Don't we deserve better?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Don't we deserve better?

Postby guv111 » Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 am

It seems that nothing can be done to halt the ruination of the enjoyment of football on the radio by Alan Green. Will no mount of emails to the BBC pleading for the removal of that awful man have some effect? It's an occasional hobby horse of mine to type his name into Google just to see what he's been up to that I might have been lucky enough to miss (yes, I obviously love to punish myself). The number of people who actively hate the man far outweighs the few who seem to get something out of his negative ranting, and yet there he is, week in, week out, contriving to be bored or screaming his head off with his very special favourite topic (himself) well to the fore. Yesterday, I thought I'd check out Liverpool v Chelsea, and sure enough a minor incident was blown up by that clown to far bigger proportions than the goals or even the result and how it left the title race. Michael Ballack apparently had the nerve to walk away from the referee whilst being lectured. Green's response? "WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU TWIT!!!11@!!!???", bellowed and screamed at the top of his voice. Jesus Christ, calm down you nutter.

Is there nothing to be done!?

Couple of linkies.

Why We Deserve Better Than Alan Green

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=2022

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... -interview [scroll down for user comments]
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Don't we deserve better?

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 03, 2010 8:52 am

As a Liverpool supporter, unless they do get big investment, he's in for a miserable time in the future. I can only see him getting worse & he'll become even more unpopular amongst City fans than he is now. We'll be one of his main targets as his bitterness grows along with our increasing success.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Don't we deserve better?

Postby guv111 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:As a Liverpool supporter, unless they do get big investment, he's in for a miserable time in the future. I can only see him getting worse & he'll become even more unpopular amongst City fans than he is now. We'll be one of his main targets as his bitterness grows along with our increasing success.

We already are. Whenever he lowers himself to mention us it's with the equivalent of a dismissive wave of the hand. If the BBC had appointed someone specifically to remove every ounce of fun from football, they couldn't have chosen better. Ah well, as long as their beloved rugby union is catered for by decent professionals, they'll be happy.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum