god,i enjoyed today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

god,i enjoyed today

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 pm

not the game, as per usual im telling the players to push up, get ball to feet, get more players into the area and the like. no, i was sat on tier 2 of the ss and near away fans, i loved the banter with the villa fans and the city fans who give it all for the team, and i was cheering, clapping, stood up and taking the piss with the villa fans, and when i started to chant to a few gobby villa fans, your a city full of rags people started to clap and laugh at them. to be honest i should know better as im an oldie, but god, it felt good
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: god,i enjoyed today

Postby french_tony » Sat May 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Yep, I was sat in 110 and it felt good giving it back when we were in the lead. They were acting like a right set of twats when they were one up. WTF was that hand thing all about?! Bellends.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Me too mate. Loved the banter, loved the singing, loved the abuse (I gave out) and loved the score, The only bad point was when my head was in my hands after they scored, but was soon to be changed.

Thought the atmosphere was great today and the lads realy dug in.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dazby » Sun May 02, 2010 3:41 am

french_tony wrote:Yep, I was sat in 110 and it felt good giving it back when we were in the lead. They were acting like a right set of twats when they were one up. WTF was that hand thing all about?! Bellends.

Sat in 110? Shame on you. Should have stood the whole match. ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby kinsey » Sun May 02, 2010 8:33 am

The atmosphere was great yesterday, but so was the support.

The crowd seemed to sense when it was the right time to really get behind the team and try to give them a lift. For instance, 2-1 up and with about 10 minutes to go, just at the point where you can see the pattern forming for the rest of the game ie Villa pushing and us soaking up pressure, the crowd roared encouragement for about a minute after we won a throw in! It was nothing about the throw in but more a case of pulling the team through - De Jong and Zabeleta in particular puffed out their chests and responded brilliantly.

More of the same on Wednesday from us and them and we are nearly there!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby colonel_muck » Sun May 02, 2010 8:39 am

kinsey wrote:The atmosphere was great yesterday, but so was the support.

The crowd seemed to sense when it was the right time to really get behind the team and try to give them a lift. For instance, 2-1 up and with about 10 minutes to go, just at the point where you can see the pattern forming for the rest of the game ie Villa pushing and us soaking up pressure, the crowd roared encouragement for about a minute after we won a throw in! It was nothing about the throw in but more a case of pulling the team through - De Jong and Zabeleta in particular puffed out their chests and responded brilliantly.

More of the same on Wednesday from us and them and we are nearly there!

yeah spot on mate i had shivers up and down when that throw in thing happened it was brilliant, not even in the villa half and everyone just started going nuts, imagine how much of a boost that would give you as a player. its important wednesday to give the spurs players loads of shit but more important to give our players confidence. its gonna be an amazing atmosphere.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 02, 2010 11:36 am

I again went and stood with Lee_kinda and AR in 110 and I feel it's the only place to be on match day. Brillant atmopshere again and the feeling when we scored the 3rd was one of the best iv had at a City game. My mate came with me who normally sits in Colin Bell and said she never realised how good it was in 110 and will be relocating towards this area.

I'm quite sure it's going to go up and notch or two more on Wednesday and I can't wait. We really can do this!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby kinsey » Sun May 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I again went and stood with Lee_kinda and AR in 110 and I feel it's the only place to be on match day. Brillant atmopshere again and the feeling when we scored the 3rd was one of the best iv had at a City game. My mate came with me who normally sits in Colin Bell and said she never realised how good it was in 110 and will be relocating towards this area.

I'm quite sure it's going to go up and notch or two more on Wednesday and I can't wait. We really can do this!!

I am next door in 109. One of the great things about yesterday was the feeling after they scored. Whilst there was a bit of a twinge of "here we go again", there also seemed to be a belief in the stands that we were still going to get something out of it. Such belief - rather than hopeful anxiety - on Wednesday will serve us well.
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Return to The Maine Football forum