Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:00 am

Roberto Mancini tells Carlos Tevez to shape up or ship out of City
'If a top player is not happy then it's better to go'
• Further talks planned at the end of the season
Roberto Mancini's uneasy relationship with Carlos Tevez is threatening the player's future at Manchester City after the manager confirmed they had clashed behind the scenes. The Italian said the forward should leave the club if he is unhappy with his coaching methods.
Mancini confirmed he had summoned Tevez to his office to ask for an explanation about the player's recent criticisms of his training regime. The Italian told his leading scorer he would not tolerate any more of this, regardless of the fact that Tevez has scored 28 goals this season and is the overwhelming choice to be named City's player of the year. The two men shook hands at the end of a largely one-sided conversation and agreed to focus on City's remaining three games of the season but stories have emerged this week of the Argentinian considering his future.
Asked if he thought Tevez might be unhappy, Mancini replied: "I don't know. Tevez has four years left on his contract. But I don't know. If he's not happy, it would be better [for him] to change squads. If a top player is not happy to stay here, then it's better for him to go to another team."
Tevez upset Mancini by complaining about the manager's habit of arranging double training sessions. Mancini does this every Tuesday if there is no midweek game and Tevez said: "The players are not happy with this. We are at the end of a long season, we have big matches, we are tired, but there are still double training sessions, morning and afternoon. "
This was in an interview in the Daily Mail in the week preceding the Manchester derby, when Tevez had been specifically asked not to speak to the media. He went on to say he was "OK" with Mancini but the former Internazionale coach felt his authority had been undermined by a player he has repeatedly talked up as being one of the best in the world.
At the time Mancini said he did not want to take issue with the former United striker before such an important game. The timing is still bad from a City perspective, with important games coming up against Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur in the next few days, but Mancini was willing to explain his irritation as he shaped up for the most critical phase of City's season.
Mancini said today: "I've spoken to Tevez. What we said was private but I did remind him that there had been only one time when he had to train twice in a day.We have trained twice four times in the five months I have been here. On two of those times Carlos was in Argentina and one time he was here but didn't train. So I don't know why [he's unhappy]. When we don't have a midweek game I always train two times on Tuesday because it's the only way I know."
Mancini added: "It's important that when a manager or player works in a team, he must be happy. If he's not, it's not good for the club, for the squad, or for the player. This is not just for Tevez but for all the players; for Tevez, for Manu [Emmanuel Adebayor], for me, for everyone.
"I don't know if Carlos Tevez is unhappy. He must be content, though, because we have to play three important games. For the players it is a crucial moment. They must put everything they have on the pitch."
Tevez, whose English is still limited, did not offer an apology. "When I speak to a player, I don't need an apology," Mancini said. "I've played football, I know players very well and I know these situations. I think he's happy because he's worked very well the last two weeks. I hope Carlos can score three or four goals in the next three games and afterwards we can decide if he has a problem."
MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=32124

Manchester City are said to be one of four clubs fighting it out to sign Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United are tracking Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra, but Liverpool, who are also interested, could be put off by the Spanish team's £17m price tag. Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Borussia Dortmund have slapped a £20m price tag on Manchester United target Neven Subotic. Arsenal and Manchester City are also keeping tabs on the 21-year-old Serbia international centre-half. Daily Mail

Real Madrid are set to drop their interest in Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney with Valencia forward David Villa their preferred target. imscouting.com

Joe Hart's return to Manchester City could see Birmingham pursue a loan deal for Manchester United keeper Ben Foster. Daily Mail

Arsenal are battling it out with Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City and Liverpool for Blackburn defender Phil Jones. Daily Mail

Everton boss David Moyes is set to make a £1m bid for Genk's Belgium Under-21 midfielder Kevin de Bruyne.the Mirror

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce will make Paraguay international midfielder Cristian Riveros his first signing of the summer. the Mirror

Bruce is also lining up a £1.5m move for Derby midfielder Paul Green. the Mirror

Tottenham face competition from Atletico Madrid and Galatasaray for the signature of Bayern Munich's Turkey international midfielder Hamit Altintop, whose contract runs out at the end of the season. Daily Star

Wolves have joined Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland and Fulham in the race to sign AZ Alkmaar's £5m-rated forward Jeremain Lens. the Mail

Derby lead the race to sign Notts County keeper Kasper Schmeichel. the Mail

Stoke manager Tony Pulis looks set to axe "precious" strikers Tuncay and Dave Kitson following the 7-0 defeat by Chelsea on Sunday. the Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's future at Anfield is in further doubt after his side's semi-final Europa League exit to Atletico Madrid on Thursday. the Sun

Benitez has said that Liverpool need five new players if they are to be competitive next season. (the Guardian)

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi says Leonardo will quit as manager at the end of the Serie A season. the Sun

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said it has been "agony" watching the Champions League semi-finals on television. the Sun

Roy Keane says he has wiped Manchester United from his memory - despite the Ipswich manager's medal-filled years at Old Trafford. the Mirror

Birmingham City are set to offer manager Alex McLeish a new three-year deal. Daily Mail

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan is planning on introducing a wage cap at Upton Park for next season as he attempts to cull the club's £60m wage bill by a third. Daily Express

Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale will stand down from his role at the end of the season following a 49% buy-out of the Championship club. the Sun

Barcelona's World and European player of the year Lionel Messi has ruled out the possibility of ever playing in the Premier Leaguethe Mirror

Wayne Rooney stands to make £500,000 for one night's work in a Gladiators-style contest to unearth the world's most skilful footballer.the Mirror

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce said he used to call Sir Alex Ferguson "the Ayatollah" during his playing days at Old Trafford - but not to the Scot's face.the Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am

Joe Hart's return to Manchester City could see Birmingham pursue a loan deal for Manchester U***d keeper Ben Foster. Daily Mail

Haha fuck me that should see them down by the relegation zone!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Crossie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Messi is a pussy
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Return to The Maine Football forum