The 25-man squad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The 25-man squad

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Now I've searched the Pl website, and the FA for that matter, and both are full of useless garbage but nothing I can find about this new rule.

So does anyone who understands it know how injuries and suspensions affect it?

As I understand it you have to name your squad at end of August and end of January - at the end of the 2 windows. But it is not unheard of to have 7 or 8 injuries and a couple of suspensions at a club is it? So does this mean partly empty benches? Injured players turning out?

Anyone know?

To me this whole rule is just well-meaning insanity, typical of English football, and bugger-all to do with UEFA etc. Nothing like it in Spain or Italy.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: The 25-man squad

Postby Tony P » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Players under 21 do not have to be registered. So like always, if you had seven injuries you'd fill your bench with kids.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Tony P wrote:Players under 21 do not have to be registered. So like always, if you had seven injuries you'd fill your bench with kids.

Thanks mate. Easy then.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something along the lines of emergency loans included for senior players since they're tightening up on squads - pure speculation from me 'cause I haven't looked into the rules.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:14 pm

25 man squad.

Ive just looked at the squad on the offy site and we have 39 players. If we sign another 5 or 6 we'll have to shift around 20.

That should be fun
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Return to The Maine Football forum