*OFFICIAL* Jerome Boateng signs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boateng Signs

Postby Haz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:30 pm

razor400 wrote:Well I never saw this one coming, I suppose he had to go somewhere after pompey went down.

*shudders at the thought* ;)
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Blue Blood » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:51 pm

razor400 wrote:Well I never saw this one coming, I suppose he had to go somewhere after pompey went down.

palm... face... facepalm

Welcome to manchester, JEROME Boateng!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby razor400 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Haz wrote:

*shudders at the thought* ;)

Blue Blood wrote:

palm... face... facepalm

Welcome to manchester, JEROME Boateng!

Far to easy.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Paul68 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:52 pm

According to the german correspondent on talk shite (so it MUST be true) JB's weakest position is right back - apparently he is rock hard in the centre but gets taken out when playing left/right back.
Anyone seen any evidence to support this?
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:01 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:According to the german correspondent on talk shite (so it MUST be true) JB's weakest position is right back - apparently he is rock hard in the centre but gets taken out when playing left/right back.

Well if talksport said it you really shouldn't doubt it mate.....
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:29 am

Welcome Jerome. Should be good
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Paul68 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:According to the german correspondent on talk shite (so it MUST be true) JB's weakest position is right back - apparently he is rock hard in the centre but gets taken out when playing left/right back.

Well if talksport said it you really shouldn't doubt it mate.....

:-)

I for one am well pleased with his signing.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:30 am

I saw him play rightback against Fulham, wasn't too impressive.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:15 am

Don't know what to think about this signing. He is promising young player but raw as fuck. I watched him with extra interest since we were linked to him right after january window. He had some top notch games and couple of stinkers. Basically we already have two similar homegrown players on the squad with similar problems although Ned is probably off.

Good luck to the lad, he is talented, but if we are going to reach those targets, we need players who can deliver top quality immediately.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: *OFFICIAL* Jerome Boateng signs

Postby Exiled » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 am

Due to him being in the German WC squad at such a young age, I'm assuming that he is a good player, overall. I don't see many fans from other clubs laughing.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Don't know what to think about this signing. He is promising young player but raw as fuck. I watched him with extra interest since we were linked to him right after january window. He had some top notch games and couple of stinkers. Basically we already have two similar homegrown players on the squad with similar problems although Ned is probably off.

Good luck to the lad, he is talented, but if we are going to reach those targets, we need players who can deliver top quality immediately.

A bit like A. Johnson, then? I think you've answered your own question with the inevitable departure of Ned.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 am

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Don't know what to think about this signing. He is promising young player but raw as fuck. I watched him with extra interest since we were linked to him right after january window. He had some top notch games and couple of stinkers. Basically we already have two similar homegrown players on the squad with similar problems although Ned is probably off.

A bit like A. Johnson, then? I think you've answered your own question with the inevitable departure of Ned.

Not one bit like Adam Johnson. After Robinho's departure, winger was a position of need. Anyway, you need to have at least two capable wingers on both flanks as wingers are probably the most injury prone and also they don't often last full 90 minutes because of the exhausting nature of the position. One of the reasons why SWP is so valuable, he is one of the few wingers who has stamina to run at full speed for full 90 minutes.

Centerbacks on the other hand statistically are much less injured AND they last for full 90 minutes almost without an exception.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Esky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:10 am

Exiled wrote:Due to him being in the German WC squad at such a young age, I'm assuming that he is a good player, overall. I don't see many fans from other clubs laughing.

A few years back you could've said the same thing about Robert Huth.

Tbf though, from the 7 or 8 Europa games (plus the Argentina friendly) I saw him in, he looks like a very good talent. He was playing right back most of the time as well.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 am

Just a thought but maybe Lescott to LB.

so we be looking at a starting 4 of..

Boateng Toure Kompany Lescott.

Proper good back four that.
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 am

Blue Blood wrote:Just a thought but maybe Lescott to LB.

so we be looking at a starting 4 of..

Boateng Toure Kompany Lescott.

Proper good back four that.

I was thinking the same lineup but switching Toure and Boateng. I am sure I had this convo with someone, they made a good point of having two centrehalves playing as fullbacks would hurt us going forward.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 am

I'm also not so excited about this signing. Saw him play recently for Germany at RB and he didn't impress me much. We already have 3 players for that position (Micah, Zabba and Ned) and if squeezed even Toure can play there (saw him do it for Arsenal on many occasions).
And if he is to be played at CB, then it means either Toure or Joleon will be dropped ? Or is Mancini thinking to move Vinnie back to DM ??
Bottom line, I don't think that he is the type of player that will make an impact immediately but since he is only 21, he might well be worth the investment for years to come.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

I'm also not so excited about this signing. Saw him play recently for Germany at RB and he didn't impress me much. We already have 3 players for that position (Micah, Zabba and Ned) and if squeezed even Toure can play there (saw him do it for Arsenal on many occasions).
And if he is to be played at CB, then it means either Toure or Joleon will be dropped ? Or is Mancini thinking to move Vinnie back to DM ??
Bottom line, I don't think that he is the type of player that will make an impact immediately but since he is only 21, he might well be worth the investment for years to come.

Well, Toure has been shocking so Kompany and Lescott would most likely be the starting pair with Boateng and Toure as back ups.

Regarding the last sentence, Mancini doesn't have years to wait. The knife were already sharpened by certain sections and slow start to the season and he'll be out by christmas. I have my doubts whether Boateng can help us in that time scale but we'll see. There's the problem of Director of Football doing these deals, he can affrd the luxury of waiting for few years since there seems to be no pressure involved with that position.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:14 am

welcome to man city jerome!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:23 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Regarding the last sentence, Mancini doesn't have years to wait. The knife were already sharpened by certain sections and slow start to the season and he'll be out by christmas. I have my doubts whether Boateng can help us in that time scale but we'll see. There's the problem of Director of Football doing these deals, he can affrd the luxury of waiting for few years since there seems to be no pressure involved with that position.

So what you're saying is that Mancio should just plan for today, and not for tomorrow? As Jerome said in his statement, it was Mancio himself who talked him into joining, with the vision of the future and by making him a better player. Mancio has to look to the future of the club and I for one am impressed that he is looking at this long-range, rather than believing he will be out by Christmas, as you said. If he had that attitude, then we would be well and truly fucked. Thank fuck we are changing eh!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:31 am

I'd keep Kompany and Lescott as first choice Centre Halves for the time being - but Kompany is known to prefer a Midfield role and I'd have in there over Vieira in a second.

Toure had a dodgy first season but you don't go from being a regular at Arsenal to losing all your defensive abilities overnight. There was a problem somewhere.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum