Hate Figures vs Can Do No Wrong Figures

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hate Figures vs Can Do No Wrong Figures

Postby shawzy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Hate - The Peter Swales Comb over - Allan Ball - Frank Clark - Steve Coppell.

Can do no wrong - Kompany - Rosler - Quinn - Marc-Vivien Foé
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby roadkill2487 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Andreas Isaksson.. is he still at the club?
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 pm

ant london wrote:OK...I have once again exposed my vehement dislike of Richard Dunne (which was for most of his City career if I'm honest. Just never rated him and was dying for us to get rid)

I fully understand that most disagree with me and not looking to convince anyone BUT my vitriol did get me thinking about the bizarre dislikes of some players that most of us have (and that many don't understand)

Equally...some players are bizarrely adored and can do no wrong in some eyes

So here are mine and my stab at some of yours

Hate Figure
Richard Dunne - Ant London
Micah Richards - IBH
Martin Petrov - Piccs
Carlos Tevez - Guv111
Robinho - Sister of Fu
Wayne Bridge - Bingo Lewis ;D

Saintly Figure
Javier Garrido - Bingo Lewis
Roberto Mancini - NQDP ;-)
Robinho - R_I_G / Rag Hater

Spanish Gaz is top.
Got a lot of time for Vinny too.
Last edited by Bingo Lewis on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 pm

I hate quite a lot of our former 'heroes'. Almost all of the 'players player' fan's favourite; "eee loves City ee does, how can you slag him off?" type players who basically can't kick a fucking football straight such as Dunne, Barton, Lomas, etc. If you can't pass a ball 10 yards you shouldn't be getting paid to play football.

Big Defenders who can't head the ball & who's arses go under pressure; Dunne, Symons, Brian Gayle, Steve Howey etc.

Everyone who played for us after Liverpool. Pissed up con artists.

I loved most of the players with skill who people moan about, from Marsh to Kinky, Berkovic to Robinho (but Robinho has proved to be a complete wanker so I've crossed him off my list).

& I'm proud to say I backed the Goat from day one, against the same kind of unfair crap that RSC gets now. He could truly do no wrong for me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Fish111 wrote:Hate Figure:

Robinho - The ONLY player that i have come to detest. Don't shit on my club you gobby, over-hyped, self-obsessed little wanker.

Can Do No Wrong:

No-one - Everyone is entitled to be slaughtered if they perform shit.

I'll run with that.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Of the curent squad there are a few who i'd like to discuss

In a version of Hell i never want to see:
Micah Richards -- i think his overall game is shit. He played a fantastic half-season, and now he's Titus Bramble. End of.

On the slow train to purgatory, and if you have to ask why...well, i dunno what to say:
Ireland
SWP

Living in Heaven, eating grapes and getting fanned by big-fannied women in skimpy outfits:
Ned
Spanish Gaz -- i think he will matter in these last 3 matches in ways i don't even know yet.
Tevez -- that hair, that face, those teeth, that energy, those goals. Come on.
Ade -- i can cut him a lot of slack because he has skills no one on this side has in terms of finishing qualities with his feet and his head. Classy.
Kompany -- love his spirt and determination. Future captain i believe if he plays his cards right.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Hate figures

Hate is a strong word but, Ireland has really pissed me of this season with his lack of effort and backbone .

Cant do no wrong

Elano for me. Im positive Hughes singled him and the other Brazilians out to try and prove a point .It used to annoy the hell out of me when we were losin a game and Hughes would leave him on the bench and bring someone like Etuhu on..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Hate figures

Hate is a strong word but, Ireland has really pissed me of this season with his lack of effort and backbone .

Cant do no wrong

Elano for me. Im positive Hughes singled him and the other Brazilians out to try and prove a point .It used to annoy the hell out of me when we were losin a game and Hughes would leave him on the bench and bring someone like Etuhu on..

Agree with all that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Ireland - gets on my fucking tits and people (Normally OD ) continues to defend him when he has been utter shit but theres always an excuse like he,s playing out of position ect.
Bolloks - and it,s his fault we lost against the scum.....he,s my hate figure up to now.

Given - can do no wrong........fucking bolloks.....he does loads wrong..doesnt come off his line..and his kicking is probably the worst in the prem...against Arsenal Icounted 5 consecutive kicks..3 went into touch and the other 2 went fuckign nowhere....I think in 10 kicks not one went to a city player..........he should pass it out to his defence instead.....actually forget that as hes fucked anyway.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby King Kev » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:39 pm

roadkill2487 wrote:Andreas Isaksson.. is he still at the club?
Ha ha, I can't believe so many people thought he was a decent 'keeper, absolute dog-shit of a player!

In case you hadn't guessed, he was one of my 'hate' figures.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby HeyMark » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Gelson was another I thought could do no wrong, was convinced he'd run our midfield for years
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Love Vinny and he can do no wrong. Classy player who gives his all and speaks superbly. Football and winning really means something to him.

SWP, hate the first touch, the stumbling over the ball or himself, the running straight in to people, the constantly trying to go inside and losing the ball. I've seen very few footballers with balance and a concept of distance as bad as Shaun's. I also think that he gets an incredibly easy ride compared to others.

Robinho. Mard arse little shit with no respect or gratitude.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm

HATE FIGURES

Joey Barton - I used to absolutely love him, but he just throws it back in your face, several times, before cracking up and getting violent and beating the nearest man woman or child to within an inch of their lives. Again.

Daniel Sturridge - I even hate his micey little evil face.

Us - for making Richard Edghill cry (though i can't shoulder much blame for that, I'm sure I berated him on occasion).

Alan 'face like a slapped cod' Harper

Gary 'ginger moron y'know' Megson

Nigel 'we're probably still paying for his kids to go to school' Clough

Adrian 'just adrian heath' Heath

CAN DO NO WRONG

Quinn

Uwe Rosler

Paul Lake

I used to think Michael Hughes was gonna be one the all time greats. He should never have taken that penalty against Everton.

Bert Trautman - unbelievable life story and if it's not made into a fantastic film, then someone really should be taken out and shot. What? Too soon? Ok sorry.

Colin Bell - cos my dad says so, and I've seen videos and stuff.

Chinny Onuoha

Sweep to a certain extent.

To Be Confirmed - Alan Johnson.

I find it hard to think of current players who I really hate, or love. Dunno why. Even the ones I go to the games to really watch, I know may well do-one at any moment given the right offer/situation. And I suppose we've got such a good squad at the moment, it's difficult to single anyone out as being absolutely shite. I realise many people find this very easy to do though!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:44 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:HATE FIGURES

Joey Barton - I used to absolutely love him, but he just throws it back in your face, several times, before cracking up and getting violent and beating the nearest man woman or child to within an inch of their lives. Again.

That's why I love him though. That radio interview he did for GMR straight after the Watford game where we drew to a team that had just been relegated was absolutely spot on!

"I can't help but say to the coaching staff and the manager, we need to buy quality players," he told BBC Radio Manchester.
"I can't get away from the fact we are buying stop-gaps; average players who have not really cut it at the highest level.
"We have tried to gamble by signing players who have almost been at the highest level but not quite been worldbeaters, so in my eyes they are average.
"So, we are bringing in average players on top money and they are not producing. There is no coincidence in the fact if you want top players you have to pay for them.
"We have to sign quality players, not ones who have scored six goals in six games in the Pontins League or in Belgium or somewhere like that."
"I don't run this football club," he said. "I am just fortunate enough to play for it.
"But it is no coincidence we are constantly underachieving because not everything in the background is geared to us succeeding.
"I don't know what goes on at boardroom level but something is wrong if we are buying players who are not good enough for this club.
"Watford are a mediocre side. They don't even attempt to play football and we should beat them. But we have drawn against them again and it is frustrating.
"We need to restart the fires here and get this club achieving.
"I would love nothing more than to win something for this football club but at the minute, we just seem to be praying we get the right players in during the summer.
"I have to be brutally honest, I wouldn't pay to watch us at home this season.
"If I was a City fan I would be umming and ahhing about whether to buy a season ticket next season.
"It is a lot of money for a season ticket at our place and they are not getting value for money."
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dronny » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Daniel Sturridge - I even hate his micey little evil face.

Us - for making Richard Edghill cry (though i can't shoulder much blame for that, I'm sure I berated him on occasion).

Alan 'face like a slapped cod' Harper

Gary 'ginger moron y'know' Megson

Nigel 'we're probably still paying for his kids to go to school' Clough

Adrian 'just adrian heath' Heath

CAN DO NO WRONG

Quinn

Uwe Rosler

Paul Lake

I used to think Michael Hughes was gonna be one the all time greats. He should never have taken that penalty against Everton.

Bert Trautman - unbelievable life story and if it's not made into a fantastic film, then someone really should be taken out and shot. What? Too soon? Ok sorry.

Colin Bell - cos my dad says so, and I've seen videos and stuff.

Chinny Onuoha

Sweep to a certain extent.

To Be Confirmed - Alan Johnson.

I find it hard to think of current players who I really hate, or love. Dunno why. Even the ones I go to the games to really watch, I know may well do-one at any moment given the right offer/situation. And I suppose we've got such a good squad at the moment, it's difficult to single anyone out as being absolutely shite. I realise many people find this very easy to do though!

Couldn't believe that I got to the last post before Uwe's bed clothes nailed the two cnuts that I detest most who've played in a blue shirt.

Can do no wrong for me.......Hughesie, natch :-)
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

MaseCTID wrote:

That's why I love him though. That radio interview he did for GMR straight after the Watford game where we drew to a team that had just been relegated was absolutely spot on!

I remember the interview and had to agree with what he said. If only that was the least professional thing he did though.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 pm

And in stark contrast to Joseph Barton, I stupidly forgot to mention someone I used to loath, but now have nothing but respect for - Craig Bellamy.

Mint player. Great attitude. And does a lot of good work for charidy. Come on Bellers, three games left, work yourself into a frenzy lad!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Grob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:44 pm

I hated Corradi and Gareth Taylor

Isaksson was one who could do no wrong for me. Cracking keeper, shame about the injurys.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:53 pm

King Kev wrote:
roadkill2487 wrote:Andreas Isaksson.. is he still at the club?
Ha ha, I can't believe so many people thought he was a decent 'keeper, absolute dog-shit of a player!

In case you hadn't guessed, he was one of my 'hate' figures.

He was also the tallest player in the prem even taller than the robot boy lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Hate figure- Carlo Nash

Can do no wrong- Danny Tiatto.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum