Ade raring to go

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade raring to go

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor is excited by the prospect of a full, uninterrupted season for City after a stop-start first campaign in sky blue.

The Togolese striker missed several games through suspension and also was absent for half-a-dozen games due to tragic events at the African Cup of Nations in January.

"I can’t wait to get started,” he said. “I'm looking forward to next season and though it's going to be very difficult to get in the team, but as a footballer at a top club, you expect to be challenged - that's football."

Despite only starting 25 of the Blues’ 38 games last season, Manu, who recently became the father of a new baby girl, still finished second-top scorer with 14 goals – an average better than one strike every two games – and with his retirement from international football, he could well top that figure during 2010/11.

Yet despite his terrifying experiences with Togo earlier this year, Manu is leaving the door open to possibly one day represent his country again.

"For nine years, I have put my country first before everything, but now the most important thing for me is my life,” he said.

"I have to put my life first before my
country and I have a good family and
children that I have to look after"

"If the organisation is good and if our government is ready to improve the standard of football and not involve politics, yes I will change my mind. Because I love football and love playing football and also want to give something back.”

With his stint as a BBC World Cup pundit now over, Manu says the tournament has been a huge boost to African football and believes the reverberations will continue for decades to come.

“People are here to have fun and are enjoying themselves. It is a positive thing for our continent,” he said.

“Seeing players like Lionel Messi, Robinho, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo perform will definitely change the lives of Africans.

“Football in Africa is something that is evolving constantly. A lot has changed, even in the last 20 years.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Ade raring to go

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Must be hard bringing up a family on 100 + grand a week.

Anyway - I'm happy he understand's that he will need to fight his way into the team and I hope other player's feel the same way and don't get a mard on because they are not in the team week in and week out.
I do not believe in promising player's a guaranteed starting line up....that's bollok's(I hearSilva has been guaranteed this to sign on....I hope it's paper bollok's)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby razor400 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Must be hard bringing up a family on 100 + grand a week.

Yeah its fucking murder mate.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Crossie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I bet the tax is a bastard
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby paulmclaren » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:15 pm

He'll still be coming out with 110k a week.
140k he's on isn'y he?
For an hour a days training.
Shocking moddie coddled wankers.
But i personally don't pay the wages, i do not give a flying feck.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Return to The Maine Football forum