Training Thursday 29/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 29/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:48 am

A light day today after the harder work of the past 2 days and there did seem to be a little more life and fun around which has grown through the week. Helped right at the start by Silvinho jumping into one of the golf buggies and racing round the pitch shouting as if he was actually a player running for a pass.Then he jumped out with the buggie still rolling and smashed an imaginary shot into the net and adding his own cheers for the goal. Very funny and had the coaching staff laughing.

A bit of keep ball circle followed to get them warmed up and some fun and banter during this with the highlight where Stevie nutmegged Kolo to the wild cheers of everyone else. Kolo proceeded to chase Steve and gave him a big hug when he caught him.Mancini then took an 11 away for some team work in what looked like the formation for Saturday. It could change as Barry wasn't out today and I doubt he has been ruled out yet but they played a few moves starting from the back with Mancini keeping a close eye on everyone's positioning.

After each attack Mancini would take the ball and approach City's defensive positioning with an even keener eye on the set up. Then it was corner practice time and Mancini ensuring the 11 were clear on the zonal positions , including the breaking players. He took the corners himself and he wasn't on his best form. Then he took a few free kicks from the 45 degree angles which Villa seem to like so much. Only a few and if Villa take them like he did today we won't have any problems.

After about 10 minutes he brought on another " team" and went through the same routine but a little quicker and before you know it the planned session was over. Most of the players stayed out either playing keep ball circles stuff for fun or taking free kicks from the edge of the box. Plus Garrido crossing for RSC to finish which was quite good. Best crosser plus best header of the ball = goals.AJ joined to cross from the other side and again just couldnt get the range right consistently.

The free kicks were only moderately good today. Best of the bunch was Nigel!! Yes Nigel so don't be surprised when he lines up to take one on Saturday. His technique was pretty good actually and he scored some beauties but a few did hit row Z as well.When he even got a deflected one to wrong foot Gunnar he thought it was hilarious and went running off in celebration.

Mancini had separately spent some time talking with Fulop with a lot of pointing and gesturing and then he got Bridge and Ade out for some crossing and finishing. Partly I guess as extra fitness work for them both. Bridge hadnt looked that comfortable early on but he took the strapping off his leg and seemed to feel better and his running and crossing didn't seem a problem. Mancini also did some crossing for Ade and got his form back finding his head consistently. Ade looked fine to me for weekend.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 29/4

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am

Cheers Douggie!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby HeyMark » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Lmao sylvinho! That sounds hilarious!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks Doug. I note Nigel often has good shots in training, but when he gets in a stadium within 35 yards of their goal he inevitably has a red mist descend which sends the ball into row ZZ. Therefore I would suggest on no account he takes our free kicks!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:31 pm

john@staustell wrote:Thanks Doug. I note Nigel often has good shots in training, but when he gets in a stadium within 35 yards of their goal he inevitably has a red mist descend which sends the ball into row ZZ. Therefore I would suggest on no account he takes our free kicks!

It would be scary wouldn't it if Niegl pushes Carlos out of the way to take one. But if he scored............
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

top stuff Doug..

Sylvinho.. brilliant, i would have signed him just for that moment.. pure class and just what is needed at times like this to cut across all the seriousness and bring some perspective, absolute class that you cant buy with money alone.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Thanks Doug. I note Nigel often has good shots in training, but when he gets in a stadium within 35 yards of their goal he inevitably has a red mist descend which sends the ball into row ZZ. Therefore I would suggest on no account he takes our free kicks!

It would be scary wouldn't it if Niegl pushes Carlos out of the way to take one. But if he scored............

Nige isn't the most crap player moving forward with the Dutch team. I have no idea why he can't string two forward passes together or take a shot on goal for City.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Glad to hear of the good spirits, they need to be well up for Saturday.

I actually wanted to hear that Bellamy was looking grim and determined. Tevez looked out of sorts against Arsenal, whether that's a physical or mental thing I dunno, but Bellamy is the one with the balls and ability to grab us that fourth spot, he scares teams like no one else when he's on form. In fact why I didn't add him to the 'can do no wrong' section of 'that other thread' I do not know.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Doug, with the possible exclusion of Ade and Bazzer due to injury, do you reckon that Mancio will go 1 up top with Stevie playing in an advanced role?

PS. Don't forget to PM me those 11 who went off training behind the fence ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Whassat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Just brilliant as always Doug.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby dazby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

How does Fulop look Doug?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 am

dazby wrote:How does Fulop look Doug?

I will forgive you for missing the wednesday report as you were no doubt asleep for the day but it was:
"All eyes on Fulop today as a few extra photographers were there. He's a big guy for sure and although one training session proves nothing he had a really good day today from what I saw. Good hands when taking crosses and he actually gets high for them as well. I felt he had a bit of a presence about him too and he made some excellent saves to show good agility. I could say he was crap because Zaba beat him in a one to one but Zaba could do that to anyone!

I liked what I saw.He diesn't seem overawed by the situation being thrown in here and has made his voice heard as a backline too.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:06 pm

not a patch on you D!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I will forgive you for missing the wednesday report as you were no doubt asleep for the day but it was:
"All eyes on Fulop today as a few extra photographers were there. He's a big guy for sure and although one training session proves nothing he had a really good day today from what I saw. Good hands when taking crosses and he actually gets high for them as well. I felt he had a bit of a presence about him too and he made some excellent saves to show good agility. I could say he was crap because Zaba beat him in a one to one but Zaba could do that to anyone!

I liked what I saw.He diesn't seem overawed by the situation being thrown in here and has made his voice heard as a backline too.

Cheers mate, I did read the Wednesday thread but must have missed that bit. Does he understand Massimo's "eh" from his "eh" from his "ehh?" Because I don't think Lorik can.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum