MoTD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MoTD

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 pm

There are several media pundits and media outlets who will be in fuclin tears for weeks and will need therapy if we do finish 4th.

All City need to do is watch that horshit analysis pre-match, and duly pay Spurs back for 1981 - inflation adjusted to the tune of £45m.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carolina-blue » Sun May 02, 2010 12:47 am

There is a lot I miss about England. But from what I keep hearing about match of the day ,,Its not one of them .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Sun May 02, 2010 1:09 am

Hansen is just bitter as he watches the red dippers decline and city surpassing them aint going down to well with him.
Oh well i suppose i can only sympathise with him.
It does look bleek for Liverpool and it must be a bitter pill for him to swallow after how well they performed last season expectations must have been high going into this season.
The reality is that currently city and spurs have better sides and better options on the bench and Villa although the squad is not that deep are prob in better shape aswell.
Financially they are fooked and im sure thats why hes so negative towards city considering our financial circumstances.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby guv111 » Sun May 02, 2010 4:52 am

Glad I avoided it, as usual. All it does these days is irritate me - if it's not the smug bastards who sprouted roots there years ago, it's fake City fan Lee "sell-out" Dixon; if it's not them, it's the slot we are put in; if it's not that it's the editing which is usually unflattering... I'm not even suggesting that MoTD is biased against City, I'm just saying it's an anachronistic, boring, smug sack of incompetent shite.

Looking forward to getting Sky Sports back for next season.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bear60 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Unreal..villa let it slip and they were kissing spuds arse!!

Alan Hansen

'Tottenham have the better team both collectively and individually'

utter bollox

On the plus side..max and LAHAD in the highlights just at the end before the o'neil interview

Yea, this really annoyed me the way they suck up to spuds is fucking cringeworthy. the best thing we can do now is give them a good hiding on wednesday .
Bring it on you cockney's.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john68 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 am

There were incidents going as far back as the 1900s where the press have got on City's case and caused trouble for us.
It has long been a complaint of the club that the rags and others got prefferential treatment by the media.
Mick Doyle had to be dragged off some media hack on a plane returning from Schalke in the 1970s.

The only time the media loved us was when we were shit and they could alternate between treating us as a music hall joke or be patronising about little City having great fans.

Why should we be suprised now...AND WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT THEM? Or their current campaigns aginst us.
We're a bunch of cunts for sacking Hughes.
Mancini is being replaced by Mourinho.
We are ruining football because we have bought decent players.
Joe Hart wants to leave.
Richards is going to Spurs.
We have no right to recall our own keeper.
We have no right to bring in an emergency keeper.
Bellamy and mancini are at loggerheads with each other.
Tevez wants out.
Adebayour was to blame because the Arsenal fans couldn't control themselves.
...there's probably tons more.

and we are suprised and annoyed when MoTD don't give us any credit.

Sorry but |I couldn't give a fuck...They can slag us off all they want...as we cheer like fuck as we start to lift the trophies.
FUCK 'EM!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby shawzy » Sun May 02, 2010 6:21 am

Not seen it yet but its repeated at 7.45am.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Spurge » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 am

I recorded game ofthe day on football first - having listened to it on five live at 3pm.

Really impressed with how we played overall, the five live team were fairly impartial to be honest. But the stuff youve all mentioned on MOTD is unreal. I say this time and tine again about the BBC in general nowadays, they really are a bunch of biased/hypocritical cocks, not just from a MOTD perspective but from a general broadcasting perspective - they have a duty to all licence payers to give us unbiast blanced views on all topical media events and issues, yet they choose to get up whoevers arses where it suits them to do so.

The worst one for me, which I still can't let go of (I wish I could), is the lifetime achievement award for George Best in Sports personality ofthe year. A better example of someone less deserving of that particular award you will not find.

To be honest I quite like the fact that the BBC don't like us - lets hope weram it down their throats on Wednesday night!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby ruralblue » Sun May 02, 2010 7:03 am

There was no justice by their comments, but they act like spoilt brats. Couldn't give a shit what they think apart from the comment -
"If Man City get 4th place they WILL win the Premier League within 3 years".

BLUEMOON IS RISING.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby shawzy » Sun May 02, 2010 7:27 am

Said the game was flat and Villa were the better side....Assoles.
The Vieira highlights were good but overall MOTD is piss poor..I prefer MOTD2
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby irblinx » Sun May 02, 2010 7:41 am

Having watched it this morning I had to check the stats from the Match Centre just to make sure I hadn't hallucinated the game I saw

Corners MC 12 AV 5
Attempts MC 20 AV 10
On Target MC 6 AV 4
Possession MC 54% AV 46%

It doesn't surprise anyone I know but seriously how the feck can they get away that shite?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Fish111 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:32 am

spiv wrote:Did anybody spot LAHAD in the crowd just after we scored the third goal?

No, because i haven't a clue what he looks like. Has he got brown hair?

As for Hansen, what a cock.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby colonel_muck » Sun May 02, 2010 8:35 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Unreal..villa let it slip and they were kissing spuds arse!!

Alan Hansen

'Tottenham have the better team both collectively and individually'

utter bollox

On the plus side..max and LAHAD in the highlights just at the end before the o'neil interview

i think that's a fair point. Goals all over the pitch and a very solid defence, not saying we can't beat them but certainly don't think it's 'utter bollocks'???
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun May 02, 2010 8:48 am

sirgordonzola wrote:
saulman wrote:
sirgordonzola wrote:Fucking hansen, "Villa were the better team" and "the game was flat".

2 pieces of absolute bullshit, wanker

Did he really say that? He should have one to the game, the cock.

First thing Lineker and Hansen said that the game was flat, i was there, the atmosphere was great and the game was full of attacking play. Villa had 15mins in the 1st half but after that all city, the press fecking hate us.

The game was flat for that big eared twat. Even U***** fans were saying how well we played and they were glad we wernt as positive against them. Hansen suprises me with his statement more, because I thought better of him, but he's obviously bought into the, lets keep have sly digs at city, and maybe they might go away mode.

Fuck them and match of the day, we completely dominated, played the better football, and with the right pass on a few more occasions would probably slaughtered them
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 am

Just watched it and apart from the obvious bias, how can these people actually think they can get away with such blatant bullshit. Hansen actually went on to talk about how good Villa's back line were, exaggerating the point that Dunne and Colins were in perfect positions as Ade had already run through them, yes, Ade had turned them and was running onto the ball only for Friedal to grasp it in front of him! Didn't he realise that they let 3 goals in?

The whole thing was led by Linekar, aided and abetted by 2 sour scouse twats and let loose on the public by an antiquated and clearly biased BBC. To come out with clear bullshit as analysis is typical of such a shit programmer, and to allow the likes of Hansen and Twatenson speel such shit makes me wonder why I watch.

One positive was that Hansen nearly choked on his tongue when he was talking of Spurs winning that last spot, not actually believing his own brand of shit-stain. Oh, and not forgetting both of their faces when Linekar mentioned how shit Liverpool were ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Sun May 02, 2010 9:38 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just watched it and apart from the obvious bias, how can these people actually think they can get away with such blatant bullshit. Hansen actually went on to talk about how good Villa's back line were, exaggerating the point that Dunne and Colins were in perfect positions as Ade had already run through them, yes, Ade had turned them and was running onto the ball only for Friedal to grasp it in front of him! Didn't he realise that they let 3 goals in?

The whole thing was led by Linekar, aided and abetted by 2 sour scouse twats and let loose on the public by an antiquated and clearly biased BBC. To come out with clear bullshit as analysis is typical of such a shit programmer, and to allow the likes of Hansen and Twatenson speel such shit makes me wonder why I watch.

One positive was that Hansen nearly choked on his tongue when he was talking of Spurs winning that last spot, not actually believing his own brand of shit-stain. Oh, and not forgetting both of their faces when Linekar mentioned how shit Liverpool were ;-)

don't suppose anyone has seen the full highlights anywhere on t'interweb have they?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 am

ant london wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just watched it and apart from the obvious bias, how can these people actually think they can get away with such blatant bullshit. Hansen actually went on to talk about how good Villa's back line were, exaggerating the point that Dunne and Colins were in perfect positions as Ade had already run through them, yes, Ade had turned them and was running onto the ball only for Friedal to grasp it in front of him! Didn't he realise that they let 3 goals in?

don't suppose anyone has seen the full highlights anywhere on t'interweb have they?

Sorry mate, was Sky+'d it. Just got to watch Footie First now ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun May 02, 2010 9:45 am

I want to see my mush on the highlights,anyone hook a brother up?

come on you know you want to.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 02, 2010 12:12 pm

guv111 wrote:Glad I avoided it, as usual. All it does these days is irritate me - if it's not the smug bastards who sprouted roots there years ago, it's fake City fan Lee "sell-out" Dixon; if it's not them, it's the slot we are put in; if it's not that it's the editing which is usually unflattering... I'm not even suggesting that MoTD is biased against City, I'm just saying it's an anachronistic, boring, smug sack of incompetent shite.

Looking forward to getting Sky Sports back for next season.

Dixon is even worse than Phil "Yes, Boss, No Boss...Three Bags Full, Boss" Neal
He's not only sold his soul,...but his guts, too!
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby guv111 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Talking of MoTD: Mark Lawrenson on 5Live just now -

"It's totally against the pale, isn't it?"

No. It might be beyond the pale, or maybe even against the grain, but whatever you're on about it's definitely NOT "against the pale".

Thick, camp fool.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum