City vs Blackburn prediction game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City vs Blackburn prediction game

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:39 pm

These are the stats for the total amount of passes made so far this season for both sides.

CITY
vs Spurs 534
vs Liverpool 412
vs Sunderland 493

BLACKBURN
vs Everton 125
vs Birmingham 199
vs Arsenal 200

Which just shows you the mentality of both sides. Our 534 against spurs was fantastic, nearly 200 more than Spurs and Blackburn's 125 against Everton is pathetic, and half of them were unsuccesful i.e long hopeful balls.

Two weeks to go but how about a fun prediction of the total amount of passes according to the guardians chalkboard for the game on 11th september?

City - 544
Blackburn - 145
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: City vs Blackburn prediction game

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

City- 576
B'burn- 192
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 pm

This is actually quite funny prediction game!

545 City.
203 Blackburn.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm 'aving some of this:

City 510
Blackburn 200
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm

CITY=625
BBURN=193
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:04 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Which just shows you the mentality of both sides. Our 534 against spurs was fantastic, nearly 200 more than Spurs and Blackburn's 125 against Everton is pathetic, and half of them were unsuccesful i.e long hopeful balls.

That's extremely derisory. Blackburn won that game with their 'pathetic' passing and we only scraped a draw despite those misleading figures.

If their mentality is to win games and ours is to pass the ball sideways I know whose approach I'd favour!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:58 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Which just shows you the mentality of both sides. Our 534 against spurs was fantastic, nearly 200 more than Spurs and Blackburn's 125 against Everton is pathetic, and half of them were unsuccesful i.e long hopeful balls.

That's extremely derisory. Blackburn won that game with their 'pathetic' passing and we only scraped a draw despite those misleading figures.

If their mentality is to win games and ours is to pass the ball sideways I know whose approach I'd favour!

Derisory my arse, It is the truth. 125 passes in the top flight of english football is beyond pathetic, that is just over a pass for every minute.

As for your last line, have a read at what you have put. Their mentality is not to win games, it is to get the ball as far away from their goal and maybe nick a goal with a punt forward causing havoc where as ours is to control the game which 9 times out of 10 will win you the game. If you would rather favour their approach then you are watching the game mate, Sale Sharks kick off soon. Sam Allardyce is a disgrace to football.
the_georgian_genius

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:

Derisory my arse, It is the truth. 125 passes in the top flight of english football is beyond pathetic, that is just over a pass for every minute.

As for your last line, have a read at what you have put. Their mentality is not to win games, it is to get the ball as far away from their goal and maybe nick a goal with a punt forward causing havoc where as ours is to control the game which 9 times out of 10 will win you the game. If you would rather favour their approach then you are watching the game mate, Sale Sharks kick off soon. Sam Allardyce is a disgrace to football.

Why do you have to try and defend your original feeble arguments with snide comments?

Blackburn won: FACT
We drew: FACT

I do not 'favour their approach' but you mentioned the 'mentality' of teams in the first post and I'd prefer a winning mentality to that of keeping the ball.

As for your comment "control the game which 9 times out of 10 will win you the game" well that is just complete nonsense, what if everyone done this? How can everyone win 9 out of 10? Why have we won 1 out of 3?

There seems to be this widespread opinion currently that playing tiki taka football is somehow a more 'pure' way of approaching the game, that's absolute bullshit. You play to your advantages and, against Everton, Blackburn did just that and won the game.

Spain can win matches passing teams to death, Barca can do the same. Blackburn can't, know they can't and revert to what they know best. Whether we can has yet to be proved.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:29 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Why do you have to try and defend your original feeble arguments with snide comments?.

They weren't sarcastic and it certainly was not a feeble argument.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Blackburn won: FACT
We drew: FACT

What about the next week then with the same set up and same style? We won FACT, they lost FACT. What about over a season, who's style of play and set up will achieve more? Blackburns kick and rush or our controlling of games?

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I do not 'favour their approach' but you mentioned the 'mentality' of teams in the first post and I'd prefer a winning mentality to that of keeping the ball.

So now you are saying we don't have a winning mentality and Blackburn do all because they won one game? Really?

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:As for your comment "control the game which 9 times out of 10 will win you the game" well that is just complete nonsense, what if everyone done this? How can everyone win 9 out of 10? Why have we won 1 out of 3?

Really? Complete nonsense? You don't think Chelsea controlled 90% of their games last season to win the league? You don't think United controlled 90% of their games last season to challenge Chelsea to the last day? You don't think Barca and Real Madrid controlled 90% of their games last season? Of course they did, teams at the top who are successful and win the top honours control the games they play in 9 times out of 10. As for your question on "how can everyone win 9 out of 10" you know they can't, that is what makes a league table. Those who can and do sit at the top, those that can't and don't sit at the bottom. Simple.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:There seems to be this widespread opinion currently that playing tiki taka football is somehow a more 'pure' way of approaching the game, that's absolute bullshit. You play to your advantages and, against Everton, Blackburn did just that and won the game. ?

I take it you were happy then with us under Pearce? and you'd pay money for a season ticket at Stoke City? or even watch a game between Blackburn and Stoke on TV? If so you would get more enjoyment at rugby league as that is what style of football they play. Football should be played on the ground, it should be passed around, showing creativity, exciting the fans and making it as entertaining as possible. You watch Blackpool this season, they will pass it around and give it a go and most probably go down as they won't be strong enough or even good enough to stay up but they will get alot more admirers going about it that way than shutting up shop for 90 mins, hoofing it forward and hoping for the best. No one is asking for the Arsenal or Barca style of football, just get it on the ground and play it the way football should be played. That is not bullshit it is FACT.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Spain can win matches passing teams to death, Barca can do the same. Blackburn can't, know they can't and revert to what they know best. Whether we can has yet to be proved.

Neither can West Ham, Bolton, Birmingham or Wolves but at least they go about it the right way and they will all finish in similar posistions. Blackburn can play football, they have the players to do it, not in the "ticki tacka" style or the success of Spain or Barca but they can still play the game the right way but their manager refuses to do so and he will never change even with good footballers in their side.
the_georgian_genius

Return to The Maine Football forum