Mancini & O'Neill on SSN Just Now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini & O'Neill on SSN Just Now

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

That question again (from OS) but O'Neill's take is new.
[youtube]_mDMO5qVqos[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Mancini & O'Neill on SSN Just Now

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:16 pm

No offence mate but what was new about O'Neill's take on things?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

It isnt a new take..

here is what he said even before the season started:

But, far from expressing bitterness at the shift in power, the Northern Irishman has revealed his excitement at events in Manchester, and believes Hughes' men should now be placed alongside city rivals United, Liverpool and Chelsea as genuine title challengers.

"This Manchester City side is going to be so, so strong that they can withstand anything," O'Neill said.

"City might not be favourites to win the league but they should be. If Toure comes - and they still haven't stopped spending - they have as good a chance as anyone of winning it.

"This situation at City reminds me of Chelsea about five years ago - you can have great success if you can accumulate a group of top-quality players over a short period of time.

"There's part of me that's actually quite excited to see how they will do. It's as if the Premier League has been reinvented."

O'Neill does, however, admit that his attempts to break into the top four are likely to be rendered unsuccessful by City's splurge.

"I'm deflated by it," he added.

"You think, 'Well, you got quite close last year and suddenly another club has just stepped over you'. It kind of punctures you. I'm sure if you asked David Moyes at Everton he would think the same.

"I would say the top four has become a genuine top five. They're even seemingly putting it beyond the sides who would be competing within the top four."

Is he looking for the job?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:It isnt a new take..

But, far from expressing bitterness at the shift in power, the Northern Irishman has revealed his excitement at events in Manchester, and believes Hughes' men should now be placed alongside city rivals U***d, Liverpool and Chelsea as genuine title challengers.

"This Manchester City side is going to be so, so strong that they can withstand anything," O'Neill said.

"City might not be favourites to win the league but they should be. If Toure comes - and they still haven't stopped spending - they have as good a chance as anyone of winning it.

"This situation at City reminds me of Chelsea about five years ago - you can have great success if you can accumulate a group of top-quality players over a short period of time.

"There's part of me that's actually quite excited to see how they will do. It's as if the Premier League has been reinvented."

O'Neill does, however, admit that his attempts to break into the top four are likely to be rendered unsuccessful by City's splurge.

"You think, 'Well, you got quite close last year and suddenly another club has just stepped over you'. It kind of punctures you. I'm sure if you asked David Moyes at Everton he would think the same.

"I would say the top four has become a genuine top five. They're even seemingly putting it beyond the sides who would be competing within the top four."

ex-player and really REALLY old quote.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:No offence mate but what was new about O'Neill's take on things?

the stuff about us not buying squad players, only top end, but it may have been new only to me, oh well
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Slim wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:It isnt a new take..

But, far from expressing bitterness at the shift in power, the Northern Irishman has revealed his excitement at events in Manchester, and believes Hughes' men should now be placed alongside city rivals U***d, Liverpool and Chelsea as genuine title challengers.

ex-player and really REALLY old quote.

Oh REALLY?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Slim wrote:ex-player and really REALLY old quote.

Oh REALLY?

no.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:25 am

Svensational wrote:I do like Martin O'Neill

But after reading this...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 99,00.html

FUCK OFF! Twitchy didnt have a problem so neither should you!

O'Neill=moaning soft arse clunt

..Martin O'Neill has been left less than impressed after Manchester City were allowed to bring in Marton Fulop on an emergency loan deal.

The Eastlands outfit were given permission by the Premier League to bolster their ranks for the closing games of the season after Shay Given suffered a dislocated shoulder in the 0-0 draw at Arsenal.

With No.2 Stuart Taylor also short of fitness and Joe Hart on a season-long loan deal with Birmingham, that left Roberto Mancini with only Faroe Islands shot-stopper Gunnar Nielsen.

Fulop has been allowed to join City from Sunderland where he was down the pecking order under Steve Bruce and is expected to feature in the crucial clash with Villa at Eastlands on Saturday.

The two clubs are battling it out for the crucial fourth place in the table, which would secure UEFA Champions League football for next season, and O'Neill feels their rivals should not have been allowed to bring in cover.

"I can't do anything about it," said O'Neill. "The Premier League have made the decision.

Sour
"It would be hard to imagine Fulop being described as a third-choice goalkeeper. City already have a goalkeeper who is an international.

"But the decision has been made and the words grapes and sour could come into it."

Mancini has admitted his first choice would have been to bring back Hart, only for Birmingham to reject their request.

And O'Neill, who saw his side snatch a crucial 1-0 victory over the Blues last weekend, feels that would have made a mockery of the loan system.

He added: "Joe Hart as far as I know was given a full season there.

"Effectively he isn't a Manchester City player. He didn't look like a Man City player on Sunday."
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 am

Blue2 wrote:Mancini has admitted his first choice would have been to bring back Hart, only for Birmingham to reject their request.

It's this sort of journalistic bullshit that annoys me, it's been factually documented that Birmingham and City were in agreement over a £2M compensation package for Hart to come back and it was the FA that squashed the move.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum