Bellers and boss both happy!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellers and boss both happy!

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Has anyone got a clip of this? I never noticed it yesterday on Setanta, but then again I was so fucking angry the whole time having to listen to fucking Lou Macari.

U***d legend commentating on every single City game on Setanta... its a fucking disgrace. Every few minutes he was making stabs at us and I could have put my foot through the TV.

I know i felt the same way that Pat Dolan is a fucking wanker aswell i really want to punch his head in.

It really pisses me off. I can't believe it hasn't crossed their minds that the cunt still works for MUTV and therefore should NOT be commentating on city games. You could actually hear the urgency in his voice when he was urging Villa on.

Prize cunt.
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 02, 2010 8:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Best not to believe anything in the press as they just like stirring things up.Bellamy is a fantastic pro and what I can't work out is whether the press just liek having a go at him or it's more a case of trying to mess up City and cause unrest if possible.

Maybe Bellers has had a word with Mancini about things but I expect he would do it in the professional way directly with the boss.I thought yet again Bellers was excellent today.Not that evrrything he did turned to gold. He kept trying to get past Cuellar and didn't manage it but he did get a couple of excellent balls across which nearly led to goals. But he was always a threat and his effort was immense and his finish for the goal was sublime.

Which 2 crosses were they ? I dont remember them at all.

Bellamy has gone from bad to worse on his crossing and corners and has been for a while now(he needs to practice them...badly !)...yes he scored a good goal but swp deserves ALL the credit for that goal as even Benjani would have scored it, it was that fucking simple to score.................

As harsh as this seems, I think Bellamy has played below par for a long time now.....effort and desire is there for all to see and Im not knocking that side of his game in any way whatsoever......but his crossing needs to be addressed as all these runs of his mean nothing if his final delivery isnt up to scratch.

The 2 crosses were:
1) one which got a nick of Cuellar and nearly went over Friedel and into the net. very good save by Friedel
2)second where Friedel and Dunne almost collided but one of them just nicked it off Ade's head. Ade thought he was going to get a simple headed goal.

Both were in the first half. You must have been composing your Bellers out chant's at the time Carl!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Best not to believe anything in the press as they just like stirring things up.Bellamy is a fantastic pro and what I can't work out is whether the press just liek having a go at him or it's more a case of trying to mess up City and cause unrest if possible.

Maybe Bellers has had a word with Mancini about things but I expect he would do it in the professional way directly with the boss.I thought yet again Bellers was excellent today.Not that evrrything he did turned to gold. He kept trying to get past Cuellar and didn't manage it but he did get a couple of excellent balls across which nearly led to goals. But he was always a threat and his effort was immense and his finish for the goal was sublime.

Bellamy has gone from bad to worse on his crossing and corners and has been for a while now(he needs to practice them...badly !)...yes he scored a good goal but swp deserves ALL the credit for that goal as even Benjani would have scored it, it was that fucking simple to score.................

As harsh as this seems, I think Bellamy has played below par for a long time now.....effort and desire is there for all to see and Im not knocking that side of his game in any way whatsoever......but his crossing needs to be addressed as all these runs of his mean nothing if his final delivery isnt up to scratch.

The 2 crosses were:
1) one which got a nick of Cuellar and nearly went over Friedel and into the net. very good save by Friedel
2)second where Friedel and Dunne almost collided but one of them just nicked it off Ade's head. Ade thought he was going to get a simple headed goal.

Both were in the first half. You must have been composing your Bellers out chant's at the time Carl!

1st one was a bit lucky tbf but 2nd was a beauty. Very unfair to single out Bellamy for criticism regarding crosses as we don't have one single player at the club who produces anything better. It's a fault with the whole squad that needs fixing & would put us in touch with the top 3 if we solved it imo. We waste a lot of great positions.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 8:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The 2 crosses were:

Who wants Bellers out?......show me where Ive said that?..no need to make shit up is there.

You said he was excellent yesterday - I suggest you go down to spec savours as he was average at best until he scored the goal....that SWP put on the plate for him.

As Ive said - he needs to work on his crossing and corners and if you cant see that..then I suggest spec savours.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The 2 crosses were:

1st one was a bit lucky tbf but 2nd was a beauty. Very unfair to single out Bellamy for criticism regarding crosses as we don't have one single player at the club who produces anything better. It's a fault with the whole squad that needs fixing & would put us in touch with the top 3 if we solved it imo. We waste a lot of great positions.

True - but Bellemy as a winger has been putting in bad crosses for a long time now mate...my point stands..he has got to sort it out.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The 2 crosses were:

True - but Bellemy as a winger has been putting in bad crosses for a long time now mate...my point stands..he has got to sort it out.

I don't class him as a winger though tbh. To me he's a striker playing out wide to suit the system. I should imagine he's got a pretty decent contribution from that position as far as assists & goals is concerned though, so he's doing a good job there all told. Imo we need to sign some players for the squad who can actually deliver crosses & set pieces whilst also making Johnno practice it until he gets it right.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Ted,

Agree - over the whole season your probably right, it,s just these last few months he,s gone off the boil..................I think the corner issue gets me the most.......I cannot for the life of me undertand how they cannot get the ball past the first fucking player...it,s unreal the amount of times the ball went straight to their first man on the near post..FFS !! get the ball into the box ffs..it,s not that difficult..I managed to do it ALL THE TIME when I was fucking playing football so Im sure these premiership players can manage it cant they ???
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 02, 2010 9:28 pm

I am not suggesting Bellers had a great game on Saturday but he didn't do anything to warrant serious criticism. The two key things about him are that he is always a real threat the oppos must take seriously and that his team effort is exceptional.

On Saturday he didn't win the battle with Cuellar who played him very well.But he threatened him constantly and made sure that Cuellar wasn't getting forward much if at all. I know that first cross was deflected and thus arguably a little lucky. He makes and deserves that luck and in the end he did score a very nice goal. So all in all for his immense effeort and teamwork plus threatening all match and scoring the goal which took away all our fears at the end I reckon he had a pretty good game.

But if I speak to him at training tomorrow I will remember to tell him that unless he skins the full back much more often and hit pin point crosses all the time ( and there musnt be any good luck involved either) he just isnt playing well enough .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 02, 2010 9:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ted,

Agree - over the whole season your probably right, it,s just these last few months he,s gone off the boil..................I think the corner issue gets me the most.......I cannot for the life of me undertand how they cannot get the ball past the first fucking player...it,s unreal the amount of times the ball went straight to their first man on the near post..FFS !! get the ball into the box ffs..it,s not that difficult..I managed to do it ALL THE TIME when I was fucking playing football so Im sure these premiership players can manage it cant they ???

I understand what you mean about going off the boil a bit but he was playing at an unbelievable level. Imo he's still good enough to challenge for a place in just about anyone's team when he's a bit below that.

I agree about taking corners, it's not difficult at all. Neither is crossing a ball imo & I never had a problem doing either. Can't understand why so many players (& not just at City) are so shit at it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 9:55 pm

[quote="Douglas Higginbottom"]

I am not suggesting Bellers had a great game on Saturday

[quote="Douglas Higginbottom"]

"I thought yet again Bellers was excellent today".

Make your mind up Doug .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sun May 02, 2010 10:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Make your mind up Doug .

We should have switched him and AJ more often as Warnock was their weak link yesterday.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 02, 2010 10:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Make your mind up Doug .

The difference between my thoughts and yours seem to be that I don't need a player to score goals or do something absolutely special to have a "great" game.It's all about the commitment and team play and if that turns into the goals and direct assists that's great.It will do some days and it won't on others but when it doesn't I would call him for being crap.

My comments that you kindly highlight reflect that at one point I was thinking your way that his final passes weren't always the best and he didn't always beat his man etc etc. thus maybe not a great game but on the other hand his work rate was a good as ever the threat was always there , he was involved in one goal and scores another so in that sense he had an excellent team game.I wouldnt mind betting his stats for the game were very good. distance covered . sprints etc.

Go on get picky again and fulfil your need to slag someone or something off.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Exiled » Mon May 03, 2010 12:42 am

I thought Bellamy did reasonably well yesterday. I did get irritated that each corner never got past the 1st player. However, I think he helped take the pressure off Bridge, causing the threat and working back wherever possible. Bridge was only coming back from injury and I was worried he would get skinned more than he did.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Dubciteh » Mon May 03, 2010 10:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Has anyone got a clip of this? I never noticed it yesterday on Setanta, but then again I was so fucking angry the whole time having to listen to fucking Lou Macari.

U***d legend commentating on every single City game on Setanta... its a fucking disgrace. Every few minutes he was making stabs at us and I could have put my foot through the TV.

I know i felt the same way that Pat Dolan is a fucking wanker aswell i really want to punch his head in.

It really pisses me off. I can't believe it hasn't crossed their minds that the cunt still works for MUTV and therefore should NOT be commentating on city games. You could actually hear the urgency in his voice when he was urging Villa on.

Prize cunt.

very rare i lose my cool at the tv but lou macari pushed me over the edge several times on sat, even referred to us as "manchester united" at one stage, its a shambles and i expect nothing less from setanta glad i dont pay for that shit.

As for bellamy i thought he was fine, needs to sort corners out though...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 11:01 am

I don't agreee with you at all Carl.

Bellamy caused numerous problems, never gave the full back a minute to break forward and scored. Some of his crossing wasn't great, but have a look at how well Villa have defended crossing and corners this season - O'Niell has them very well positioned when defending and for Bellamy to whip in 3 or 4 fantastic balls would be oustanding rather than the norm for most players against that defence.

He also had another cracking shot well saved by Friedel and some of his defensive cover really impressed me. Not his best game, but by no means one of his worst. I think he's got the bite back after a bit of a dip and it couldn't be at a better time!
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 am

Original Dub wrote:I don't agreee with you at all Carl.

Bellamy caused numerous problems, never gave the full back a minute to break forward and scored. Some of his crossing wasn't great, but have a look at how well Villa have defended crossing and corners this season - O'Niell has them very well positioned when defending and for Bellamy to whip in 3 or 4 fantastic balls would be oustanding rather than the norm for most players against that defence.

He also had another cracking shot well saved by Friedel and some of his defensive cover really impressed me. Not his best game, but by no means one of his worst. I think he's got the bite back after a bit of a dip and it couldn't be at a better time!

His crossing was shite OVERALL- his corners were abysmal AS USUAL.

The above is the fucking reason why I didnt rate him OVERALL.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

His shooting was very good OVERALL and his work ethic and defensive cover was very good OVERALL.

And the above is the reason you can kiss my hoop :)
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 11:37 am

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

His shooting was very good OVERALL and his work ethic and defensive cover was very good OVERALL.

He better be able to cross and take corners on wednesday.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 11:43 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

As long as he scores again and causes their defence problems, we won't have to rely on crosses. To be honest mate, even when Petrov and Johnson and others were crossing great, we rarely score goals... only really Ade and one of the CBs (if its a corner) is realistically gonna get there.

This game should be perfect for how we like to play IMO. Spurs aren't great on the road and away from home agains the big boys they've been far from impressive.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 11:51 am

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

As long as he scores again and causes their defence problems, we won't have to rely on crosses. To be honest mate, even when Petrov and Johnson and others were crossing great, we rarely score goals... only really Ade and one of the CBs (if its a corner) is realistically gonna get there.

This game should be perfect for how we like to play IMO. Spurs aren't great on the road and away from home agains the big boys they've been far from impressive.

I reckon Twitchy will set them up more defensively.....why would he go out for a win ?? doesnt make sense as he doesnt have to win.
Im pretty confident though (fucking lie ,but whatever) and I expect both teams to score..could be a 2-1 OR 3-2 game this one.

I know it,s one game at a time but the west ham game is just as fucking big as this one imo.....spurs will batter Burnley and we are by no means guarenteed a win at their gaff.....fuck me..Im shitting it if the truth be known.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum