Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Postby go_blues » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Nothings fair about that - in answer to your question.

The design and make up of the european leagues has always been dictated by the elite few across the continent. They never imagined that someone like us could get anywhere near the top table when they set up the champions league. They set up up the europa league for the likes of us in the hope that a sniff of the top table would be enough.

Now they see the power and money we have and realise that we might just make it all the way to the top and are panicking. Because if we do qualify and go on to be a genuine force in European football then they know that one of the original european superpowers will have to make way.

Good.

blues2win wrote:Good stuff Vicky. It would have been mad to sue. Although Beasley's disgusting attack was based on a falsehood, that Mancini was in the stands during the Sunderland game, his lawyers could have deposed Cooke under oath to answer whether we had been in contact with Mancini and Hiddink before then. On the facts we could only win but the damages might have been derisory. I hope Beasley apologises properly. Nor do I support banning journalists; leave that to Whiskey Nose.

I'm afraid there's a huge amount of hypocritical jealousy of our position. Hypocritical because the said journalists would be delighted if the clubs they support had our ability to invest. Doubly hypocritical for Chelsea fans who were quite happy when Abramovitch was splashing the cash, less happy now he's turned off the tap. There's also a lot of little englander unpleasantness about foreign coaches, as Mancini has rightly observed. Frankly I'm sick of Saint Harry( a good manager to be fair) being given a free pass on Tottenham's huge expenditure till the end of last season. The stuff about Hughes is part of the same narrow minded rubbish.

City are determined to become part of the European elite, not just a club that makes the top four in a good year. No club can do that without investing huge sums of money, some of which will be wasted as we rush to beat the Unfair Play rules. Martin Samuel makes the point that the anti City brigade and for that matter Platini are really arguing for a European Closed Shop.

What's 'fair' about that?
go_blues
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Blue in the face » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 pm

I was more pissed about his comments that he hopes we implode, and his basic anti City rant. He hates City and because he's in a position to state his shit publically he should be made to give his reasons publically. Theres no need that I can think of for a Chelsea supporter to hate us in the manner he does.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Blue in the face wrote:I was more pissed about his comments that he hopes we implode, and his basic anti City rant. He hates City and because he's in a position to state his shit publically he should be made to give his reasons publically. Theres no need that I can think of for a Chelsea supporter to hate us in the manner he does.

That's what got me mate and when I watched it live it actually took me by surprise, and strangely, made me feel a wee sick; the thought of the club disappearing was just too much to take in, it was like losing a family member.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:31 am

from the other place - excellent stuff from City Raider

City Raider wrote:I'd also emailed the guy not expecting a response, not sure it tallys with Vicky's reply but here it is anyway....

I've deliberately taken a few days to cool off after your offensive rant at Man City on Sunday morning. I still feel a little angry but want to try and take the emotion out of my email - something you patently, as a supposedly unbiased reporter, failed to do. Please, if you get chance, look back and look at the pure vitriol in your body language and actual language, I think you would be embarrassed. There is nothing wrong with passion, but you were out of order.

The most annoying thing though was your arguments were based on myth and not fact but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story eh? Mancini was not in the stand the day Hughes was sacked, you know that, so why spout the nonsense? He was in Italy and was actually interviewed on the day by Sky Italia.

It's right up there with Hughes didn't know Robinho was signing and Robinho thought he was signing for Man Utd, as an example of the abject journalism we've had to suffer.

Jealousy rears its head in many ways, we didn't ask for the money and it has changed everything. I guess people just have to sit and watch what's happening and feeled wronged and powerless to do anything about it, so stuff gets invented or the slightest error we make is turned into a national scandal - eg the De Jong tackle. You'd have thought he murdered the lad. Did Newcastle send a strongly worded statement to the FA for Barton's punch or Williamson's headbutt? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

And on that note, the irony of all ironies on Sunday morning was you procrastinating about my club being morally bankrupt in the same week your club so disgracefully sacked Ray Wilkins. Do you also remember the way Ranieiri was dealt with, and others?

Chelsea have subsequently won things and that appears to make this behaviour ok. You're allowed to be morally bankrupt as long as you're successfully morally bankrupt.

We are only following the model you copied from Man United. Spend wrecklessly at the beginning, then promote from within as time passes. We just haven't had enough time to be judged on it yet.

A lot of blues are boycotting your paper, I don't want to follow that route and would just sk you to be a little more reasoned in your arguments.

Reply...

Like me...you're way behind the times!
I apologised to Mancini, City and the fans yesterday.
Not because I was forced to or even asked to but because I wanted to - and you can check that with City!! (Vicky Kloss)
The truth is that on the day of Hughes' departure I saw a news bulletin from a respected and reputable news organisation saying Mancini was there in the stands and guess what? I believed it.
And guess what? I thought it was disgraceful and it has coloured my view of City ever since, as you clearly witnessed on the show!
Trouble is the news report was wrong and I didn't find that out until a City fan pointed it out to me on Tuesday. I checked it out and found he was right.
I couldn't believe I went so long not realising this information was NOT true but surely you don't think I'd get that worked up about something I knew to be false!! (As you say check out the body language!)
Anyway first thing Wednesday morning I sent my written apology to everyone at City.
I repeat it was my own personal choice to do so and I was not under any duress whatsoever.
Call it a point of principle if you like.
I believe if I want the clubs to act with class and dignity then so should I and I think I have done so.
I hope you do too.
And I genuinely hope people find out that I have admitted I got it wrong.
I know what it's like to go on feeling aggrieved about something unnecessarily!!!
And I don't want to still be getting e-mails like yours in a year's time!!!!!

Cheers

Rob

[youtube]jg2dEZtJzwM[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 am

1 day behind the times against 1 year behind the times .... What a smug sactimonious cunt
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:44 am

No apology just another attack
[youtube]qraYCX5zpZc[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:47 am

johnny crossan wrote:No apology just another attack
[youtube]qraYCX5zpZc[/youtube]

I watched it today. I was expecting some sort of an apology, but like you say, just more shit.

Harping on about us not being ready for the new Platini rules. Like they have it all figured out and nobody told decided to tell that silly Sheikh.
Original Dub

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 am

Woolnough is really doing my head in with his constant baiting of the other journo's to invite them to slag off City:

"But isn't that BAD managament???"
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:41 pm

The "silly sheikh" theme is Suppository favourite too.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:The "silly sheikh" theme is Suppository favourite too.

That whole theme is hilarious. Where on Earth they got the notion that one of the most successful businessmen on the planet doesn't know what he's doing and is simply throwing his money away until his club gets kicked out of all european competitions, I just don't know.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Just another under-handed attempt to make the club look bad. Looks like they're stooping to actually talking in a serious manner in the knowledge that Big Brother is watching.

Not too much said though, and no venomous attacks, so not all bad then.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:00 pm

his reply that was full of exclamation marks was childish. only kids use that many !!!!!!!!!!!

and he gets paid to write. uh huh.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:02 pm

How did we fare today?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 pm

dazby wrote:How did we fare today?

551 - 4, and then the rain.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Anyone got todays clips?? I really enjoy listening to the shite this lot come up with.

If anyone has the clips can they post them please.

cheers
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Anyone got todays clips?? I really enjoy listening to the shite this lot come up with.
If anyone has the clips can they post them please. cheers

[youtube]_TRUZtnVbCg[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:49 pm

[youtube]Pks-L6ov7ck[/youtube]

here's the grisly crew this week
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
dazby wrote:How did we fare today?

551 - 4, and then the rain.

cheers

Just spotte this.

Tee hee.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:44 pm

After that video I actually hope we do sign Bale just to show them how fucked in the head they are.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Cheers for that mate.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum