Head to head vs Tottenham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Head to head vs Tottenham

Postby colonel_muck » Sun May 02, 2010 4:58 pm

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/ma ... ad-to-head

Just wanted to check this out and was horrified by the outcome. 3 wins in 25 since the incorporation of the premier league. This has to be our worst premier league record surely???? BRING IT ON!!!!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Head to head vs Tottenham

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 02, 2010 5:24 pm

City currently lie 4th in the form table, with Spurs in fifth, so we are in better form going into this match.

Also, their away record is nothing to jump up and down about, while our home form is one of the best in the league.
We have scored more goals than them, so I'll not be scared to go toe for toe with them on that count.

I've also seen enough in that Villa game to show me that we ARE going for it, as I'd hoped and the team is full of confidence again.

So based on all of this, I think we'll get fourth.

Bring the cunts on!
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 am

Original Dub wrote:City currently lie 4th in the form table, with Spurs in fifth, so we are in better form going into this match.

Also, their away record is nothing to jump up and down about, while our home form is one of the best in the league.
We have scored more goals than them, so I'll not be scared to go toe for toe with them on that count.

I've also seen enough in that Villa game to show me that we ARE going for it, as I'd hoped and the team is full of confidence again.

Bring the cunts on!

Please mate you always have ago at me for this kind of stuff...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 am

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:City currently lie 4th in the form table, with Spurs in fifth, so we are in better form going into this match.

Bring the cunts on!

He's talking about the Form Table not the League Vhero.

On another note, when you look at Spuds record away from home against the Top 10, then it's not good. They have lost to Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool and drawn with the rest of the current crop, as well as losing comprehensively to Sunderland. In fact, they have only beaten the worse teams in the league.

From what I've seen of them, they play the same way every game with no real change of formation or tactics. At home they are allowed to play the way they do due to the more defensive tactics of their opponents and when away, they don't take into consideration that the home team will change tactics to suit their natural style. In other words, Plan A and no Plan B that we have been used to for a few years now.

The only problem with the stats side is that if they draw with us, then I can see them going on to win their last game quite easily.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 am

its a bastard though who would have seen them beating arsenal and chelsea the other week. football eh?
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 10:38 am

Vhero wrote:

Bring the cunts on!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You never let me down mate. Consistancy personifed.

Run along now...
Original Dub

Postby Lee_R » Mon May 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Surly this just means we are definately due a win against them. Really though there would be nothing sweeter than denying these bastards a CL spot.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon May 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Apparently we have got Steve Bennett as ref on Wednesday aswell....
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Colonel - I get fed up enough with all the papers and SKY trotting out these past, meaningless stats endlessly.

The only stat that matters is on Weds evening about 9.50pm.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Mon May 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Bring the cunts on!

Run along now...

Technically Ronan we're 4th if we win our game in hand.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby irblinx » Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:Apparently we have got Steve Bennett as ref on Wednesday aswell....

So that Europa competition is good eh?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Bring the cunts on!

Run along now...

Technically Ronan we're 4th if we win our game in hand.

Indeed.... I'm fucking sure I've heard that somewhere before?! :)
Original Dub

Postby dikdik » Mon May 03, 2010 4:54 pm

I just wonder what the odds would have been a month back against Spurs beating both Chelsea and Arsenal. It's never easy is it?
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Vhero » Mon May 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Bring the cunts on!

Run along now...

I meant pointing out useless shit not getting it wrong mate I'm not that stupid but OMG you really would do anything to take a shot at me wouldn't you fair enough... Take you little shot.. Does it make you feel big? Does it?? I mean like Form table gets us champions league? no it doesn't.. so quit with the shit and let get on with the real table the table that matters and take a mouth full of STFU! Sick of your stupid attitude towards me.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Bring the cunts on!

Run along now...

I meant pointing out useless shit not getting it wrong mate I'm not that stupid but OMG you really would do anything to take a shot at me wouldn't you fair enough... Take you little shot.. Does it make you feel big? Does it?? I mean like Form table gets us champions league? no it doesn't.. so quit with the shit and let get on with the real table the table that matters and take a mouth full of STFU! Sick of your stupid attitude towards me.

No you didn't you little retard, you thought I said City were in 4th in the league its fucking obvious.

Then when it turns out once again that you didn't read the post properly (how many fucking times has that happened - Mourinho kidnapped by mafia ring a bell? haha), you try and make me out to be the mong.

Now if that wasn't bad enough, you then try and say that what I pointed out in my OP is useless and means nothing.

I'll tell you what's useless and means nothing you whinging little fuckwit:

Vhero since the bold men took his streams away.

Ciao.
Original Dub

Return to The Maine Football forum