MANCHESTER

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MANCHESTER

Postby brite blu sky » Mon May 03, 2010 3:36 pm

we all know that if City bring this home then the local press is going to off on one.. the whole city will go off on one.. everyone including not really football fans are going to look again at Manchester City

and apart from that there are going to be a massive amount of Manchester based sleeping blues waking up and coming out of the woodwork.

Those of you who have been through the eye of the needle with City over the years are going to be very very very proud lads and lasses.

I hope for all of you that this summer in Mancland is going to compare with the summer of love and the idea of taking a stroll around town in the sunshine.. without really ever touching the pavement.. and a suspicious absence of red about.. a sort of backround sound of snatches of Bluemoon drifting about in the breeze.. like perfume or something.. it could just all be in your head but you wont care about that..

I would sincerely like to be one of the first to say how proud i am of the City fans that have carried our dreams for so long.. even when face down prostrate in the cold wet mud patch of a pitch on a windtorn godforsaken hill in Huddersfield or dozen more places like it.. your moment is arriving. You have kept this club holding on to where it belongs and without you it is arguable that we would not have been seen as such an attractive proposition to invest in, in the first place.

Im trying to put into words the gratefulness i have as a faithful but pretty cheapskate blue to all of you who have kept the faith and put your money and your lives where your heart is.

i would also like to make a very big plea that the true blues help to show the new lot who are going to see the light.. the way to behave as City fans.
One thing i think i have learnt from the unlimited funds thing.. is that it allows us to have a lot of grace.. something that cannot be said of that lot who look like they are going to have a wee bit of a quiet summer

Thanks
i'll get me coat..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: MANCHESTER

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Amazing how your posts always live up to your username! :-)

I was more thinking how the national press will go off on one:

"City wont be able to sign top level stars"
"Hughes would've got third" (Ollie Holt)
"You need CL experience, you cant just turn up"
"If Mancini is out of the CL by Xmas will he be sacked, ruthless owners blah blah blah?"
"Liverpool have history, Scum blah blah blah"

etc etc

But you are right. I have experienced all the bad, and now it is time!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Great stuff BBS....I feel another funny memory coming on...
City beat Blackburn...we had merely won promotion to the Prem. The city Centre manchester was buzzing with Blues drinking, dancing and singing. Albert Square was bouncing with city fans in full voice, even the fountain was well attended with happy City fans...it went on all night...just because we had a promotion.

Compare....

It was aTuesday night, it was dark and quiet. I sat on Deansgate near the Moon Under Water. The rags had become Champions. There was me sat alone...not even a scabby dog was moving about. In the distance, I saw a young man...bedeckled in rag flag, shirt, hat and other Christmas tree essentials. He was wandering up Deansgate...alone...Billy the rag no mates.
He approached my cab and asked "Where's the party?"....I smiled generously..."probably Singapore Mate...We don't do red shit in Manchester"
He just sighed and wandered off like a beggar looking for his next dustbin.

God...I am glad I'm Blue....Wednes day....PARRRRRRTY TIME.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 pm

That actually struck a chord, well in mate.

Time to feel good, enough of the doomsday talk at this stage!
Original Dub

Postby fees » Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm

My only full season of following City home and away was our season in Div 2 and although it ended gloriously at Wembley it is still tough looking back at some of the teams i watched, and one of them was a pouring wet Friday night game away at Huddersfield.

Most of South Africa supports the rags, the bin dippers or the arse and the abuse i get is a bit tiresome. However i believe our time has come and we will finish this season 4th, the start of bright things to come. We are always referred to as "long suffering City fans", well that is about to change.

I cant wait for Wednesday! Lets all enjoy it, our time has come.

I love you Manchester City!
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Goataldo » Mon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Fantastic post BBS, love it. Our time will come.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby blootoof » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Here's a good Omen

We've never lost to spurs on my 40'th, and I turn 40 on Wednesday so chill out and smoke some weed, just like I did before I posted this
crap.

brill
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ruralblue » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 pm

john@staustell wrote:Amazing how your posts always live up to your username! :-)

!

Yeah Bluesky, turn off the ELO records and lay off the acid man.

Seriously though, keep fucking posting matey Bobs, cause it's all positive vibes coming from you man and I like it.

The Summer is going to be good, it will be hot and BLUE.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Return to The Maine Football forum