Mancini sets the record straight?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini sets the record straight?

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:23 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Carlos Tevez can quit Manchester City...at the double! Roberto Mancini hits out at star

By Chris Wheeler Last updated at 9:58 PM on 29th April 2010

Roberto Mancini has cast doubt over Carlos Tevez's future by telling the striker to find a new club if he isn't happy at Manchester City.

In an exclusive interview with Sportsmail earlier this month, Tevez criticised City for sacking Mark Hughes and complained about Mancini putting his players through double training sessions.

It has since emerged that the Argentina forward will consider his options in the summer if City fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Mancini confirmed yesterday that he had spoken to Tevez about his comments, and made it clear that he does not want to keep unhappy players at the club.

He said: 'For Tevez, for all players, if he is not happy to stay here it's better he goes to another team. 'It's better for Tevez, for Manu Adebayor, for me, for all. It's important that when a manager and players work in a team that they must be happy. It's not good for the club, for the squad, for the player, if he is not.
Argentinean ace: but Tevez could leave City in the summer

Argentinean ace: but Tevez could leave City in the summer

'Tevez has four years left on his contract. But I don't know. If he's not happy, it's better to change squads.'

Tevez has scored 28 goals for City this season, but he spent nearly two weeks at home in Argentina in February following problems over the birth of his second child and is believed to have grown increasingly disillusioned with life under Mancini.

The City boss could look to replace Tevez with Mario Balotelli, who has fallen out of favour at Inter Milan.

Tevez, 26, also told Sportsmail that Mancini has not improved him as a player since he took over from Hughes in December, and complained about having to train twice in the same day, but yesterday the manager was determined to put the record straight.

He said: 'We have trained twice in the same day only four times in five months. Two of those times Carlos was in Argentina, one time he didn't train. I don't know why he was unhappy.

'When we don't have a midweek game I always train two t imes on Tuesday because it's the only way I know. By working we can improve, but we won' t improve if we work two days and have one day off.

'I've spoken to Carlos but what we said is private. I reminded him that he has only once had to train twice in a day. 'When I speak to a player I don't need an apology. I've played football, I know players very well and I know this situation. I think he's happy because he's worked very well the last two weeks.

'I hope Carlos can score three or four goals in the next three games, and afterwards we can decide if he has a problem.'

Asked if a player like Tevez needs to be playing in the Champions League, amid speculation that the former Manchester United striker could press for a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona if City fail to win the race for fourth place in the Premier League, Mancini added: 'Probably - all the players want to play in the Champions League.

'But when you work with the manager or the club to build something, the important thing is that you win with a club that has not won anything for a long time.

'This is more important than winning with Real Madrid and Barcelona, who win every year. I prefer to win with Manchester City than Real Madrid, because there the manager and players are always winning. Changing the history of this club is another thing.'

City goalkeeper Shay Given could miss the start of next season after having major surgery to repair the shoulder he dislocated at Arsenal. The Republic of Ireland No 1 had a three-hour operation in London on Wednesday.

I am in two minds about this. On the one hand I am glad he is taking a strong stance even on the best player at the club. On the other hand I think this should not be dealt with in public at all...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: Mancini sets the record straight?

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Good stuff. Mancini is the boss. Good to see him taking a firm stance. If you're going to bitch and moan about having to kick a ball around for an extra few hours when you're being pain 120,000+ quid a week, you can go fuck yourself as far as i'm concerned no matter how many goals you've scored.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 pm

im glad he has come out and said this. tevez's comments were fucking disrespectful. the lot of them need to grow up and get behined him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 pm

-edit-
Last edited by Slim on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 pm

And how ridiculous is it that Tevez actually only had to train twice a day ONCE?

What the fuck is wrong with Tevez to come up with this shit? I have a really bad feeling that Tevez was really used by Kia here to say this crap.
avoidconfusion

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:38 pm

The comments and direct quotes from Tevez before the derby were stupid.

If you are going to bitch in public about the club, the owners and the manager then expect to get slapped in public.

I also half suspect Kia was behind the interview but still no excuse.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 pm

BobKowalski wrote:The comments and direct quotes from Tevez before the derby were stupid.

If you are going to bitch in public about the club, the owners and the manager then expect to get slapped in public.

I also half suspect Kia was behind the interview but still no excuse.

I agree. The last VP of our company (he left now) was a huge United Fan (Season Ticket holder for over 30 years now) and probably the only United Fan I ever met who was actually a really really nice guy, had a company box at Old Trafford for Customers/Partners of our company and all that. And when we signed Tevez he said to me that Kia Joorabchian is a scumbag and that he is trouble.... I think I understand what he meant now.
avoidconfusion

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Oh fuck and bollocks - just what we do not need - now or for next season
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 pm

To be honest Im not so fucking surprised.........Tevez body language when coming off the pitch and goes past Mancini...theres no love lost there is there????? It,s plain he doesnt like him.

If we wernt so fucking wedged up Id be pissed off but as we have zillions we can just go out and buy another Tevez.

simples.

BTW - Hats off for Mancini being a ball breaker...we dont need a wimp in charge of these overpaid players.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:50 pm

It's funny how another article comes out just before we play one of the biggest games of the season.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Kudos Bobby Manc.

The club is bigger than the players always. End of.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Terrific, just what we need before saturday.

One of them is gone in the summer then for sure.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Terrific, just what we need before saturday.

One of them is gone in the summer then for sure.

Something tells me if one of them goes it won't be Mancini.

I think Tevez - if he is clever - will do two things... one, keep his head down in the future and shut up... and two, distance himself from Kia Joorabchian.
avoidconfusion

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 pm

While I prefer not to condemn players, he should know by now if he wants to cause trouble, Galatasaray is his next stop.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Well done Mancini.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Well done Mancini is about right. It's a bit worrying that it has got to this and at this stage of the season but he clearly felt the need for a strong statement.I may be wrong but it also seems like a strong statement to suggest Mancini will be the manager next year.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:10 pm

The problem as I see it was always bound to happen... we are not quite there yet as a club, we haven't won silverware yet, we still have quite a long way to go...

Now... players like Tevez and probably Adebayor... basically the players who were brought in for tons of dosh and are on 130k - 150k a week now probably believe that our club should be thankful they are here at City... and I suppose to some extent they are right.

But I firmly believe that there has to be a line... otherwise they will think they can do whatever they want to do. I suppose it is a bit like it is with kids... they need have set boundaries otherwise they will turn into spoiled prats.

Mancini, I believe, will do the right thing. I doubt he will let ANY player, whether that is Tevez or whether that is young Alex Nimley, mouth off like this without consequences. He will make it absolutely clear that he is the boss, and I also think that should Cook or Marwood or anyone else from the top try to undermine this authority he might actually walk.

And the club (Cook/Marwood etc.) should really think twice about doing anything that would undermine Mancini because it will send the wrong signal.

It would prove to players like Tevez that whenever they don't like something (although in this case it is not even clear what Tevez does not like because he hasn't even participated on 3 of the 4 double sessions) they can just mouth off about it in the press and eventually they get their own way (e.g. the manager is sacked or walks).

What has to happen, as I said, is that the players need to know that although the club is grateful that they are here to help the club achieve its goals, ultimately they are not bigger than the club or bigger than the manager, and they need to know their place.
avoidconfusion

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Great stuff from Mancini.. I love Tevez at the club and he' s doin a great job, but he needs to stop fookin about and just keep his mouth shut.. If he ent happy at City or starts actin like he is bigger than the club - he can start walkin.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Well done Mancini is about right. It's a bit worrying that it has got to this and at this stage of the season but he clearly felt the need for a strong statement.I may be wrong but it also seems like a strong statement to suggest Mancini will be the manager next year.

Agree Doug - in this situation, whoever the player is, you have to back the manager.

Mancini is in the right, and within his right. If Tevez starts pulling a sulk on saturday, then sub him which I am sure Mancini will do.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Well done Mancini is about right. It's a bit worrying that it has got to this and at this stage of the season but he clearly felt the need for a strong statement.I may be wrong but it also seems like a strong statement to suggest Mancini will be the manager next year.

Agree Doug - in this situation, whoever the player is, you have to back the manager.

Mancini is in the right, and within his right. If Tevez starts pulling a sulk on saturday, then sub him which I am sure Mancini will do.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment. What makes you think that Mancini might start Teves, if he's being a pain in the Arse ?

( I mean, based on form you must start Teves, but if he's rocking the boat why not send a signal to the squad about 'working together' ? ).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum