Dunne - Pressure is on City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dunne - Pressure is on City

Postby ant london » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:09 pm

true to form for this idiot since he left, no references to his time at City or the fans (and the fucking support he always got from us...even when his fuck-ups cost us)...seems incapable of getting over his "treatment" at the hands of Cookie. Knobhead

fuck off Dunnie you useless clumsy own goal scoring red carded fucknut

Hope you have one of your shockers....

(nb. I know full well that my views on Dunne are not widely held...."he's a City legend" and all that. Is he fuck if you ask me)

Richard Dunne has looked to heap the pressure on former club Manchester City.

Dunne and his new team Aston Villa face Manchester City on Saturday in a crucial clash, which will go a long way to deciding fourth place in the Premier League.

City are currently in sixth a point adrift of Villa and Spurs, but they face both clubs in their next two games.

And Dunne insists his former employers have all the pressure on them going into the game at Eastlands.

"We've got a really big game now against Manchester City," said Dunne - who was named in the PFA Team of the Year at the weekend.

"If we can pick up a win it will be an interesting last day. I'm looking forward to it.

"It's good that it's worked out that it's such an important game for both clubs. It's something to look forward to and hopefully we can get the right result on the day.

"It's big for City. They're in front of their home crowd. They have to be in the Champions League, so the pressure's probably on them. They're expected to go out and win.

"Whereas us, we've come from nowhere over the last couple of weeks and we've given ourselves a chance.

"We're going in on a high we've kept a couple of clean sheets and we've won our last three so we're looking forward to it."

Bouncebackability

Dunne is delighted with how Villa have bounced back from their recent defeats to Chelsea in the league and FA Cup.

"A lot of people just classed it as the end of our season when we lost to Chelsea," said the Republic of Ireland international.

"But we still felt there were games there to win and we thought we could put a run together and keep that challenge going for fourth. It's turned out that way. We've given ourselves a chance with two games to go.

"That is the strength of the team - keeping going even when things have appeared to be going against us.

"We have always dug in. The week has been a tough one but we've come out with three great victories."
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Dunne - Pressure is on City

Postby ant london » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 pm

EDIT...Dub you mong....thanks for deleting that post....now it looks like I am talking to myself. I shall paraphrase for you

Original Dub wrote: ahhh to be sure to be sure, he's a City legend...leave off

hehe....I knew you'd be first on here....well you or Beeks (he'll be on soon)

He's not a legend in my books....not even close. POTY in a succession of shitty sides. Big fucking wow
Last edited by ant london on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 pm

are you answering yourself?

Nothing wrong with that interview imo.

And for what its worth he is a legend.
Last edited by Dubciteh on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:23 pm

ant london wrote:true to form for this idiot since he left

I stopped reading after this Ant

*rolls eyes*
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby petrov » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 pm

thats a fair interview i thought, all he said is we're under more pressure to get 4th and win than Villa.

As for him being useless, 4 players of the year for us might not say enough for you, but he is in the team of the season as voted for by PFA. but ya he's useless alright.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Can't see anything wrong with that - to be expected.

You are just a bigot.....
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 pm

fair interview but i think he is trying to convince himself and Villa fans that the game is more important to City, or there is more pressure on City.. Villa need a win just as much as we do as they have only 2 games left
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fish111 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:16 pm

He's a legend imo but he's the feckin enemy for 90 minutes on Saturday and will be a hate fugure along with the rest of the Villa team. I hope he has a nightmare that he is capable of and hands us a victory that we will earn through sheer determination and skill. After which i will applaud him off the pitch and his legend status will be restored.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Many fans and press see some wonderful transformation at Villa, but in truth it's same old Dunney. Excellent at last ditch defending which attracts the plaudits, at which he had plenty of opportunity to shine at City. But usually bamboozled by a quick-footed defender and getting a fair percentage of own goals due to his own slow reactions. (Had a good OG effort last Sunday, but missed from 18 yards).

At Villa he scored a couple of goals near the beginning, which set people raving, but now he's settled down a bit to the usual unmarked headers sailing over the bar like against Brum last week.

I note also that he hasn't miraculously become a Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet, and still passes a fair share obliquely into touch or gives it away.

All of which makes him a half-decent Premier defender, but one which never has, and never will, attract the attention of the big boys.

Plus he doesn't seem to like us very much.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby The Foggy Blue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Dubciteh wrote:are you answering yourself?

Nothing wrong with that interview imo.

And for what its worth he is a legend.

^^This^^
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:41 pm

john@staustell wrote:Plus he doesn't seem to like us very much.

Completely disagree...he had a real affinity with the fans...Cookie pushed him out at the end of the day when there was no need...a classic case of trying to run before we could walk...

I was gutted when he left
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:49 pm

john@staustell wrote:Many fans and press see some wonderful transformation at Villa, but in truth it's same old Dunney. Excellent at last ditch defending which attracts the plaudits, at which he had plenty of opportunity to shine at City. But usually bamboozled by a quick-footed defender and getting a fair percentage of own goals due to his own slow reactions. (Had a good OG effort last Sunday, but missed from 18 yards).

At Villa he scored a couple of goals near the beginning, which set people raving, but now he's settled down a bit to the usual unmarked headers sailing over the bar like against Brum last week.

I note also that he hasn't miraculously become a Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet, and still passes a fair share obliquely into touch or gives it away.

All of which makes him a half-decent Premier defender, but one which never has, and never will, attract the attention of the big boys.

Plus he doesn't seem to like us very much.

Agree with all of that.

I get the feeling that whatever threatment Hughes and Cook gave him, he is now placing on the whole Club. Manchester City is not Gary Cook. It's the supporters and heritage. And those supporters were absolutely wonderful to him especially when he was battling with alcohol. I'd like to see some gratitude.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Agree with you Ant, one of the most overrated players we have ever had. Distin was miles better.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Blue2 wrote:Agree with you Ant, one of the most overrated players we have ever had. Distin was miles better.

Had a good season when we were a defensive, long ball team but as Sven & Hughes tried to get him playing football he got worse & worse & was an accident waiting to happen. ONeil's team is set up to protect the defence & allows him to hump the ball where he likes without criticism but even so his mistakes under pressure helped blow their chances in both cups, as they did every single season for City, no matter what the opposition.

Wish him all the best in his life & career but really didn't enjoy watching him for City & I'm so glad he's gone.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shawzy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Hes trying it on playing mind games...Sour grapes i think.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby simon12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm

They`re above us and a point ahead somehow I think the pressure`s on them...
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Return to The Maine Football forum