Mancini sets the record straight?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini sets the record straight?

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Mancini is also saying that he does not think that Tevez is unhappy and it does not sound to me like he actually has or had a problem with him. So why should Tevez not start?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:It would prove to players like Tevez that whenever they don't like something (although in this case it is not even clear what Tevez does not like because he hasn't even participated on 3 of the 4 double sessions)

Actually this still puzzles the hell out of me. If you are going to bitch about something then at least make it about something credible.

And since when have fans ever in the history of football shook their heads in sympathy and muttered 'poor lambs' when reading over their morning cornflakes about football players having to work a bit harder?

I'll accept maybe the lad is a bit thick but for crying out loud...
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 pm

It wasn't the best idea for Tevez to do an interview last week but he never directly criticised Mancini, just said he doesn't know why they train twice a day & said it's up tp the manager & that he's ok with it.

For the manager to reply a week later, also in public, is fucking bizarre imo. This, allied to him saying it's not a failure to finish 5th & he doesn't know if he'll still be here next season, well I find it absolutely fucking stupid. Benitez Mk2.

Why not just sort it out in 10 days? He can fire whoever he wants then if he stays in the job. I really hope this gamble pays off & the players respond & don't decide to get him sacked by not quite trying so hard. Usually these days it's the players who win in thse kind of situations. Ask Scolari. Absolute madness.

I was going to say; I wonder what posessed him to go public with that but I think it must have been the spirit of Alan Ball.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bear60 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Kudos Bobby Manc.

The club is bigger than the players always. End of.

This 100%
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Fish111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 am

Teach the little fucker a lesson. As soon as we land 4th spot, sell him to Liverpool.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby guv111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:29 am

Players come and go, and if they can't conduct themselves with dignity and support the club paying their huge wages, then bye bye. With or without Tevez, we have a bright future. There are only a handful - maybe only two - clubs who could offer Tevez guaranteed success, and they might not even want him. If he wants to piss his career away because he is too pig-headed and/or too thick to keep his mouth shut, then that's his prerogative. City fans shouldn't lose any sleep.

Edit: I'm wondering if Mancini coming out and saying this now is because Tevez is already on his way. Usually, once things have been sorted behind the scenes everyone moves on. Mancini's public statements seem to hint that he is staying and he is confident of his strong position at Eastlands.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:46 am

guv111 wrote:Players come and go, and if they can't conduct themselves with dignity and support the club paying their huge wages, then bye bye. With or without Tevez, we have a bright future. There are only a handful - maybe only two - clubs who could offer Tevez guaranteed success, and they might not even want him. If he wants to piss his career away because he is too pig-headed and/or too thick to keep his mouth shut, then that's his prerogative. City fans shouldn't lose any sleep.

Edit: I'm wondering if Mancini coming out and saying this now is because Tevez is already on his way. Usually, once things have been sorted behind the scenes everyone moves on. Mancini's public statements seem to hint that he is staying and he is confident of his strong position at Eastlands.

Tevez will be on the pitch tomorrow even if he's dropped. Why? Because they've announced on the OS that he's receiving his 3rd successive player of the month award.

What a fucking brilliant time to pick a fight with him in public.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:Players come and go, and if they can't conduct themselves with dignity and support the club paying their huge wages, then bye bye. With or without Tevez, we have a bright future. There are only a handful - maybe only two - clubs who could offer Tevez guaranteed success, and they might not even want him. If he wants to piss his career away because he is too pig-headed and/or too thick to keep his mouth shut, then that's his prerogative. City fans shouldn't lose any sleep.

Tevez will be on the pitch tomorrow even if he's dropped. Why? Because they've announced on the OS that he's receiving his 3rd successive player of the month award.

Let's face it, both Tevez and Mancini are in the wrong. But if we win tomorrow then much of the negative speculation won't matter nearly as much. If we win the two games after that as well - it won't matter at all.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 am

guv111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Let's face it, both Tevez and Mancini are in the wrong. But if we win tomorrow then much of the negative speculation won't matter nearly as much. If we win the two games after that as well - it won't matter at all.

True of course but I don't see this is helping at all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am

A guy who works for the press and was at the conference posted this:

Already today there are several posts talking about what has been written about City in today's nationals.

Some of these talk of rifts between Tevez, Mancini and others. Some talk off players being told they can leave and so on.

I feel compelled to write this post in the hope that some sense is shown. Please ignore the reports. If we comment specifically on them and keep threads going then we'll be adding fuel to their stories.

I was going to post these comments on the more negative posts about Tevez & Mancini but, to be frank I don't want to give any more fuel to those sensational stories.

I attended the press conference yesterday and saw how the media questioned Mancini. Mancini was professional, calm, organised. He was impressive. Some journalists did not get the amount of material from him they would like (I have some sympathy with local media on that), but there were clearly different aspects to the press conference.

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and United), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

It was all like that. He never said that he would be happy for Tevez to leave or that Tevez will leave, what he actually said was about ambition. And surely every player should have ambition to play in the Champions league?

I came away from the press conference thinking that Mancini is undoubtedly the right man for the job, but was of the opinion that the press wanted to catch him out. They wanted to create headlines.

So, please ignore anything that's written that talks about rifts, players leaving, negativity and so on. That's journalists doing what they need to do to sell papers.

After the press conference I saw some of the players and Mancini working with them. It was all good natured and positive. They were working together and I came away thinking that we are in a great position and that we stand a real chance of winning the next 3 games.

Ignore the negative media spin and focus on what actually is said.

Dear me, sounds like the media were indeed just twisting what was actually said.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:10 am

avoidconfusion wrote:A guy who works for the press and was at the conference posted this:

Already today there are several posts talking about what has been written about City in today's nationals.

Some of these talk of rifts between Tevez, Mancini and others. Some talk off players being told they can leave and so on.

I feel compelled to write this post in the hope that some sense is shown. Please ignore the reports. If we comment specifically on them and keep threads going then we'll be adding fuel to their stories.

I was going to post these comments on the more negative posts about Tevez & Mancini but, to be frank I don't want to give any more fuel to those sensational stories.

I attended the press conference yesterday and saw how the media questioned Mancini. Mancini was professional, calm, organised. He was impressive. Some journalists did not get the amount of material from him they would like (I have some sympathy with local media on that), but there were clearly different aspects to the press conference.

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and U***d), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

It was all like that. He never said that he would be happy for Tevez to leave or that Tevez will leave, what he actually said was about ambition. And surely every player should have ambition to play in the Champions league?

I came away from the press conference thinking that Mancini is undoubtedly the right man for the job, but was of the opinion that the press wanted to catch him out. They wanted to create headlines.

So, please ignore anything that's written that talks about rifts, players leaving, negativity and so on. That's journalists doing what they need to do to sell papers.

After the press conference I saw some of the players and Mancini working with them. It was all good natured and positive. They were working together and I came away thinking that we are in a great position and that we stand a real chance of winning the next 3 games.

Dear me, sounds like the media were indeed just twisting what was actually said.

they've got exact quotes of what he said so he's probably repeated it in another interview which is even worse.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 am

avoidconfusion wrote:A guy who works for the press and was at the conference posted this:

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and U***d), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

That's quite a relief to read that.

It seems they went fishing and I among many others bited. It's just shit that you can't even trust so called reliable media, like The Guardian, anymore either regarding football.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 am

I initially only skimmed this post and sort of dismissed it.

But after rereading it maybe we are overreacting a tad.

Mind you if they are trying to catch out Mancini - and they do ask every 5 fucking minutes about him leaving - running a story about Manicini slapping down a player for bitching about the training being too hard is an epic fail because, Ted aside, most fans will back the manager.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:19 am

Slim wrote:While I prefer not to condemn players, he should know by now if he wants to cause trouble, Galatasaray is his next stop.

Yeh right.

Huge difference between Tevez and those two jokers at Gala.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

That's quite a relief to read that.

It seems they went fishing and I among many others bited. It's just shit that you can't even trust so called reliable media, like The Guardian, anymore either regarding football.

That's not what he said mate.

He did refer to him being happy but only after saying he can go if he's not. The quotes in that post are less factual than the article. Here are the actual quotes;

He said: 'For Tevez, for all players, if he is not happy to stay here it's better he goes to another team. 'It's better for Tevez, for Manu Adebayor, for me, for all. It's important that when a manager and players work in a team that they must be happy. It's not good for the club, for the squad, for the player, if he is not.

'Tevez has four years left on his contract. But I don't know. If he's not happy, it's better to change squads.'

He said: 'We have trained twice in the same day only four times in five months. Two of those times Carlos was in Argentina, one time he didn't train. I don't know why he was unhappy.

'When we don't have a midweek game I always train two times on Tuesday because it's the only way I know. By working we can improve, but we won' t improve if we work two days and have one day off.
'I've spoken to Carlos but what we said is private. I reminded him that he has only once had to train twice in a day. 'When I speak to a player I don't need an apology. I've played football, I know players very well and I know this situation. I think he's happy because he's worked very well the last two weeks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:06 am

zuricity wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Well done Mancini is about right. It's a bit worrying that it has got to this and at this stage of the season but he clearly felt the need for a strong statement.I may be wrong but it also seems like a strong statement to suggest Mancini will be the manager next year.

Agree Doug - in this situation, whoever the player is, you have to back the manager.

Mancini is in the right, and within his right. If Tevez starts pulling a sulk on saturday, then sub him which I am sure Mancini will do.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment. What makes you think that Mancini might start Teves, if he's being a pain in the Arse ?

( I mean, based on form you must start Teves, but if he's rocking the boat why not send a signal to the squad about 'working together' ? ).

Based on his form against the Rags and the Arse, I would not start him. I wonder if his bad performance is linked to what Mancini told him in private (which is quite clear now) after his stupid interview.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 am

I would believe what Gary james has said on this matter implicitly....and take his advice.

I assume that most know who Gary james is but for those who don't, his City credentials are beyond reproach. he is 1st and foremost a genuine City supporter of the highest order, who care deeply about the welfare of the club, the ultimate City historian and author of many City books and articles. He is just about as ITK as ITK gets. One thing for certain is that he is not just some guy who works for the press and was at the meeting.

If this guy says the reports in the media are shit and shouldn't be given any credence whatsoever...I believe him.
If we feel any agner about this, it should be targetted fairly and squarely in one direction only...the press.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 pm

john68 wrote:I would believe what Gary james has said on this matter implicitly....and take his advice.

I assume that most know who Gary james is but for those who don't, his City credentials are beyond reproach. he is 1st and foremost a genuine City supporter of the highest order, who care deeply about the welfare of the club, the ultimate City historian and author of many City books and articles. He is just about as ITK as ITK gets. One thing for certain is that he is not just some guy who works for the press and was at the meeting.

If this guy says the reports in the media are shit and shouldn't be given any credence whatsoever...I believe him.
If we feel any agner about this, it should be targetted fairly and squarely in one direction only...the press.

I'm not happy with the pair of them mate & wheras I fully believe that the press asked leading questions to Mancini to get him to give those answers, he DID give those answers, imo showing great stupidity. I have no doubut that Tevez was also asked leading questions to get him to say those things about Mancini which is an even bigger reason not to bring back something which was probably a stitch up by the press in the 1st place, two weeks later. At best they've run rings round him, (Mancini), at worst he's choosing to make the point, which I recon he is, looking at the tv interview.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:39 pm

john68 wrote:I would believe what Gary james has said on this matter implicitly....and take his advice.

I dont doubt this Gary James' integrity, however imagine my surprise to turn the telly over about half an hour ago, only to SEE with my own eyes, and HEAR with my own ears Mancini say, and I quote "maybe its better he finds another squad".

Am I missing something here? That seems like pretty damning evidence to me.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:41 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

I dont doubt this Gary James' integrity, however imagine my surprise to turn the telly over about half an hour ago, only to SEE with my own eyes, and HEAR with my own ears Mancini say, and I quote "maybe its better he finds another squad".

Am I missing something here? That seems like pretty damning evidence to me.

& it's being shown every 30 mins.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum