Roberto Mancini tells Carlos Tevez to shape up or ship out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Roberto Mancini tells Carlos Tevez to shape up or ship out

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 am

Slim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:Oh.. double trainin once a week and a 2 hour session the day after..My heart fookin bleeds..

exactly what I said earlier when these rumours surfaced. So maybe once a month they have to postpone fucking PS3 session for bit of extra work that is basically there to improve them. How outrageous. I put extra hours on weekly basis on my work and tevez earns in a week what I earn in three years.

Tevez is super top player no question about it and it'd be really bummed to see him go but it's a team game and for better or for worse there's only one man in football club who makes these decisions.

Don't you find it the least bid odd that the most team orientated player on the pitch is apparently the most selfish player off it? Something isn't quite right here.

Yeah mate. I've been scratching my head about it. But then there's the apparent willingness to go to Boca, the way he has been harping on about united and everything else, so I'm not sure whether he is just bit on the thick side.

Then again, lot of people change dramatically whenever they get on to football pitch. Despite the way I come through here, in real life I'm fairly soft spoken and nice feller (or at least try to be) and wouldn't harm a fly but when I get on a football pitch I turn into horrible, violent and nasty cunt. It's always been like that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:38 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Any player who causes shit at the club can fuck off imo but Tevez did the interview 2 weeks ago & he made the point that Mancini is the manager & he decides what they do & said he was ok with it . If he's lying & willing to cause trouble he can go.

BUT..

Why the fuck has the manager chosen to dig it all back up in public now, TWO WEEKS LATER? Why has he waited until our most important games of the season to tell the press his thoughts? Why didn't he deal with it earlier if he can't avoid talking to the press? Why is he talking about Tevez leaving when Tevez didn't say any such thing in his interview? Why is he telling the press anything at all? Why couldn't it wait until after the West Ham game? How does it help us? Does it help our enemies, if so, why is he helping them? Do the rest of the players agree with him? Will it effect them? Is he so hopeless at motivating the players & so scared they won't perform that this is the only way he can do it, gambling that it will get a positive response? If he's not doing it to motivate the players then WHY is he doing it? What has Manchester City Football Club gained from their manager bringing this out in public at this time?

This was in an interview in the Daily Mail in the week preceding the Manchester derby, when Tevez had been specifically asked not to speak to the media. He went on to say he was "OK" with Mancini but the former Internazionale coach felt his authority had been undermined by a player he has repeatedly talked up as being one of the best in the world.

At the time Mancini said he did not want to take issue with the former U***d striker before such an important game. The timing is still bad from a City perspective, with important games coming up against Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur in the next few days, but Mancini was willing to explain his irritation as he shaped up for the most critical phase of City's season.

He told him not to speak to the press, he did. He spoke to him privately about it but not in public. He spoke up again about moving if we don't get CL, I think Mancini thought Tevez was taking the piss and decided to address it. If he hadn't, who knows what he'd say next week.

The bloke who wrote the article is saying he was told not to speak to the press not Mancini. If that's what Mancini is angry about then why the fuck didn't he say so? It's hardly more controversial than telling Tevez he can go is it?

If Tevez gets it in his mind to say something, he'll say it. We've seen that from his time at OT when he directly contradicted Ferguson's version of events. So all that will happen now is that if Tevez does say something, rather than it just being a player whinging, it will be seen as a direct challenge to Mancini. How the fuck is that better at this stage? Tevez is much more likely to pipe up now Mancini has questioned his intentions anyhow.

Why the fuck couldn't he just wait a week & then deal with it?

I've got serious doubts about this bloke.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby guv111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Why the fuck has the manager chosen to dig it all back up in public now, TWO WEEKS LATER?

I'm thinking it might be because Mancini is confident of his position and he is demonstrating to others that he's going nowhere. It also gives me the impression that Tevez is going. Why else dig up acrimony?
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 am

guv111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Why the fuck has the manager chosen to dig it all back up in public now, TWO WEEKS LATER?

I'm thinking it might be because Mancini is confident of his position and he is demonstrating to others that he's going nowhere. It also gives me the impression that Tevez is going. Why else dig up acrimony?

Why the fuck doesn't Cook just say so then, wouldn't that be a more sensible way of doing it?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 am

One of the points here is my pet hate, players allowed to constantly talk to press and say whatever they will. Likes of De Jong will just talk alot without saying anything and suppose there's not much harm in that but I'm old school in sense that I think there should be ONLY TWO PEOPLE giving any sort of statements, manager and captain. And manager chooses his captain so that he doesn't go say stupid things on the press.

IF Carlos Tevez isn't happy about training or tactics or fucking half time oranges he goes and knocks the managers door and talks to him. Or with captain. Certainly not through media. And the rules should be same to Carlos Tevez and trainees. It's a team game and in order for team to be happy there needs to be set of rules that EVERYONE obey. They don't need to agree with them, just obey. Regardless of how much money they make and how many goals they score.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby guv111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:

Why the fuck doesn't Cook just say so then, wouldn't that be a more sensible way of doing it?

Well, I could be completely wrong of course! Though political maneuvering is pretty frequent in football these days.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:52 am

guv111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:

Well, I could be completely wrong of course! Though political maneuvering is pretty frequent in football these days.

I honestly don't think this has anything to do with Mancini making the point he is staying. Probably more of making the point that no one is above the team.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:One of the points here is my pet hate, players allowed to constantly talk to press and say whatever they will. Likes of De Jong will just talk alot without saying anything and suppose there's not much harm in that but I'm old school in sense that I think there should be ONLY TWO PEOPLE giving any sort of statements, manager and captain. And manager chooses his captain so that he doesn't go say stupid things on the press.

IF Carlos Tevez isn't happy about training or tactics or fucking half time oranges he goes and knocks the managers door and talks to him. Or with captain. Certainly not through media. And the rules should be same to Carlos Tevez and trainees. It's a team game and in order for team to be happy there needs to be set of rules that EVERYONE obey. They don't need to agree with them, just obey. Regardless of how much money they make and how many goals they score.

It's like a timewarp. It was 2 weeks ago. Fucking dump him at the end of the season if it's an insurmountable problem, I don't care. I want to win the next 3 games, not have the manager stirring trouble that's died down. Digging up a newspaper article from two weeks ago is dubious to say the least.

People are saying this shows Mancini in a strong position but to me it shows the opposite & sounds like he's using Tevez as an excuse for in case we lose. I don't back players against the manager but I've got no respect for Mancini or his motives in this matter. It absolutely stinks imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:One of the points here is my pet hate, players allowed to constantly talk to press and say whatever they will. Likes of De Jong will just talk alot without saying anything and suppose there's not much harm in that but I'm old school in sense that I think there should be ONLY TWO PEOPLE giving any sort of statements, manager and captain. And manager chooses his captain so that he doesn't go say stupid things on the press.

It's like a timewarp. It was 2 weeks ago. Fucking dump him at the end of the season if it's an insurmountable problem, I don't care. I want to win the next 3 games, not have the manager stirring trouble that's died down. Digging up a newspaper article from two weeks ago is dubious to say the least.

People are saying this shows Mancini in a strong position but to me it shows the opposite & sounds like he's using Tevez as an excuse for in case we lose. I don't back players against the manager but I've got no respect for Mancini or his motives in this matter. It absolutely stinks imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from happy about this going on on the eve of absolutely MASSIVE game. And I'm fucking disgusted that they are communicating through media.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby guv111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 am

I honestly don't think this has anything to do with Mancini making the point he is staying. Probably more of making the point that no one is above the team.

That's my hope.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from happy about this going on on the eve of absolutely MASSIVE game. And I'm fucking disgusted that they are communicating through media.

If they're going to communicate through the media & Mancini needs the players to know he's boss, why doesn't Cook or Khaldoon just say so? They're either incompetent or they're still trying to get Mourinho to sign & it's causing this behaviour. I just hope the players rise above it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

If they're going to communicate through the media & Mancini needs the players to know he's boss, why doesn't Cook or Khaldoon just say so? They're either incompetent or they're still trying to get Mourinho to sign & it's causing this behaviour. I just hope the players rise above it.

Because I think Cook is bit of a snidy bugger. Probably very good at what he does but snidy nevertheless. Probably don't wat to be in media saying it in case something happens or they are indeed trying to get Mourinho. I think most of these executive marketing types are like that. I think it's needed in that line of work and no offence to any Marketing executives here but for a simple engineer like me, there's always something shady with these sort of people.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Because I think Cook is bit of a snidy bugger. Probably very good at what he does but snidy nevertheless. Probably don't wat to be in media saying it in case something happens or they are indeed trying to get Mourinho. I think most of these executive marketing types are like that. I think it's needed in that line of work and no offence to any Marketing executives here but for a simple engineer like me, there's always something shady with these sort of people.

It seems that no matter who runs the club, we're plagued with this sort of creepy background stuff at City. I can't remember it ever being any different.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues-clues » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 am

The management don't seem like a team to me, by which I mean Mancini, Cook and Khaldoon. When we first got taken over there were threats of legal action against papers that printed lies. Now there are no threats and no denials - the only consistent message that is getting through is that the team is not as coherent as it should be.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:08 am

blues-clues wrote:The management don't seem like a team to me, by which I mean Mancini, Cook and Khaldoon. When we first got taken over there were threats of legal action against papers that printed lies. Now there are no threats and no denials - the only consistent message that is getting through is that the team is not as coherent as it should be.

Cook and Khaldoon should have very little to do about actual footballing matters. And by appointing Marwood he has made sure that's the way it stays.

It's Marwood that seems like the weak link to me here. Cook is in charge of the operative side, Khaldoon is in charge of keeping the owners posted. It's Marwood who is supposed to report to these executive people what is going on in football side. I've said it before but it's him who seems like the weak link in the hierarchy. For me he has very little previous merit to hold such vacancy.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am

Already today there are several posts talking about what has been written about City in today's nationals.

Some of these talk of rifts between Tevez, Mancini and others. Some talk off players being told they can leave and so on.

I feel compelled to write this post in the hope that some sense is shown. Please ignore the reports. If we comment specifically on them and keep threads going then we'll be adding fuel to their stories.

I was going to post these comments on the more negative posts about Tevez & Mancini but, to be frank I don't want to give any more fuel to those sensational stories.

I attended the press conference yesterday and saw how the media questioned Mancini. Mancini was professional, calm, organised. He was impressive. Some journalists did not get the amount of material from him they would like (I have some sympathy with local media on that), but there were clearly different aspects to the press conference.

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and United), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

It was all like that. He never said that he would be happy for Tevez to leave or that Tevez will leave, what he actually said was about ambition. And surely every player should have ambition to play in the Champions league?

I came away from the press conference thinking that Mancini is undoubtedly the right man for the job, but was of the opinion that the press wanted to catch him out. They wanted to create headlines.

So, please ignore anything that's written that talks about rifts, players leaving, negativity and so on. That's journalists doing what they need to do to sell papers.

After the press conference I saw some of the players and Mancini working with them. It was all good natured and positive. They were working together and I came away thinking that we are in a great position and that we stand a real chance of winning the next 3 games.

Ignore the negative media spin and focus on what actually is said.

Post from Gary James on Bluemoon.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:15 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Already today there are several posts talking about what has been written about City in today's nationals.

Some of these talk of rifts between Tevez, Mancini and others. Some talk off players being told they can leave and so on.

I feel compelled to write this post in the hope that some sense is shown. Please ignore the reports. If we comment specifically on them and keep threads going then we'll be adding fuel to their stories.

I was going to post these comments on the more negative posts about Tevez & Mancini but, to be frank I don't want to give any more fuel to those sensational stories.

I attended the press conference yesterday and saw how the media questioned Mancini. Mancini was professional, calm, organised. He was impressive. Some journalists did not get the amount of material from him they would like (I have some sympathy with local media on that), but there were clearly different aspects to the press conference.

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and U***d), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

It was all like that. He never said that he would be happy for Tevez to leave or that Tevez will leave, what he actually said was about ambition. And surely every player should have ambition to play in the Champions league?

I came away from the press conference thinking that Mancini is undoubtedly the right man for the job, but was of the opinion that the press wanted to catch him out. They wanted to create headlines.

So, please ignore anything that's written that talks about rifts, players leaving, negativity and so on. That's journalists doing what they need to do to sell papers.

After the press conference I saw some of the players and Mancini working with them. It was all good natured and positive. They were working together and I came away thinking that we are in a great position and that we stand a real chance of winning the next 3 games.

Like I said

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=32123&start=25#p142628

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:21 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and U***d), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

Like I said

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=32123&start=25#p142628

:)
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am

So that's that sorted then. Thank fucl.
On a more serious note, this sort of thing will only get much worse as City's media profile expands and if stuff like this is given credibitly by we fans, it can cause considerable damage by the way we react.

We must NOT trust anything published by the rag tops...even the day and date...and we certainly MUST not react to it. It is that reaction that the media wants and it is then that we weaken our club.

We have all been warned.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 am

john68 wrote:So that's that sorted then. Thank fucl.
On a more serious note, this sort of thing will only get much worse as City's media profile expands and if stuff like this is given credibitly by we fans, it can cause considerable damage by the way we react.

We must NOT trust anything published by the rag tops...even the day and date...and we certainly MUST not react to it. It is that reaction that the media wants and it is then that we weaken our club.

We have all been warned.

Noted.

It needed a post from a fan that was actually there to calm us down........thank fuck.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum