if you are the

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

if you are the

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:54 pm

19,643 person to come through the gates against villa, you will win the trip for been the 1000000 person to come to coms this season. so at what time will that happen. i think that most of us get into the ground at 15 mins b4 kick off, so at what time will be the 1000000 person will enter the ground, im going in at 2-36 so lets hope its the right time.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: if you are the

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:57 pm

ha ha.. everyone is going to be waiting outside for the ones who haven't heard about this to go in and then all make a mad rush when they rekon its about right...

someone please vid this could be class..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:00 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:19,643 person to come through the gates against villa, you will win the trip for been the 1000000 person to come to coms this season. so at what time will that happen. i think that most of us get into the ground at 15 mins b4 kick off, so at what time will be the 1000000 person will enter the ground, im going in at 2-36 so lets hope its the right time.

I just hope it is not an away fan.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:02 pm

I'll be going in when my mate gets the beers in, no more, no less.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Knowing our luck, it'll be a fucking villa fan.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby spiv » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:08 pm

I'll probably be around the 47,000 mark.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:09 pm

What if you don't want to go?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:17 pm

With 26 gates, which have 2 entrances each, eg 52 entrances with many people going through simultaneously, I am going to stake my life on it being pretty much impossible to track the 1 millionth person into the ground, unless the designer of the ticketing systems back in 2000 knew we were going to have this competition 10 years down the line and thus programmed into the system that it times and records entry by the 000'th of a second.

So, everyone has an equal chance of winning it, as I think they are just going to make a winner up as a best guess.

Good luck everyone
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:19,643 person to come through the gates against villa, you will win the trip for been the 1000000 person to come to coms this season. so at what time will that happen. i think that most of us get into the ground at 15 mins b4 kick off, so at what time will be the 1000000 person will enter the ground, im going in at 2-36 so lets hope its the right time.

I don't have a passport :(
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:54 pm

johnpb78 wrote:With 26 gates, which have 2 entrances each, eg 52 entrances with many people going through simultaneously, I am going to stake my life on it being pretty much impossible to track the 1 millionth person into the ground, unless the designer of the ticketing systems back in 2000 knew we were going to have this competition 10 years down the line and thus programmed into the system that it times and records entry by the 000'th of a second.

So, everyone has an equal chance of winning it, as I think they are just going to make a winner up as a best guess.

Good luck everyone

Is it really that hard? Afterall these machines are able to identify valid cards and count attendances. Is this really that step ahead?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Well i can tell you who it wont be.Me i will be at work.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:With 26 gates, which have 2 entrances each, eg 52 entrances with many people going through simultaneously, I am going to stake my life on it being pretty much impossible to track the 1 millionth person into the ground, unless the designer of the ticketing systems back in 2000 knew we were going to have this competition 10 years down the line and thus programmed into the system that it times and records entry by the 000'th of a second.

Good luck everyone

Is it really that hard? Afterall these machines are able to identify valid cards and count attendances. Is this really that step ahead?

No, not if the system was designed to count in the 1/1000ths of a second. But - it is a ticketing system, not a precision timepiece.

When you have the best part of 40,000 going through the gates in the 30 minutes before kick off, that is an average of over 1000 people a minute, 15/20 people per second, and I find it hard to believe that the club can identify the 1,000,000th person through the gate, as the odds are that maybe 5 of those will swipe their card at exactly the same time, unless you have incredibly accurate split second timing systems.

I am of course being pedantic, but I just dont see it being true
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
the odds are that maybe 5 of those will swipe their card at exactly the same time, unless you have incredibly accurate split second timing systems.

Well 5 out of 45,000 is considerable narrowing down dont you think?

But seriously, cant the club know at what time exactly you got in last home game for example?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm

gillie wrote:Well i can tell you who it wont be.Me i will be at work.

and me

:0(
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm

100% WONT BE ME,I dont get into the game about five minutes before the match starts.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby SORTED » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Knowing our new media savvy City I confidently predict the winner will be a Black Gay Deaf Blind wheelchair user who is recovering from cancer.

Ouch. LOL
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:01 pm

SORTED wrote:Knowing our new media savvy City I confidently predict the winner will be a Black Gay Deaf Blind wheelchair user who is recovering from cancer.

Ouch. LOL

One thing I can confidently predict is that it wont be the millionth person through the turnstiles.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum