England in mid winter

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England in mid winter

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:46 pm

I never understood why we play through the winter anyway. all those games that used to get called off because of snow. Why not just do the season from March to November? It'd make stuff much simpler.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby sandman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I never understood why we play through the winter anyway. all those games that used to get called off because of snow. Why not just do the season from March to November? It'd make stuff much simpler.

And have teams like wigan running riot through the premiership when the world cup is on because city, arsenal and chelsea will only have 6 players not on international duty :o)
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:16 pm

sandman wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I never understood why we play through the winter anyway. all those games that used to get called off because of snow. Why not just do the season from March to November? It'd make stuff much simpler.

And have teams like wigan running riot through the premiership when the world cup is on because city, arsenal and chelsea will only have 6 players not on international duty :o)

You do have leagues that play spring to fall. The Scandinavians (bar Denmark) and the Russian spring to mind. They're all on hold during the WC.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum