Bellers and boss both happy!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellers and boss both happy!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Robert Mancini is hoping Craig Bellamy’s public display of affection will finally end the continual whispers in the media that two of them are at odds.

Bellamy ran to Mancini after scoring the Blues’ third clinching goal and gave him a high-five in a move reminiscent of Mark Kennedy’s dash to Joe Royle at Blackburn in May 2000.

“I’ve always said there is no problem between Craig and me, after this, maybe people will believe it,” said the City boss.

Bellamy’s goal sealed a 3-1 over Aston Villa that edges City closer to the coveted final Champions League spot and the Blues’ boss was delighted with his team’s display.

“I was pleased because we played with tremendous spirit and everyone made a great contribution,” said the manager.

"It was an important win but of course,
the season is far from finished. We
have a huge game on Wednesday
against Tottenham and it will be most
important game for this club for many
years"

"We must win against Tottenham, but I think we must concentrate the same way we did today and it is important that we have good preparation for the match.

"What impressed me was that we did not sit back and relax and we were not too nervous today when we went 2-1 up.

“Everyone worked hard and we got our reward. I wouldn’t single anyone out because I was happy with everyone and now we go into Wednesday’s game with Tottenham with a lot of confidence.

“We now have what is effectively a Champions League final against Spurs and then another huge match against West Ham a week on Sunday.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Bellers and boss both happy!

Postby CityGer » Sat May 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Hhhhmmmm, me thinks that Sheikh Mansour or one of his team may have had a quite word. There's no way these two are best mates and it was one for the press imo.

It was the right thing, though. We can't afford Bellamy and his child like charachter to overshaddow what we are trying to do so fair play to him for making a public statement.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby aaron bond » Sat May 01, 2010 9:04 pm

I don't believe all the shit the press spout about Bellamy.

When Hughes left all the papers were going on about how Bellamy wanted to leave as he was disgusted at the treatment of his friend. Then a month later Bellamy says in an interview about how even though he was disappointed to see Hughes leave, they only knew each other on a professional level, he hadn't spoken to him since Hughes had been sacked and they didn't even have each other's phone numbers!

If there is a problem between Bellamy and Mancini, then they sort it out privately and act like the professionals they are. Good on Bellamy for showing a public display of support for Mancini today. We have 2 of the biggest games in our history coming up, and the media are dying for us to fail. Let's not believe their bullshit.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat May 01, 2010 9:17 pm

CityGer wrote:There's no way these two are best mates

Who says? For all we know, they might be the best of mates. Just because Bellamy is known for stirring trouble doesn't mean it's automatically true that he has problems with Mancini, otherwise he wouldn't have played so much as he did under Roberto, this I can tell you from what I know of him when he was a manager here in Italy.

Curiously, after Bellamy the press started bigging up every minor complain Tevez, our best goalscorer and probably Player of the Year, might have issued about the training regime.

I don't believe a thing they write.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Best not to believe anything in the press as they just like stirring things up.Bellamy is a fantastic pro and what I can't work out is whether the press just liek having a go at him or it's more a case of trying to mess up City and cause unrest if possible.

Maybe Bellers has had a word with Mancini about things but I expect he would do it in the professional way directly with the boss.I thought yet again Bellers was excellent today.Not that evrrything he did turned to gold. He kept trying to get past Cuellar and didn't manage it but he did get a couple of excellent balls across which nearly led to goals. But he was always a threat and his effort was immense and his finish for the goal was sublime.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 1:42 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Best not to believe anything in the press as they just like stirring things up.Bellamy is a fantastic pro and what I can't work out is whether the press just liek having a go at him or it's more a case of trying to mess up City and cause unrest if possible.

Maybe Bellers has had a word with Mancini about things but I expect he would do it in the professional way directly with the boss.I thought yet again Bellers was excellent today.Not that evrrything he did turned to gold. He kept trying to get past Cuellar and didn't manage it but he did get a couple of excellent balls across which nearly led to goals. But he was always a threat and his effort was immense and his finish for the goal was sublime.

Which 2 crosses were they ? I dont remember them at all.

Bellamy has gone from bad to worse on his crossing and corners and has been for a while now(he needs to practice them...badly !)...yes he scored a good goal but swp deserves ALL the credit for that goal as even Benjani would have scored it, it was that fucking simple to score.................

As harsh as this seems, I think Bellamy has played below par for a long time now.....effort and desire is there for all to see and Im not knocking that side of his game in any way whatsoever......but his crossing needs to be addressed as all these runs of his mean nothing if his final delivery isnt up to scratch.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Sun May 02, 2010 2:03 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Best not to believe anything in the press as they just like stirring things up.Bellamy is a fantastic pro and what I can't work out is whether the press just liek having a go at him or it's more a case of trying to mess up City and cause unrest if possible.

Bellamy has gone from bad to worse on his crossing and corners and has been for a while now(he needs to practice them...badly !)...yes he scored a good goal but swp deserves ALL the credit for that goal as even Benjani would have scored it, it was that fucking simple to score.................

As harsh as this seems, I think Bellamy has played below par for a long time now.....effort and desire is there for all to see and Im not knocking that side of his game in any way whatsoever......but his crossing needs to be addressed as all these runs of his mean nothing if his final delivery isnt up to scratch.

its just too many games for him.. quality over quantity mate..

trouble is we dont have anyone else to fill his boots
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 2:06 am

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

AJ and SWP ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 8:08 am

CityGer wrote:Hhhhmmmm, me thinks that Sheikh Mansour or one of his team may have had a quite word. There's no way these two are best mates and it was one for the press imo.

It was the right thing, though. We can't afford Bellamy and his child like charachter to overshaddow what we are trying to do so fair play to him for making a public statement.

Whatever Craig's reasons were for doing that, I think he did it honestly mate. For most other players to do it as a public stunt... maybe but I really really can't see Bellamy doing shit unless he feels himself it's the right thing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Kladze » Sun May 02, 2010 8:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What tosh you do speak Carl.
It was actually an excellent finish. Composure; good placement; perfect pace and trajectory gave Friedel no chance.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Kladze wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What tosh you do speak Carl.
It was actually an excellent finish. Composure; good placement; perfect pace and trajectory gave Friedel no chance.

Wind your neck in.
He only had the keeper to beat ffs !!..he did it in style..agreed.
My point was and is - it wasnt fucking difficult to score from there....and I prefer to give SWP ALL THE CREDIT for that goal.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

AJ and SWP ?

no i mean more fill his boots in terms of his attitude.. as Doug said, he kept on working even if it it wasn't his best day of getting his own way. I thought Cuellar was very good and told a Villa fan sat near me, cos he was slagging Cuellar off for not getting the better of Bellemy more easily.. i told him his criticism was misplaced as there are very few RB's that can deal with Bellemy at all, never mind easily.

his finish was a peach

but then maybe we would have been better with you on the field Carl instead of him.. ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 1:19 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

AJ and SWP ?

no i mean more fill his boots in terms of his attitude.. as Doug said, he kept on working even if it it wasn't his best day of getting his own way. I thought Cuellar was very good and told a Villa fan sat near me, cos he was slagging Cuellar off for not getting the better of Bellemy more easily.. i told him his criticism was misplaced as there are very few RB's that can deal with Bellemy at all, never mind easily.

his finish was a peach

but then maybe we would have been better with you on the field Carl instead of him.. ;)

Cant beat his attitude on the pitch mate.....theres no complaints about that side as I have stated many times.

Bellemy was having a mediocre game (Months he,s been like that IMO)before SWP put it on a plate for him.......some people go OTT on Bellemys contributions in recent matches...his play was in no way excellent yesterday..as youve said..maybe he,s tired as we have relied on him too much this season so I shouldnt be too hard on him.

For the record - Great finish but a goal wasnt difficult from that distance or angle...he just made it look speculative and he made it look fucking great.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 1:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Cant beat his attitude on the pitch mate.....theres no complaints about that side as I have stated many times.

Bellemy was having a mediocre game (Months he,s been like that IMO)before SWP put it on a plate for him.......some people go OTT on Bellemys contributions in recent matches...his play was in no way excellent yesterday..as youve said..maybe he,s tired as we have relied on him too much this season so I shouldnt be too hard on him.

For the record - Great finish but a goal wasnt difficult from that distance or angle...he just made it look speculative and he made it look fucking great.

I wrote it in the match thread, but there it drowned in the general celebration: Bellamy is pap on the left if he's up against a fullback that can match his speed. His left foot is not good enough to supply good crosses, which means that he's only option is to run aroun on the outside or to cut in on the inside. Yesterday, the Villa full back closed off the inside, because he was confident that Bellamy couldn't get past him on the outside. that left Craig with only the option to cross. And I'm sorry IBH, but even my left foot (I'm a righty as well) is better than Bellamy's.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 1:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I wrote it in the match thread, but there it drowned in the general celebration: Bellamy is pap on the left if he's up against a fullback that can match his speed. His left foot is not good enough to supply good crosses, which means that he's only option is to run aroun on the outside or to cut in on the inside. Yesterday, the Villa full back closed off the inside, because he was confident that Bellamy couldn't get past him on the outside. that left Craig with only the option to cross. And I'm sorry IBH, but even my left foot (I'm a righty as well) is better than Bellamy's.

At last - voice of reason.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 1:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Only when it doesn't come to referee calls against City ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 1:36 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Only when it doesn't come to referee calls against City ;-)

Correct !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby citytilidie » Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

typical this wasnt shown on sky / motd
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Has anyone got a clip of this? I never noticed it yesterday on Setanta, but then again I was so fucking angry the whole time having to listen to fucking Lou Macari.

United legend commentating on every single City game on Setanta... its a fucking disgrace. Every few minutes he was making stabs at us and I could have put my foot through the TV.
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:Has anyone got a clip of this? I never noticed it yesterday on Setanta, but then again I was so fucking angry the whole time having to listen to fucking Lou Macari.

U***d legend commentating on every single City game on Setanta... its a fucking disgrace. Every few minutes he was making stabs at us and I could have put my foot through the TV.

I know i felt the same way that Pat Dolan is a fucking wanker aswell i really want to punch his head in.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum