did an anti-football job on them. Serves them right for signing that waste of space Ibrahimovic. I just pray to god he never sets foot into our club
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 am

I was kind of happy either way. I admire the philosophy of Barca and happy to see them in the final. Equally I am bit of a Jose fanboy and you have to admire the way he drills the fuck out of his team. Give him some time to get in the right players and time to drill them and he will win something even if the way he does it ain't pretty.

Jose at City would be something. Personally I think that ship has sailed and I don't think he is the right fit for the owners anyway but lets face it if it happened most of you on here would be having meltdowns every week either over Jose personally or the football or both.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

BobKowalski wrote:I was kind of happy either way. I admire the philosophy of Barca and happy to see them in the final. Equally I am bit of a Jose fanboy and you have to admire the way he drills the fuck out of his team. Give him some time to get in the right players and time to drill them and he will win something even if the way he does it ain't pretty.

Jose at City would be something. Personally I think that ship has sailed and I don't think he is the right fit for the owners anyway but lets face it if it happened most of you on here would be having meltdowns every week either over Jose personally or the football or both.

Exactly.

I like Mourinho as a manager myself as well but I'm results first and foremost person anyway. I also think that his ego tripping is clever way to take the spotlight and pressure off the players and to himself. That said, people here would be going mental so for that reason alone I'm fairly happy not to see him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:51 pm

agree with NQDP, he will go to Madrid.. in fact they are match made in heaven and after last night possibly emotion will get the better of Real and they will do anything to get him.. i hope they do, then at least he will be no where near City.. and best case scenario we could even end up knocking them and him out of the CL
now that would be something to celebrate, even the mongs who support barca would join in with me on that..

CMON CITY!!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum