Easy Guide To Summer Transfers - Updated

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Easy Guide To Summer Transfers - Updated

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Easy Guide to Summer Transfers (updated)

Pick 4-10 from the top 55 list depending who goes from the bottom list (no goalies - my picks first)

CM---------------WMF---------------STR------------------FULL BACKS-----------CENTRE BACKS

Gourcuff--------Milner-------------Torres----------------Luiz----------------------Kjaer
Hamsik----------Ozil----------------Dzeko----------------Der Wiel-----------------Cahill G
Yaya Toure-----Silva---------------Ibrahimovitz---------Kolarov------------------Shawcross
Gerrard---------Krasic--------------Balotelli--------------Lahm--------------------Subotic
Hazard----------Di Maria-----------Cardoza--------------Radu---------------------Hangeland
Cambiasso------Ganso--------------Neymar--------------Motta--------------------Munoz
Martinez--------Cole----------------Aguerro--------------Maicon-------------------Bonucci
Arteta-----------Pienaar------------Zarate----------------Monreal------------------Howedes
Heitinga--------Jovetic-------------Barrios---------------Burdisso-----------------Chygrynskiy
Van der Vaart---Navas--------------Bojan----------------Alves---------------------Carrico
Msa Sissoko-----Elia----------------Lavezzi--------------Manolev------------------Vertonghen

Barry------------Johnson A----------Tevez------------Boateng-----------------Lescott
De Jong-------- Wright Phillips----Adebayor--------Bridge-------------------Kompany
Johnson M------Robinho------------Santa Cruz------Zabaleta-----------------Kolo Toure
Ireland-------------------------------Bellamy----------Richards-----------------Onuoha
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Easy Guide To Summer Transfers - Updated

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 pm

That's easy?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby theinvisibleman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:03 pm

That honestly makes no sense.... Easy?
theinvisibleman
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Fuck Ibrahimovic, et al. Jo, he is gonna be the man next season
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Fuck Ibrahimovic, et al. Jo, he is gonna be the man next season

Looking forward to seeing Jo in pre season for some strange reason. I'd love to see him and Tevez upfront, for comedies sake. Imagine Tevez winning the ball from midfield, driving into the box, feeding Jo with a great ball, only for Jo to jog to it, get tackled then stand with his hands on hips. I'd laugh.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Grob wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Jo in pre season for some strange reason. I'd love to see him and Tevez upfront, for comedies sake. Imagine Tevez winning the ball from midfield, driving into the box, feeding Jo with a great ball, only for Jo to jog to it, get tackled then stand with his hands on hips. I'd laugh.

I am still not sure he really is as bad as he showed in the runup to xmas for us in 2008. Bear in mind we were heading for the bottom 3, he was playing in a new league, MUCH faster than he has ever played before, and as each game passed and the fans got on his back his confidence was no doubt shot to pieces, I honestly think we HAVE to give him another chance to show what he can do.

I mean come on........how can you not want this man in your team.
[youtube]gvFcuaFCzrk[/youtube]
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Vhero » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Grob wrote:

I am still not sure he really is as bad as he showed in the runup to xmas for us in 2008. Bear in mind we were heading for the bottom 3, he was playing in a new league, MUCH faster than he has ever played before, and as each game passed and the fans got on his back his confidence was no doubt shot to pieces, I honestly think we HAVE to give him another chance to show what he can do.

[youtube]FW9PrLEhIRc[/youtube]

Needed to add a bit of realism
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Vhero wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Grob wrote:

[youtube]FW9PrLEhIRc[/youtube]

Needed to add a bit of realism

Spoilsport
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 pm

johnpb78 wrote:I am still not sure he really is as bad as he showed in the runup to xmas for us in 2008. Bear in mind we were heading for the bottom 3, he was playing in a new league, MUCH faster than he has ever played before, and as each game passed and the fans got on his back his confidence was no doubt shot to pieces, I honestly think we HAVE to give him another chance to show what he can do.

I think your being more hopefull than realistic. One footed with limited control and no pace. Even Moyes who is excellent at making average players produce, couldnt get rid of him quickly enough. Jo is out of his depth at Premiership level.

One more comedy turn in pre season then a loan to Santos should do it for me.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Grob wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:I am still not sure he really is as bad as he showed in the runup to xmas for us in 2008. Bear in mind we were heading for the bottom 3, he was playing in a new league, MUCH faster than he has ever played before, and as each game passed and the fans got on his back his confidence was no doubt shot to pieces, I honestly think we HAVE to give him another chance to show what he can do.

I think your being more hopefull than realistic. One footed with limited control and no pace. Even Moyes who is excellent at making average players produce, couldnt get rid of him quickly enough. Jo is out of his depth at Premiership level.

Or even better still we could just give him to Santos.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 pm

I don't get it!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 am

Grob wrote:

You're spot on - it is a hope. I actually started my original post in jest, then whilst writing it realised that he probably does deserve a chance. I dont realistically expect him to make it as things stand, but maybe he has learned that he cant be out on the piss all the time and not turning up for training that ended with him being bombed out the door at Goodison. He is a bit older now and maybe a bit wiser to how professional clubs in top leagues work, and has a good player in Adebayor to help him along.

The club need to decide if his head is right, as he seems to have the talent but not the application to the task, and an appalling physique. Typical Brazilian?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum