Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 am

Joe Hart to be given chance to make Manchester City goalkeeper's jersey his own
Joe Hart has been told he will be handed the opportunity to claim Manchester City's goalkeeping jersey on a permanent basis next season with Shay Given likely to miss the start of the 2010/11 campaign following shoulder surgery.
Republic of Ireland international Given, 34, is facing between four to five months on the sidelines as a result of the injury to his left shoulder sustained during the 0-0 draw against Arsenal last Saturday.
The former Newcastle goalkeeper's injury has forced to City to recruit Sunderland's third-choice goalkeeper, Marton Fulop, on an emergency loan following the Premier League's refusal to sanction the early recall of Hart from his loan period at Birmingham City.
Sport on television But while Fulop will be charged with helping City secure Champions League football in their final three league games, Hart's prospects at Eastlands have improved dramatically in the wake of Given's injury.
The 23 year-old, voted into the PFA's Premier League Team of the Year earlier this week, has enjoyed an impressive season on loan at St Andrews and is now considered a strong candidate to earn selection as England's third-choice goalkeeper at the World Cup.
Hart's performances for Birmingham have prompted interest from Arsenal, but Given's injury has erased any possibility of City selling the former Shrewsbury youngster this summer.
With former City manager Mark Hughes investing £7 million in Given's services when buying him from Newcastle in Jan 2009, Hart became frustrated with his lack of opportunities at City, hence his move to Birmingham.
But with Roberto Mancini now in place as Hughes's successor, Hart has been assured that he will be judged on his performances next season and will retain his place if he impresses during Given's absence.
Should City qualify for the Champions League, Hart could therefore go into the new season challenging for the England No1 jersey at the same time as playing on the biggest stage for his club.
City's immediate goalkeeping duties rest with Fulop, however. The Hungarian, who has not figured for Sunderland since the 7-2 defeat at Chelsea in January, trained with his new team-mates for the first time on Wednesday and he insists he has no concerns over being thrust into the spotlight against Aston Villa this weekend.
Fulop said: "I got the call on Tuesday from City and I was more than happy to come and help the club. It's fantastic to be here at such a time.
"It came out of the blue, but I'm delighted to try to help City achieve their goal. There are some fantastic players here so I am not worried about anything."
Former City captain Richard Dunne is due to return to Eastlands on Saturday for the first time since being sold by the club last summer.
The Irish defender departed with critical words for City chief executive Garry Cook and he insists his former club will be weighed down by pressure this weekend.
Dunne said: "It's big for City. They're in front of their home crowd and they have to be in the Champions League, so the pressure's probably on them. They're expected to go out and win." ends

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney has been linked with a move to Real Madrid after his representatives requested that the striker recorded two versions of a commercial in Barcelona: one wearing a red kit and the other in a white strip as worn by the Spanish side. Daily Mirror

Italian side Roma are ready to offer Brazil goalkeeper Doni, 30, to Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United in a bid to raise funds. Daily Mail

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger's head talent spotter, Steve Rowley, ran the rule over summer targets defender Phil Jones, 18, and midfielder Steven N'Zonzi, 21, while scouting Sam Allardyce's Blackburn side ahead of Arsenal's trip to Ewood Park. Daily Mail

Liverpool have emerged as favourites to sign Rangers highly-rated 18-year-old defender Danny Wilson. imscouting.com

West Ham are plotting a cut-price summer move for Portsmouth midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng, while the Hammers are also on the trail of Cardiff winger Peter Whittingham and Burnley winger Chris Eagles. Daily Mail

Newcastle are facing a fight to keep Slovenia youngster Haris Vuckic, with Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool ready to make bids for the 17-year-old forward. Daily Mirror

Reading are ready to cash in on Adam Federici and Gylfi Sigursdsson with goalkeeper Federici linked with Tottenham and Liverpool, while Sigurdsson is a £2m target for West Brom and Wolves. Daily Mail

Derby County will sell striker Rob Hulse, 30, in the summer with Coventry and West Bromwich Albion interested.Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Cristiano Ronaldo says he does not expect to be at Real Madrid for the rest of his playing career. "I spent several years wanting to play in Madrid but I don't see myself here at 40. Football is all about cycles - if you have already won everything with a team you have to change." the Sun

England boss Fabio Capello has turned down the chance to take over at Juventus to concentrate on England's World Cup campaign. Daily Mail

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has held clear-the-air talks with his employers and is poised to commit his future to the club. Daily Mail

Uefa president Michel Platini believes Bordeaux boss Laurent Blanc should be the next France coach. Daily Mirror

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton, 27, has given up alcohol and says he lives "a monk-like existence" in an attempt to avoid trouble and reproduce his best form on the football pitch. Thanks Daily Star
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:12 am

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton, 27, has given up alcohol and says he lives "a monk-like existence" in an attempt to avoid trouble and reproduce his best form on the football pitch. Thanks Daily Star

Fucking class.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 am

Tranaldo doesnt expect to be at madrid when he's 40 no shit sherlock
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 am

Manchester U***d's Wayne Rooney has been linked with a move to Real Madrid after his representatives requested that the striker recorded two versions of a commercial in Barcelona: one wearing a red kit and the other in a white strip as worn by the Spanish side. Daily Mirror

As much as I would love him to goto Real that's so obvious bollox its unfunny as there new away kit is white honestly shitty journalism at it's fucking best!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum