West Ham next week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

West Ham next week

Postby Nick » Sun May 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Unlucky today against fulham from what I saw. I think it will be zola's last game which is a shame because i think hes a top bloke. Despite all the praise Sullivan and Gold get in the press I think they've been a joke with how they've treated Zola and constantly contradict each other.

Zola just said the last game is special for him, which to me basically says its his last game, so I think it will be a tough game! Obviously, we need to beat spurs first though for it to matter.......
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: West Ham next week

Postby gillie » Sun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Nick wrote:Unlucky today against fulham from what I saw. I think it will be zola's last game which is a shame because i think hes a top bloke. Despite all the praise Sullivan and Gold get in the press I think they've been a joke with how they've treated Zola and constantly contradict each other.

Zola just said the last game is special for him, which to me basically says its his last game, so I think it will be a tough game! Obviously, we need to beat spurs first though for it to matter.......

You need to sign up to KUMB mate and read all the threads then come back on here as you will have a different outlook on the situation at West Ham.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nick » Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 pm

any chance of summarising for me mate? I just went on had a look and there was a 50 page thread on steve coppell !
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:45 pm

The West Ham game only becomes significant if we beat Spurs. If we dont do our job on wednesday, then that game becomes largely inconsequential.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Sun May 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Nick wrote:any chance of summarising for me mate? I just went on had a look and there was a 50 page thread on steve coppell !

Well your best bet would be to ask Walmai as he is West Ham to the core and he will give you the lowdown on the Happy Hammers.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Vhero » Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 am

I reckon they are just happy they are still up next season and now have nothing to play for. No doubt Zola will want to rest his best players ready for the new season ahead and the world cup.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 am

Vhero wrote:I reckon they are just happy they are still up next season and now have nothing to play for. No doubt Zola will want to rest his best players ready for the new season ahead and the world cup.

On the contrary. I think they will be eager to show something to their supporters after long hard season. In same fashion, I don't think that Spurs trip to Burnley is the foregone conclusion people think of it. Last chance for many of their players to showpiece their skills in big time for a good while.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dronny » Mon May 03, 2010 9:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Vhero wrote:I reckon they are just happy they are still up next season and now have nothing to play for. No doubt Zola will want to rest his best players ready for the new season ahead and the world cup.

On the contrary. I think they will be eager to show something to their supporters after long hard season. In same fashion, I don't think that Spurs trip to Burnley is the foregone conclusion people think of it. Last chance for many of their players to showpiece their skills in big time for a good while.

I agree, I just think that this season still has one or two more twists before it's over
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only

Postby walmai » Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 am

gillie wrote:
Nick wrote:Unlucky today against fulham from what I saw. I think it will be zola's last game which is a shame because i think hes a top bloke. Despite all the praise Sullivan and Gold get in the press I think they've been a joke with how they've treated Zola and constantly contradict each other.

You need to sign up to KUMB mate and read all the threads then come back on here as you will have a different outlook on the situation at West Ham.

Ha ha - good point Gillie.

I could have gone yesterday (given that Fulham home stands went to General Sale) but refused to put myself through more terrible play from quite the worst set up team I can personally remember. From what I saw, we weren't unlucky at all.

Zola's a good bloke, but not a coach who commands the sufficient sense of respect he needs to make a team of underperformers tick, or even defend properly. Only a fairly small percentage of the fanbase appears to actually want him to remain at the helm, as much as the conflicting sentiment of concern as to the recent take over means that some support Zola as a means of expressing dissatisfaction with the board.

I am sick of them all. It will be an unusual atmosphere next week. We're debating whether a 'lap of honour' is a good idea on KUMB. Its realistically a goodbye match for the coach, his assistant, other coaching staff and half a dozen players.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby walmai » Mon May 03, 2010 11:33 am

Nick wrote:any chance of summarising for me mate? I just went on had a look and there was a 50 page thread on steve coppell !

50 pages on Coppell? Must have missed that one!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 pm

West Ham are the kind of side who would beat us for absolutely no reason on Sunday. i.e. We've potentially everything to play for and they haven't.

KUMB should have a Match thread going on soon if they haven't yet so. I'll jump on there to make some contributions with everything I say being said on behalf of all Man City Fans.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby royston » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Goal difference is going to be all important . At the moment we are two better than Spurs . Every goal we score on Wednesday will double our goal difference advantage . This means that we may only need to draw at West Ham to get 4th spot no matter what spurs do . For example , if we win 2-0 on wednesday this will give us a better goal difference of +6 going into Sundays final matches .
On final match day if we draw with west ham then spurs will have to win 7-0 at burnley ....... even that is not impossible .
royston
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Dronny wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I agree, I just think that this season still has one or two more twists before it's over

Don't tell me, you've lost your dog as well?

In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Zola: classic example of an ex-player propelled into top level management just because of reputation. There are too many. They should do a few years as a youth coach and get lots of experience, like Guardiola. Or try working in the lower leagues for a few years. Zola just isn't up to it, and West Ham are the unfortunate ones to find out.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby walmai » Mon May 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Damn straight.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:Zola: classic example of an ex-player propelled into top level management just because of reputation. There are too many. They should do a few years as a youth coach and get lots of experience, like Guardiola. Or try working in the lower leagues for a few years. Zola just isn't up to it, and West Ham are the unfortunate ones to find out.

Next stop Mark Hughes as manager.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby dazby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:Zola: classic example of an ex-player propelled into top level management just because of reputation. There are too many. They should do a few years as a youth coach and get lots of experience, like Guardiola. Or try working in the lower leagues for a few years. Zola just isn't up to it, and West Ham are the unfortunate ones to find out.

He did do an apprenticeship working with the Olympic team amongst other things.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum