Post from Gary James

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Post from Gary James

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 am

On bluemoon

Already today there are several posts talking about what has been written about City in today's nationals.

Some of these talk of rifts between Tevez, Mancini and others. Some talk off players being told they can leave and so on.

I feel compelled to write this post in the hope that some sense is shown. Please ignore the reports. If we comment specifically on them and keep threads going then we'll be adding fuel to their stories.

I was going to post these comments on the more negative posts about Tevez & Mancini but, to be frank I don't want to give any more fuel to those sensational stories.

I attended the press conference yesterday and saw how the media questioned Mancini. Mancini was professional, calm, organised. He was impressive. Some journalists did not get the amount of material from him they would like (I have some sympathy with local media on that), but there were clearly different aspects to the press conference.

There was a different tone when the press conference moved on to the nationals. The majority of their questions were about other clubs (Inter Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea and United), but they also pushed one line about 'will you be sacked' and another on Tevez. The questions they asked went along the lines of: Tevez is unhappy with your training what do you think? The answer was always the right one, along the lines of "I have talked with him". "What did you say?" "It's private. He seems happy now". "Tevez has said he wants Champions League football, what's your view" "Every player should want Champions League football. That's the same for Tevez, Adebayor..."

It was all like that. He never said that he would be happy for Tevez to leave or that Tevez will leave, what he actually said was about ambition. And surely every player should have ambition to play in the Champions league?

I came away from the press conference thinking that Mancini is undoubtedly the right man for the job, but was of the opinion that the press wanted to catch him out. They wanted to create headlines.

So, please ignore anything that's written that talks about rifts, players leaving, negativity and so on. That's journalists doing what they need to do to sell papers.

After the press conference I saw some of the players and Mancini working with them. It was all good natured and positive. They were working together and I came away thinking that we are in a great position and that we stand a real chance of winning the next 3 games.

Ignore the negative media spin and focus on what actually is said.

Let's get on with one of the most important run ins in recent history lads and ignore this media spin.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Post from Gary James

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 am

Already done on topic about Mancini's outburst mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum