Sorry, But is Someone Taking the Pish!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sorry, But is Someone Taking the Pish!

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:10 pm

I thought the Rag game was bad but come on, this is beyond belief. I love Brit teams going through but that is just a farce!!!!

Champs league = Money; please Mr Mansour, make it better :(

Oh, and fuck off 'Arry and all those freaks, how many decisions do you need?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Sorry, But is Someone Taking the Pish!

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Erm, whatchutalkinabout beefy?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Kladze » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:27 pm

dazby wrote:Erm, whatchutalkinabout beefy?

All I can think is he's talking about the three penalties Spurs were awarded tonight Dazby.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Hate to say this, but we need English teams to do well so that the Prem retains 4 spots in the event. Hopefully we will be top 3 but let's have the safety net of 4th for a couple more years!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I thought the Rag game was bad but come on, this is beyond belief. I love Brit teams going through but that is just a farce!!!!

Have you been drinking again ;)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby pears12 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:09 am

That handball for Spurs 3rd penalty was an absolute shocker, not sure what Twente defender could of done except disconnect his own arm
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:21 am

Socrates wrote:Hate to say this, but we need English teams to do well so that the Prem retains 4 spots in the event. Hopefully we will be top 3 but let's have the safety net of 4th for a couple more years!

Also, it will make our life a lot easier if we don't have to get past the rags & Spurs in the Europa League this season. It would be just our luck to have to play both of the teams who cocked up our targets last season, one after the other in Europe, no doubt coinciding with an injury crisis, a crucial set of games in the Prem & an away trip to Arsenal in the FA Cup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:Hate to say this, but we need English teams to do well so that the Prem retains 4 spots in the event. Hopefully we will be top 3 but let's have the safety net of 4th for a couple more years!

Also, it will make our life a lot easier if we don't have to get past the rags & Spurs in the Europa League this season. It would be just our luck to have to play both of the teams who cocked up our targets last season, one after the other in Europe, no doubt coinciding with an injury crisis, a crucial set of games in the Prem & an away trip to Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Stop Worrying. we've taken seven points from nine against three of the four CL teams so far. Things can only get better.
I think it's between Chelsea and City for the title this year. United were crap last night , but had one great move that gave them the goal. Spurs ? Unbelievable.... But let them stay there until the knock out stages. It will make our lives easier this season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:05 am

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Stop Worrying. we've taken seven points from nine against three of the four CL teams so far. Things can only get better.
I think it's between Chelsea and City for the title this year. United were crap last night , but had one great move that gave them the goal. Spurs ? Unbelievable.... But let them stay there until the knock out stages. It will make our lives easier this season.

Who exactly do you think is in the Champions League this season?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 am

Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Liverpool, Wigan and Sunderland - obviously.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:13 am

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Oh so sad, even when you are trying to be funny you should know we only got 6 points from those three.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 am

Slim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Oh so sad, even when you are trying to be funny you should know we only got 6 points from those three.

Got me Sunderlands and Blackburns confused. Obviously it must be BB! Must remember never to make an error when Slim is online.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I thought the Rag game was bad but come on, this is beyond belief. I love Brit teams going through but that is just a farce!!!!

Have you been drinking again ;)

Ha ha ha, I was actually ;-)

But the point remains. I watched the Rag game last night and was quite appauled with some of the decisions the ref gave - every time Valencia looked like they were getting somewhere, whistle went and I just couldn't understand why. Then seeing the Spurs game just made me realise that a lot of other teams don't just have to beat the big teams on the pitch, but actually have to beat those who run the game for their own purses; kepping the bigger teams in for the revenue stream.

Why I posted, god only knows because I've known this goes on all along, just didn't think they'd do it so blatantly.

Ah well, back to the bottle ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:45 am

Valencia & rags were both utter crap last night as were Ajax & AC Milan the night before. The standard of football in many Champions League games is apalling considering the money/hype involved. It's not as bad as international football but it's certainly not the peak until one or two games in the final stages.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mcfctm » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 am

The longer spurs are playing in the champions league the better! They're doing shit in the league and if you look at their fixtures before a european game (west brom and west ham) its clear that it is a distraction to them.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum