Just a thought

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Just a thought

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:17 pm

The 'team' performances in the last two games haven't been actually that bad. The loss of points have been down purely to individual errors.

Tevez made potentially the miss of the season at Sunderland, a goal which would have opened up the mackems to the counter-attack in a game we dominated. This was followed by Richard's bungled challenge leading to the penalty which lost us the game.

Today, Hart had a rush of blood to the head reminiscent of David James at his best (worst). To compound that, we were denied as clear a penalty as you could expect to see by Clattenburg while the score was 1-1.

I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, it isn't, but maybe we should stop sharpening knives and other assorted blades; stop counting the sleeping tablets, and put down the bottle of whiskey for the time being.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Re: Just a thought

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Kladze wrote:The 'team' performances in the last two games haven't been actually that bad. The loss of points have been down purely to individual errors.

Tevez made potentially the miss of the season at Sunderland, a goal which would have opened up the mackems to the counter-attack in a game we dominated. This was followed by Richard's bungled challenge leading to the penalty which lost us the game.

Today, Hart had a rush of blood to the head reminiscent of David James at his best (worst). To compound that, we were denied as clear a penalty as you could expect to see by Clattenburg while the score was 1-1.

I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, it isn't, but maybe we should stop sharpening knives and other assorted blades; stop counting the sleeping tablets, and put down the bottle of whiskey for the time being.

I have a similar philosophical view to you on this. I am not really pissed off with the last two games, but I feel that they are symptomatic of Mancini's problem, and am dreading the thought of seeing a season slip away because of Mancini's stubborn refusal to play to OUR strengths as opposed to worrying about Blackburn as an attacking threat.

In both the last 2 games, had we played to our strengths we should have been able to put the opposition away well before the mistakes happened, or in the case of today's game, been able to grind out a couple of goals AFTER the mistake.

Granted these teams will come and park the bus, but they do the same to the other top sides and its how we cope with that which will result in our final league position.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:04 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Kladze wrote:The 'team' performances in the last two games haven't been actually that bad. The loss of points have been down purely to individual errors.

I have a similar philosophical view to you on this. I am not really pissed off with the last two games, but I feel that they are symptomatic of Mancini's problem, and am dreading the thought of seeing a season slip away because of Mancini's stubborn refusal to play to OUR strengths as opposed to worrying about Blackburn as an attacking threat.

In both the last 2 games, had we played to our strengths we should have been able to put the opposition away well before the mistakes happened, or in the case of today's game, been able to grind out a couple of goals AFTER the mistake.

Granted these teams will come and park the bus, but they do the same to the other top sides and its how we cope with that which will result in our final league position.

I feel Mancini is trying to develop us into a 'Barcelona style' passing team. What we're lacking is midfield players bursting into the box, beyond the play, with sufficient belief - and good timing - culminating with us not creating so many clear cut chances as our possession in the final third merits.
This, I believe, will come as our players become more accustomed to 'the plan' and each other, and their confidence grows.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 pm

you're right we could have had 6 points but for individual errors. We could have beaten spurs had swp taken his chance and lost had the one for bale fallen on his left foot. Most games will be that close.

There were some poor performances today, but don't forget we're still missing both first choice full backs, who would have given more attacking threat, allowing johnson and swp to support tevez more closely. I still think the system is right, but at the moment, we're missing the players to play it. Perhaps we need to change formation for the next few weeks, giving the full backs less protection, but allowing the attacking talent more freedom and support.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

It's like September/October 2009 all over again.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:you're right we could have had 6 points but for individual errors. We could have beaten spurs had swp taken his chance and lost had the one for bale fallen on his left foot. Most games will be that close.

There were some poor performances today, but don't forget we're still missing both first choice full backs, who would have given more attacking threat, allowing johnson and swp to support tevez more closely. I still think the system is right, but at the moment, we're missing the players to play it. Perhaps we need to change formation for the next few weeks, giving the full backs less protection, but allowing the attacking talent more freedom and support.

Normally I would always insist that a manager should choose his players to suit his tactics/system.

But you may be right in this case, simply because Richards and Lescott aren't up to the task and we have nobody else to turn to at present.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby simon12 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Kladze wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:you're right we could have had 6 points but for individual errors. We could have beaten spurs had swp taken his chance and lost had the one for bale fallen on his left foot. Most games will be that close.

Normally I would always insist that a manager should choose his players to suit his tactics/system.

But you may be right in this case, simply because Richards and Lescott aren't up to the task and we have nobody else to turn to at present.

To be fair to Lescott he had a go at getting forward today but it just isn`t his game. All there threat came down the right as fatboy slam knows it`s richards weak point getting back, which he did countless times today,i even heard kolo fucking him for it in the second half. We have to learn how to cope with teams who want to waste time from the 12th minute it`s a simple as that.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

simon12 wrote:
Kladze wrote:

To be fair to Lescott he had a go at getting forward today but it just isn`t his game. All there threat came down the right as fatboy slam knows it`s richards weak point getting back, which he did countless times today,i even heard kolo fucking him for it in the second half. We have to learn how to cope with teams who want to waste time from the 12th minute it`s a simple as that.

I refer you to this honourable gentleman ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=34689
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 am

you are not entirely wrong. We having been creating enough chances to win these games and football has been alright. But football is results business and we aren't getting any.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:45 am

We're passing the ball very well, defending quite well & working reasonably hard. We're also getting less players forward & failing to do most of the things our competitors (& indeed most teams) do that result in actually scoring goals.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:08 am

I agree that the peformances have been fine. The finishing has been woeful though. Sunderland & Blackburn should both have been dead and buried with the amount of chances we had in the games.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 am

The performances haven't been fine at all. At Sunderland against a poor team we were turgid and lacking invention. I can't have been alone in thinking we looked like we weren't gonna score on Saturday. Blackburn and Sunderland should have been despatched with ease, but weren't. And that isn't good enough anymore. When Chelsea go to Wigan, you fully expect them to win. Does anybody believe we are nailed on to do the same?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The performances haven't been fine at all. At Sunderland against a poor team we were turgid and lacking invention. I can't have been alone in thinking we looked like we weren't gonna score on Saturday. Blackburn and Sunderland should have been despatched with ease, but weren't. And that isn't good enough anymore. When Chelsea go to Wigan, you fully expect them to win. Does anybody believe we are nailed on to do the same?

How can you say we were not going to score? had their goalie not made 4 or 5 good saves we would have killed them.
I said it saturday and I will say it today. You were leathered and actually weren't sure what you were saying. You need to stay positive father.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The performances haven't been fine at all. At Sunderland against a poor team we were turgid and lacking invention. I can't have been alone in thinking we looked like we weren't gonna score on Saturday. Blackburn and Sunderland should have been despatched with ease, but weren't. And that isn't good enough anymore. When Chelsea go to Wigan, you fully expect them to win. Does anybody believe we are nailed on to do the same?

How can you say we were not going to score? had their goalie not made 4 or 5 good saves we would have killed them.
I said it saturday and I will say it today. You were leathered and actually weren't sure what you were saying. You need to stay positive father.

I have to agree with Pics with regard to the Blackcats game. The fact that we had massive possessional advantage, they had more territorial advantage and 3 times as many shots, even if they were penny rollers. To only have 4 shots all game with only 2 on target leaves a lot to be desired.

We are a team in transition again though, so I'm willing to see how things pan-out, but I won't be impressed if he carries on with the same tactics and produces similar results.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum