Don't worry says Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Don't worry says Toure

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Kolo Toure is urging his team-mates to relax and enjoy their football as the Blues enter arguably the most important fortnight in the club’s history.

With the pressure intensifying ahead of the weekend clash with Aston Villa, the City skipper believes his team need to play with a smile, retain their focus and be totally committed from start to finish.

Three wins will guarantee fourth place as things stand and the former Arsenal defender is adopting a refreshing approach to the Blues’ run-in.

“You know how the best way to cope with pressure like this? Just relax and enjoy the moment because it’s not every season that you have the opportunity to challenge for Champions League football,” said Toure.

“Football is such a wonderful job that you need to enjoy every minute and if there is pressure on you, just go out with a smile and be happy because I believe that will allow you to play your normal game and deliver the goods.

"We are in a fantastic position and it’s
up to us how we deal with it.
Ultimately, it comes down to how much
we really want to finish fourth"

“We begin against Aston Villa on Saturday and we have to make sure we give everything we’ve got - and I mean everything.

“I’ve been in this kind of situation many times during my career so the task ahead doesn’t faze me in the slightest and as a professional.

“It’s been a fascinating season and it is great for football that four clubs are challenging for one position going into the last fortnight of the campaign – we just need to make sure it’s us who are smiling on the final day.

“It proves that the Premier League is the best in the world and personally, there’s nothing more I love than a challenge because it brings out the best in me.”

Toure says he is also looking forward to welcoming back the skipper he effectively replaced – Richard Dunne - though as Stephen Ireland remarked earlier in the week, he’s hoping Dunney doesn’t play too well on his return!

“Richard was the captain when I first arrived at City and I played alongside him for the first two games of the season,” he said. “We didn’t concede a goal and I thought we played well together.

“For me, he is a top defender and he’s been outstanding for Aston Villa this season and I hope he continues to be successful with them, though not at our expense. In fact, I could live with him having an off-day on Saturday!”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Don't worry says Toure

Postby Fish111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Relax and enjoy the moment??? I've been shitting myself for the last month, my stomachs been in bits and i just cannot relax. I want to go to sleep and wake up when we have clinched 4th, i cannot take pressure like this!!
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Fish111 wrote:Relax and enjoy the moment??? I've been shitting myself for the last month, my stomachs been in bits and i just cannot relax. I want to go to sleep and wake up when we have clinched 4th, i cannot take pressure like this!!

I was thinking the same when reading this lol.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:41 pm

What ther hell are you two gonna be like next season then?

You'll need to be sedated before three cup finals and probably miss us winning the League too...
I can't wait for it...not worried, just think it is a tad exciting.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Relax and enjoy the moment??? I've been shitting myself for the last month, my stomachs been in bits and i just cannot relax. I want to go to sleep and wake up when we have clinched 4th, i cannot take pressure like this!!

Though I understand, I can't agree with you two, I'm afraid. This is what I have been waiting for for thirty-odd years. If I can't enjoy this, I must be soft in the head. It's going to be fantastic. City challenging for entry to the top club competiton in Europe, if not the world. What is there not to enjoy?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

Though I understand, I can't agree with you two, I'm afraid. This is what I have been waiting for for thirty-odd years. If I can't enjoy this, I must be soft in the head. It's going to be fantastic. City challenging for entry to the top club competiton in Europe, if not the world. What is there not to enjoy?

Typical City mate lol it's still not dead and it's gonna be in the back of your head all game tomorrow. Especially with Dunney in the other team.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:56 pm

im officially giving up Typical City.. football is football and thats enough of a unpredictable unkown to have bouncing around.. like a football.

No im going to sit back and enjoy watching the best team in the Prem work their balls off to play better than they have all season and grab an opener. Then im going to try and predict how many more Villa will be able to limit us to and sit even further back and just enjoy the fun.

I dont even care who scores first to be brutally honest.. because mayhem will ensue after a goal and City will come out on top
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Kladze » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:32 pm

brite blu sky wrote:im officially giving up Typical City.. football is football and thats enough of a unpredictable unkown to have bouncing around.. like a football.

No im going to sit back and enjoy watching the best team in the Prem work their balls off to play better than they have all season and grab an opener. Then im going to try and predict how many more Villa will be able to limit us to and sit even further back and just enjoy the fun.

I dont even care who scores first to be brutally honest.. because mayhem will ensue after a goal and City will come out on top

An early goal for either side should certainly raise the temperature one way or another.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:58 pm

"We are in a fantastic position and it’s
up to us how we deal with it.
Ultimately, it comes down to how much
we really want to finish fourth"

And I'm going to hold you to this Kolo and put a bit of pressure on. If you lot don't or can't be arsed coming up with the goods, you're gonna have 45,000 blues who want to kick your fucking head in!!!

Get It!!!

PS. Love ya man!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum