Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 am

simon12 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I stopped buying & reading the MUEN because of the red biased shite that they print

I don't know where people get this attitude from, I've always thought they are fairly balanced and inoffensive and i've been reading the MEN for years

It`s very anti City in the rag section.

That's probably why then...I never read the rag section
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
simon12 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I stopped buying & reading the MUEN because of the red biased shite that they print

I don't know where people get this attitude from, I've always thought they are fairly balanced and inoffensive and i've been reading the MEN for years

why would it be pro city in the rag section?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 am

Paul Smith is a fucking dodgy vampire Nick Drake lookalike cunt who needs his fucking face slapping.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Paul Smith is a fucking dodgy vampire Nick Drake lookalike cunt who needs his fucking face slapping.

Oh i dunno. I kinda love all that stripy stuff. Ive got some socks and a scarf. Plus a shirt. It's cute.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I e-mailed the club about it here's what I said and the reply

To: Vicky Kloss
Sent: Sun Nov 21 19:44:36 2010
Subject: Todays Sunday Supplement on Sky

Hi Vicky,

This morning saw an absolutely disgraceful attack on us - here's the link to a video of it on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjQLBuwOZk
Something should be done about these people. We've complained about it to Ofcom but surely the Club can take it up.

Best wishes,

Hello ****and****

Thanks for getting in touch. I watched the programme prior to leaving for Fulham today and share your disgust.
I have spoken to two of the journalists in question at Craven Cottage, making my views very clear and I am part way through a letter of complaint to the producers. I am consulting with our lawyers on some factual inaccuracies also.
Thanks again for the note.
Best wishes
Vicky

Sent from my Blackberry.
Vicky Kloss
Chief Communications Officer
Manchester City Football Club

Brilliant...I hope they take them to the cleaners...or better still...gagging orders...if they couldn't talk about City on that show there would be no show they are that obsessed

Beasley has form...in 2008 he was sued by Rafa Ben

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... -Beasley...
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Great stuff. Well done.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Well done Mr Crossan, I'm delighted to know the club are following up on this.

It was an direct attack on the club using false accusations and sensationalism. For Sky Sports to allow one of their own shows to express their desire for Manchester City to "implode" is an absolute disgrace. Just as it was a disgrace to say we are "morally bankrupt".

Derogitory if I've ever heard it.
Original Dub

Postby simon12 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
simon12 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

why would it be pro city in the rag section?

Sorry LB2 my attempt at sarcasm early on a Monday
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Just seen 2 of our goals shown in 'Six of the Best' on SSN. Seems that Vicky's message is getting through already.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I feel it really takes it to a new level when a journalist displays such venom in having a go and says he desperately wants it all to go belly up or whatever his words were.

I know Vicky and her team have been working incredibly hard for some time on " the press" in all its guises. I think they make sure relevant programmes are watched and listened to specifically to pick up on the defamatory drivel thrown at us.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just seen 2 of our goals shown in 'Six of the Best' on SSN. Seems that Vicky's message is getting through already.

24 passes in one of them wasnt it? you know if it had been the Arse everyone would be raving... to be fair to Andy Gray he did big us for a change though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I feel it really takes it to a new level when a journalist displays such venom in having a go and says he desperately wants it all to go belly up or whatever his words were.

I know Vicky and her team have been working incredibly hard for some time on " the press" in all its guises. I think they make sure relevant programmes are watched and listened to specifically to pick up on the defamatory drivel thrown at us.

don't tell me you finally clicked on the vid Dougie, you must have been really pleased with yesterday!!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I rarely watch the show to be honest as it winds me up however if it had been ManU on the recieving end of such an outburst I'm sure we would all of seen nothing wrong with what was said ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Fish111 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:41 pm

It would never have been said against most other clubs though would it? We are considered to be an easy target for some reason. The club need to grow a pair of balls and get the lawyers involved to shut these fucking idiots up.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Burt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

How can it be balanced when the City editor is a devilworshipping rag?!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Bear60 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:56 pm

shawzy wrote:Geez.They really hate us dont they haha...Lets hope we can shut them up and make them look the cunts that they are, starting with a win against Fulham..Onwards and upwards City.

What ever are they going to say about us now? Oh I know the exact same thing they said about us when we beat Bindippers 3-0, ''We beat a poor side. '' Wankers the lot of em its quite laughable really.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

i suppose "football" must have been pretty fucking gutted after that drubbing then?

wankers.
The Man In Blue

Postby simon12 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 am

I do feel that IF the reports on chelsea are true bald bastard beasley has been dealt his come uppance. HAHAHA. It does seem to have blown up in someones face...but not the team in sky blue dick`ed.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:12 pm

just got this today:

Dear ***** and ******

I hope you are well. An update for you since my last note.

I have contacted all four journalists on Sunday Supplement this weekend and have received a full and unreserved apology from Rob Beasley on the phone and in writing , as he now recognises that Roberto Mancini wasn’t in the stands on the day in question. He is going to make the correction the next time he is on the show. I have also set up a meeting with Brian Woolnough for next week to discuss all matters relating to the football club, on and off the field as well as the structure here and in Abu Dhabi.

From a legal point of view, (and I consulted with our London based media lawyers on Sunday and again on Monday), technically a breach has taken place. Pragmatic legal advice however is that pursuit of this would be risky and potentially counter productive.

My view is that if the breach is corrected, it is better to influence and explain than to slap on a ban ( not that media organisations can be banned from the matches anyway. Bans can realistically only be applied to press conferences) In our situation, when we haven’t yet achieved on the pitch, it is far better to engage than to create even deeper rooted enemies, who, if they are so willing can step up their criticism to an even higher level.

This is not about mute acceptance of antagonistic and/or erroneous reporting. We have taken legal action on several occasions in the past few months in certain circumstances and will continue to do so when appropriate, however a longer term strategy is required when dealing with these matters as we try to inform slowly but surely, key figures in media, government and the football authorities.

I appreciate your contact. Please feel free to get in touch with the future about this or any other matter.

Best wishes

Vicky Kloss
Chief Communications Officer

good stuff Vicky
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Good stuff Vicky. It would have been mad to sue. Although Beasley's disgusting attack was based on a falsehood, that Mancini was in the stands during the Sunderland game, his lawyers could have deposed Cooke under oath to answer whether we had been in contact with Mancini and Hiddink before then. On the facts we could only win but the damages might have been derisory. I hope Beasley apologises properly. Nor do I support banning journalists; leave that to Whiskey Nose.

I'm afraid there's a huge amount of hypocritical jealousy of our position. Hypocritical because the said journalists would be delighted if the clubs they support had our ability to invest. Doubly hypocritical for Chelsea fans who were quite happy when Abramovitch was splashing the cash, less happy now he's turned off the tap. There's also a lot of little englander unpleasantness about foreign coaches, as Mancini has rightly observed. Frankly I'm sick of Saint Harry( a good manager to be fair) being given a free pass on Tottenham's huge expenditure till the end of last season. The stuff about Hughes is part of the same narrow minded rubbish.

City are determined to become part of the European elite, not just a club that makes the top four in a good year. No club can do that without investing huge sums of money, some of which will be wasted as we rush to beat the Unfair Play rules. Martin Samuel makes the point that the anti City brigade and for that matter Platini are really arguing for a European Closed Shop.

What's 'fair' about that?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum