Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:59 am

Eh JC, how do you get those clips on Youtube, do you download from your Sky Box?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:02 am

To be honest, once Dzeko is in, aside from a few tweaks in defence I don't see who else we would be looking to bring in that wouldn't be balanced out by letting one leave. Mancini has HIS team now, he isn't getting sacked any time soon, so why would we need to buy further?

I can see us still being in the market for a CB in the summer, but that would be balanced out by £7m which is being quoted for Onouha and similar for Lescott. And despite it being early days I am struggling to see Kolarov as a defender or Boateng even as a footballer right now, but they need time - and besides why buy when we have an improving Micah and Zabba (POTY for me) in those positions instead as at this moment in time they are better players.

The comments are stupid and belie a total misunderstanding of what we actually have at city.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:24 am

Mancini has HIS team now

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel
Barry
Tevez

2 of those it is suggested are not worthy ( at the moment) so could reasonably be replaced by Zaba and Micah and they might improve the team.And what we have is a bunch of players before Mancini came in!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mancini has HIS team now

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel
Barry
Tevez

2 of those it is suggested are not worthy ( at the moment) so could reasonably be replaced by Zaba and Micah and they might improve the team.And what we have is a bunch of players before Mancini came in!

Why have you quoted those 8 players? Okay, they played on the weekend(if that's what you were going for), but no Silva or Yaya or Johnson, all bought under Mancini. If you were quoting the players who were bought before he was here, why include the fullbacks unless your intention was to point out it was said they weren't good enough.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 am

Come on Johnny we are waiting
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:34 am

YEAH!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:34 am

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel
Barry
Tevez

I was more referring to the fact that he had got rid of, or sidelined those he didnt want, Bellamy Adebayor, RSC, Bridge, SWP etc.

He doesn't have to go and replace all of them for it to be "his" team. He appears to be more than happy with Kompany, Toure, Nige, Barry, Tevez, Hart, Zabba etc as 1st team starting players, and has added to it with his own signings of Kolarov, Boateng, Johnson, Balotelli, Y Toure, Silva and Dzeko (imminently).

This is why I don't believe that the cunts on the suppository understand what is actually going on at City. Why for example would Mancini want to sign a replacement for any of the 11 on show yesterday, when I believe that he actually has the squad he wants now.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:39 am

Who is this mythical tier of players that the press keep referring to that are better than the current players we buy/bid for and that would only become available to us once we are in the Champions League?!

I keep hearing them banging on about how we can attract the 'really top names' once we are in the Champions League but Silva, Toure, Tevez, Dzeko are in the top bracket as far as I'm aware. The likes of Messi, Xavi, the tranny would never leave their respective clubs any way so who exactly are they referring to?
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Who is this mythical tier of players that the press keep referring to that are better than the current players we buy/bid for and that would only become available to us once we are in the Champions League?!

I keep hearing them banging on about how we can attract the 'really top names' once we are in the Champions League but Silva, Toure, Tevez, Dzeko are in the top bracket as far as I'm aware. The likes of Messi, Xavi, the tranny would never leave their respective clubs any way so who exactly are they referring to?

This is sort of the point I was trying to make with regards Mancini being happy with "his" team. We are at the very top of the "guns for hire" market, and there are no truly world class players in that market because they generally have a huge affinity to their club. You could argue Torres is a do-able transfer, but he isnt truly world class. A good player yes, but is he critical to our improvement, I would have to argue no, signing Torres now would be a luxury, not a necessity. (unless as a replacement for Tevez)

You are correct in saying that the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, (eg those in the truly world class bracket) would never become available. They, like we saw with Scholes, Giggs, in the past have got no reason to ever consider leaving the clubs that they currently play for, and for whom they have a special affinity.

When they do eventually leave, it will be because they are past the peak of their powers and although still quality players by that time, there is a reason why the club is happy to sell.

I really am struggling now to think who we could possibly "need" to buy
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 pm

WA
Slim wrote:

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel

Barry
Tevez

Why have you quoted those 8 players? Okay, they played on the weekend(if that's what you were going for), but no Silva or Yaya or Johnson, all bought under Mancini. If you were quoting the players who were bought before he was here, why include the fullbacks unless your intention was to point out it was said they weren't good enough.

I thought it has been blatently obvious Doug has never warmed to Mancini and will always have a veiled dig at him.......only begrudgingly giving him credit when its impossible not to.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel
Barry
Tevez

Come on Douglas, Sir!
suppositories take huge pays to embarass themselves pubblicly.
You don't and You also got a name and reputation to respect over Your widowhood's feelings...
We all know Boateng and Kolarov, along with temporarely not gettable D.Luiz were/are the best [young] stuff available for a very key role for our style of play. Time's fair justice, of which You're more aware than me.
When Mancini went in.... Vinnie was a DM back up, Nige was a single-dimension tackler only and my beloved Gazz was the target of huge slags from the Blues. I'll save You the point of how many goals Tevez had scored at the time, because it would be a merely rhetorical platitudes.
Should Roberto had not come how many time Cookie would have received a sounding "no, thanks" when trying to stretch the wallet?
How many further hundred millions pounds CITY And Sheiky would have been forced to spend on Croquesque or Bridgesque Players.
Don't get angry with me, though.
You know I do respect You utmost, Sir. Image

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:47 pm

This thread has gone a bit wierd.. not sure what the central argument is.. if there is one.

I would point out that Mancini is a lot more pragmatic than a lot of people give him credit for. Ok he has made some iffy decisions but in relation to players it seems to me he is sifting them out to find the ones who are reliable and are willing to improve their game.
The players who are now looking like fringe players are all the ones we have all identified as being hot and cold over the course of time. That is simply not good enough for a top team. New buys like Kolarov have to be given some leeway.. we all know that, it is basically a spot of luck if a player is able to drop right in and play to his best in a new league. So Mancini is in his rights to stick with playing the new buys as much as possible to give them the chance. He subbed Kolarov on Sat as he was struggling.. so there is obviously a cut off point that Bob realises and he is not so single minded to ignore.
Mancini has won over Micah, so he isn't going anywhere or going to get mardy, they all know that the best for the team is the whole squad to be up to speed and able to slot in and perform with a reliability that is as close to a fuclin machine as possible. That has to be the aim and that is what will win us stuff.
The only players imo that Mancini doesn't rate are the ones that are consistently unreliable through continued niggly injuries or not performing to the level required.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel
Barry
Tevez

Come on Douglas, Sir!
suppositories take huge pays to embarass themselves pubblicly.
You don't and You also got a name and reputation to respect over Your widowhood's feelings...
We all know Boateng and Kolarov, along with temporarely not gettable D.Luiz were/are the best [young] stuff available for a very key role for our style of play. Time's fair justice, of which You're more aware than me.
When Mancini went in.... Vinnie was a DM back up, Nige was a single-dimension tackler only and my beloved Gazz was the target of huge slags . I'll save You the point of how many goals Tevez had scored at the time, because it would be a merely rhetorical platitudes.
Should Roberto had not come how many time Cookie would have received a sounding "no, thanks" when trying to stretch the wallet?
How many further hundred millions pounds CITY And Sheiky would have been forced to spend on Croquesque or Bridgesque Players.
Don't get angry with me, though.
You know I do respect You utmost, Sir. Image

I think the admins got it wrong with the new legends, as that my friend was fucking funny
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Have time.
Just allow me to get some language lessons from BBS.

Edit: If I am addict to something it's to life...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 pm

johnpb78 wrote:To be honest, once Dzeko is in, aside from a few tweaks in defence I don't see who else we would be looking to bring in that wouldn't be balanced out by letting one leave. Mancini has HIS team now, he isn't getting sacked any time soon, so why would we need to buy further?

I can see us still being in the market for a CB in the summer, but that would be balanced out by £7m which is being quoted for Onouha and similar for Lescott. And despite it being early days I am struggling to see Kolarov as a defender or Boateng even as a footballer right now, but they need time - and besides why buy when we have an improving Micah and Zabba (POTY for me) in those positions instead as at this moment in time they are better players.

The comments are stupid and belie a total misunderstanding of what we actually have at city.

Right there john, in the words of the odious Lawrenson 'Kolarov's running through treacle' I think he was injured cos' he was taken off shortly after that incident but he does seem to be short on pace, and Boateng's reaction time is rather the opposite.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Eh JC, how do you get those clips on Youtube, do you download from your Sky Box?

Got an analogue/digital Arcsoft Total Media 3 TV tuner linked to my laptop with a satellite feed - hence I can directly record whatever is on the main Sky channel (which is distributed round the house via an amplifier). I can record TV Sky channels via a DVD Recorder as well and then copy to a DVD and convert the VR Movie file to mpeg and upload either to YT.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Eh JC, how do you get those clips on Youtube, do you download from your Sky Box?

Got an analogue TV tuner linked to my laptop with a satellite feed - hence I can directly record whatever is on the main Sky house channel. I can record TV Sky channels via a DVD Recorder as well and then copy to a DVD and convert the VR Movie file to mpeg and upload either to YT.

Why haven't you done today's shit man, we've been waiting all day :(
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Got an analogue TV tuner linked to my laptop with a satellite feed - hence I can directly record whatever is on the main Sky house channel. I can record TV Sky channels via a DVD Recorder as well and then copy to a DVD and convert the VR Movie file to mpeg and upload either to YT.

Why haven't you done today's shit man, we've been waiting all day :(

that was all they said about City I'm afraid
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:WA
Slim wrote:

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel

Barry
Tevez

I thought it has been blatently obvious Doug has never warmed to Mancini and will always have a veiled dig at him.......only begrudgingly giving him credit when its impossible not to.

Oh no they've said it Doug! Fight back, tell 'em it's nothing to do with Mancio not giving you a football, tell 'em Mancio's twice the manager Hughes was and Fausto's three times the coach Bowen was....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:WA
Slim wrote:

Interesting isn't it.
Joe Hart
Boateng
Vinnie
Lescott
Kolarov
Nigel

Barry
Tevez

Oh no they've said it Doug! Fight back, tell 'em it's nothing to do with Mancio not giving you a football, tell 'em Mancio's twice the manager Hughes was and Fausto's three times the coach Bowen was....

Hahaha I was pointing out that Mancini's "own team" is effectively the same defensively that was there before.The point being that we now have a good defensive set up with basically the same players.And yes I included the 2 full backs who played yesterday because our new defensive strength is nothing to do with Boatang and Kolarov. Didnt think that was too hard to work out but maybe it was for some.i.e massive credit to Mancini.
The key acquisitions thus are the attacking ones like AJ,Yaya and Silva to supplement Tevez who was already there. Mario can hopefully be added to that in time ( short time I hope)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum