Ah, we're doing too well for the media again...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ah, we're doing too well for the media again...

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Time for another "bust-up".

Tevez v Mancini again...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317660/Carlos-Tevez-Roberto-Mancini-erupt-Eastlands.html

So fucking predictable.
Original Dub

Re: Ah, we're doing too well for the media again...

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 pm

fuck reading that shit - lets have some bust-ups on here.

fuck you OD.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:56 pm

I have to say, I often watch Tevez's body language and it's rarely good or enthusiastic. I don't think he enjoys playing for us.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Fuck reading that shit indeed, fuck you Blue Toy !
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Blue Toy wrote:I have to say, I often watch Tevez's body language and it's rarely good or enthusiastic. I don't think he enjoys playing for us.

I will concur on yesterday he looked totally pissed off and i said as much to my lad.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah BT, he hated scoring that pen didn't he? Totally uninterested.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 pm

He is playing up front on his own and gives confidence to the rest of the team. If he is 85% or having an off day it shows upfront and we dont create much so he will get frustrated. I still dont understand why his family choose to live in argentina? HAving bust ups and arguments is all about building strong bonds between people. I think the more we have the better as it shows they give a fuck.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Blue Toy wrote:I have to say, I often watch Tevez's body language and it's rarely good or enthusiastic. I don't think he enjoys playing for us.

I feel the same way...He grafts his ass off for us and im so happy hes in the blue shirt, but i get a feeling it aint gonna last.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:11 pm

It's all right to say we are doing too well for the media and I have no doubt they love this stuff but it is worrying that something like this a) seems to have happened and b) leaks out.
We are 2nd in the league but it would appear our best player isn't happy. We can argue the best player bit but I think it's a fact that we struggle to do much going forward without him there.( and AJ isn't getting selected!)It was always going to be the biggest part of Mancini's challenge to get and keep the players on side so let's hope that whatever happened is a storm in a tea cup being blown up by the press as usual.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:11 pm

So he spent the rest of the interval in his office did he well according to the TV commentator he was sat in the dug out area for 5 minutes before the players came out for the second half.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:11 pm

dazby wrote:Yeah BT, he hated scoring that pen didn't he? Totally uninterested.

There is a difference in playing well and with a passion, to enjoying oneself.

So far as the former goes that's his professionalism and his natural way of playing. He would play that way regardless of who he's playing for. But as for the latter, I don't see any signs that he enjoys it. And to answer your point directly, he didn't celebrate the goal all he wanted to do was get across to RSC on the bench.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:It's all right to say we are doing too well for the media and I have no doubt they love this stuff but it is worrying that something like this a) seems to have happened and b) leaks out.
We are 2nd in the league but it would appear our best player isn't happy. We can argue the best player bit but I think it's a fact that we struggle to do much going forward without him there.( and AJ isn't getting selected!)It was always going to be the biggest part of Mancini's challenge to get and keep the players on side so let's hope that whatever happened is a storm in a tea cup being blown up by the press as usual.

Doug how does he appear during training?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby french_tony » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 pm

I was thinking the same, he was walking around generally pissed off. Still worked hard and played well but it didn't look right. He didnt even smile when scored!
Looking back at highlights from a year ago he used to play with a smile all the time. Maybe its the captaincy?

Lets just hope its nothing, we need you Carlos!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:It's all right to say we are doing too well for the media and I have no doubt they love this stuff but it is worrying that something like this a) seems to have happened and b) leaks out.

Doug how does he appear during training?

That's a tough one to answer for 2 reasons. First in a sense he has a reputation for not being the best trainer. That doesnt mean he doesnt do what he is told or what is expected of him but he simply doesnt charge around chasing the ball anything like as much as he does in games.It would be impossible anyway as virtually alll the "football" they play is on small pitches and as he would be close to the ball almost all the time he would run himself stupid. His real fitness comes from playing and he does what work he needs to do to get ready for games.

Second I would not claim to be an expert in assessing what I see in training and converting that to whether he is happy or not.I can't say I have seen anything obvious from any dealings he has had with Mancini or any of the coaches to suggest he isn't a happy bunny.I wouldn't count the disagreements with a decision from a ref in a 5 a side game as they happen all the time with loads of players. I will be watching more closely next time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 pm

tevez was frustrated because we were playing shite, he wasnt getting the service and he wants the ball ALL the time (which pisses me off). This lead to barry and silva fucking up one and ones because tevez was scraming at them to pass.

He booted the ball at the advertising board in front of us (110) first half, but thats clearly because hes pissed off that its 0-0 and we were playing shit.

Fuck the Sky media.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 pm

I knew this would come, i didnt expect it so soon. I happen to think that they don't like each other as they are both the same, but as long as it doesn't affect either's performances for the club i don't give a shit if they don't go round to each others houses for sunday roast.

One big fucking yawn!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:05 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I knew this would come, i didnt expect it so soon.

One big fucking yawn!

Same here, everytime we start getting somewhere bang, a story comes out about are players and the manager not getting along it's just getting a bit sad from the media now.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I knew this would come, i didnt expect it so soon.

One big fucking yawn!

Same here, everytime we start getting somewhere bang, a story comes out about are players and the manager not getting along it's just getting a bit sad from the media now.

I am delighted aswell that there was lots of shouting, screaming and arguments between everyone in the dressing room on sunday. I would be worried if the players weren't unhappy about that first half performance. It shows we have a team of winners who won't settle for 2nd best.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Well Kolo must have been pretty inspired by the 'bust up'....

Kolo Toure believes that collective willpower and a few well chosen words saw the Blues home against a spirited Newcastle challenge.
The City defender admitted that there were a lot of tired legs after the win over Chelsea and the Europa League draw with Juventus earlier in the week.

“Newcastle put up a hard fight and were tough opponents,” admitted Toure.

“It was difficult after Thursday because we had only two days to recover and work. We started the game slowly and we were not pleased with that. Then we conceded a sloppy goal.

The right things were said at half time, the manager had the right words and we worked harder in the second half and we are really happy that we got the three points.”

Toure is too wise to take any notice of the league table especially as October has only just dawned but he is aware too that momentum is vital in a long season.

To go into the international break with three wins in succession in the league is a big bonus

...Kolo Toure on win over Magpies

“We are second in the league and that should give everyone confidence to come back and try to make sure our standards do not slip and that we find the consistency we need to sustain a challenge.

“If we work hard then we can maintain that challenge. The great thing for us is that we are still a new team and there is still a lot of improvement to come this season – I am sure of that. So to be second at this stage is a really good thing.

“We are happy with what we are doing and happy with the way we are defending as a team. There are still some mistakes we can avoid but Vincent Kompany and myself feel comfortable in the way we are gelling as a partnership.

“Vincent is a very intelligent footballer who is great to play alongside. We all know the importance of having a sound defence and the whole team is playing its part in that regard.”
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Well Kolo must have been pretty inspired by the 'bust up'....

Kolo Toure believes that collective willpower and a few well chosen words saw the Blues home against a spirited Newcastle challenge.
The City defender admitted that there were a lot of tired legs after the win over Chelsea and the Europa League draw with Juventus earlier in the week.

“Newcastle put up a hard fight and were tough opponents,” admitted Toure.

“It was difficult after Thursday because we had only two days to recover and work. We started the game slowly and we were not pleased with that. Then we conceded a sloppy goal.

The right things were said at half time, the manager had the right words and we worked harder in the second half and we are really happy that we got the three points.”

Toure is too wise to take any notice of the league table especially as October has only just dawned but he is aware too that momentum is vital in a long season.

To go into the international break with three wins in succession in the league is a big bonus

...Kolo Toure on win over Magpies

“We are second in the league and that should give everyone confidence to come back and try to make sure our standards do not slip and that we find the consistency we need to sustain a challenge.

“If we work hard then we can maintain that challenge. The great thing for us is that we are still a new team and there is still a lot of improvement to come this season – I am sure of that. So to be second at this stage is a really good thing.

“We are happy with what we are doing and happy with the way we are defending as a team. There are still some mistakes we can avoid but Vincent Kompany and myself feel comfortable in the way we are gelling as a partnership.

“Vincent is a very intelligent footballer who is great to play alongside. We all know the importance of having a sound defence and the whole team is playing its part in that regard.”

Now that is sensible talk imo also if they did have a fuckin big barney it proves one thing these guys are winners.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum