hard working teams!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

hard working teams!

Postby michaelcityfan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Why do we struggle against these teams?, if the manager is in a track suit and they all run all over the place we seem to struggle. Can we not pass through them? Is it tactics ? bottle? work rate? anyone got any ideas because the premier league will have this sort of side every season. There will always be a Bolton, Wigan, Wolves, Stoke etc or other rubbish teams trying to stay in the league and its time we dealt with them. You dont see the other top sides struggle all the time maybe they lose the odd fixture but they see this sort of side as guaranteed points.
Has anyone got any sugestions or resaons we screw up with these sides. If we are going to be the guvnors of this league we have to do better.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Re: hard working teams!

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:34 pm

The team we have at the moment only seem to want to play the bigger clubs and dont look as though they are bothered what happens against the smaller teams. They clearly only like the high life and believe they are better than they realy are, big time charlies and its pissing me off.
This is the problem when you build a team like we have, they didn't grow dreaming of playing for City, they are here for the money end off.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:56 pm

The answer is Bellamy!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Crossie wrote:The answer is Bellamy!

You're not too far wrong there mate!

I think the problem is a lack of total team spirit in comparrison to the teams you mention... I'm not sure if that's down to the individuals or the manager failing to instill it, but I believe its the root cause.
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:51 pm

It is easier to stop someone creating than to create something yourself.

Defensive practices have changed enormously in the last six or seven years. Otto Rehhagel's work with Greece has been instrumental. Gaps are narrowing because of better defensive organisation. I find it interesting that teams that would have rolled over ten years ago now have a serious chance of winning. Sometimes we are going to be on the end of that - the staff of the club need to make sure this doesn't happen often if we are to progress - but we were on the other side of the fence against Chelsea and everyone seemed to be alright with it then.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:It is easier to stop someone creating than to create something yourself.

Defensive practices have changed enormously in the last six or seven years. Otto Rehhagel's work with Greece has been instrumental. Gaps are narrowing because of better defensive organisation. I find it interesting that teams that would have rolled over ten years ago now have a serious chance of winning. Sometimes we are going to be on the end of that - the staff of the club need to make sure this doesn't happen often if we are to progress - but we were on the other side of the fence against Chelsea and everyone seemed to be alright with it then.

Very good post Tokyo! I believe this is much more the case than lack of team spirit or passion. That said, we need to get that winners' mentality that Scum and Chelsea have, which very often sees them bagging late winners in tight games against lesser opponents.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Return to The Maine Football forum