YaYa Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: YaYa Toure

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 am

Lees Alter Ego wrote:Love it when he goes on one of this runs as people cant get near it.

He lost the ball every single time he went on one of his runs last night
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 am

You keep talking shit about yaya not pressing and tracking and all that, but getting the ball back wasnt our problem, but doing something with the ball was, and it wasnt yaya's problem as he often found himself alone in the oppsitions half, along with tevez.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:55 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:You keep talking shit about yaya not pressing and tracking and all that, but getting the ball back wasnt our problem, but doing something with the ball was, and it wasnt yaya's problem as he often found himself alone in the oppsitions half, along with tevez.

who?me?
to be fair he looks strong in a tackle,ill give him that but it counts for f**k all when each time he takes too much out of it and loses it.
if for example johnson went on 6 dribbling runs and lost the ball at the end everytime would you not feel the same.
running(the little he did)is great but if theres not end product its not worth jack s**t tbf!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:56 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:Love it when he goes on one of this runs as people cant get near it.

He lost the ball every single time he went on one of his runs last night

Was talking about the season in general. He did lose it more than normal last night to be fair, cant argue with that
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 am

So what end product do you expect when he's got no options whatsoever? I am really interested.
Funny enough, he freed himself a couple of times in one of our 2 men attacks but only for tevez to do something stupid with the ball.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:14 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:So what end product do you expect when he's got no options whatsoever? I am really interested.
Funny enough, he freed himself a couple of times in one of our 2 men attacks but only for tevez to do something stupid with the ball.

AD
i wrote this already,when he did have the option to pass and had the support he didnt use it.the players showed they werent happy with him.
i cant understand how you can defend his performance last night.
gaudy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 am

Not a great game from Yaya but also not that bad. It's easy in games like that to have a go at anyone who has an " attacking" role because a) we had very little attacking intent and support and b) the scum sat back in numbers to make sure we didn't get a sniff.

Yaya can play a forward midfield role although it certainly isn't his natural game but when he did get the ball there were so few options , sometimes none at all, that he was basically forced to hold on for too long and try things he really shouldnt be trying.

The 3 "attackers" we had all had the same problems. Tevez for me wasn't close to fully fit and didn't use the ball well and even Silva , who we all know is class, struggled because there were so little passing options .And to be fair his passing wasn't as good as usual.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:23 am

Posted in wrong thread! Sorry.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:25 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a great game from Yaya but also not that bad. It's easy in games like that to have a go at anyone who has an " attacking" role because a) we had very little attacking intent and support and b) the scum sat back in numbers to make sure we didn't get a sniff.

Yaya can play a forward midfield role although it certainly isn't his natural game but when he did get the ball there were so few options , sometimes none at all, that he was basically forced to hold on for too long and try things he really shouldnt be trying.

The 3 "attackers" we had all had the same problems. Tevez for me wasn't close to fully fit and didn't use the ball well and even Silva , who we all know is class, struggled because there were so little passing options .And to be fair his passing wasn't as good as usual.

DH hit the nail on the head. Quite simply this is why Yaya looked poo.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a great game from Yaya but also not that bad. It's easy in games like that to have a go at anyone who has an " attacking" role because a) we had very little attacking intent and support and b) the scum sat back in numbers to make sure we didn't get a sniff.

DH hit the nail on the head. Quite simply this is why Yaya looked poo.

I agree to some extent but it was also noticable that Toure was taking long rests between doing anything as he was knackered. Perhaps by next season that will be different.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 am

doug
while i see your and AD points his positon on the pitch and the lack of forward options has absolutely nothing to do with his casual strolling around not giving a f**k attitude.
numerous times the ball was near him and he watched it being played rather then running the 3 yards to close it down,
numerous times he was caught in limbo neither contributing to defence or attack,
the cameras picked up on it,the comentators picked up on it and i fail to see how some on here cant see it.
some people need to take off the blinkers.
gaudy

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 am

gaudy wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:So what end product do you expect when he's got no options whatsoever? I am really interested.

AD
i wrote this already,when he did have the option to pass and had the support he didnt use it.the players showed they werent happy with him.

I am not defending his performance at all, but I think that singling him out is harsh, specially when the whole team was shit offensively!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:41 am

HE was fucking shite but still better than De Jong in second half of last year's home derby.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:43 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:
gaudy wrote:

AD

I am not defending his performance at all, but I think that singling him out is harsh, specially when the whole team was shit offensively!

Wheras the rags were offensively shit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:HE was fucking shite but still better than De Jong in second half of last year's home derby.

hahahaha
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:
gaudy wrote:

AD

the WHOLE team WAS shit offensively,and im not singling him out as ive said earlier there was no one that stood out and mancinis tactics were more then strange.im giving my opinion on him and the reason im so pissed off with him is not the way he lost the ball ect ect its the causal lackadaisical attitude he had last nite,there is NO excuse for that.
gaudy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 am

gaudy wrote:doug
while i see your and AD points his positon on the pitch and the lack of forward options has absolutely nothing to do with his casual strolling around not giving a f**k attitude.
numerous times the ball was near him and he watched it being played rather then running the 3 yards to close it down,
numerous times he was caught in limbo neither contributing to defence or attack,
the cameras picked up on it,the comentators picked up on it and i fail to see how some on here cant see it.

The bit about not running 3 yards to close it down was a bit weird at times.I can't deny it happened but I also can't accept it's down to laziness so it's either fitness related or maybe that Mancini doesnt want him chasing around all over the place. I see enough of them training to know that Mancini is big on shape and if players do follow( chase) the ball it can affect the shape of the team. Usually when the ball was 3 yards away it was headed into an area where we were already covered so no big deal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:58 am

The most goals he has scored in his entire career is 6 that was barcelona before he came to city, Mancini played him against the rags as a center forward but he was also trying to get back into midfield and help defend i wouldnt call him lazy at all just used in the wrong way by mancini who because he will not risk adebayor in big games decided to play yaya in what would of been adebayor's position.

Look at last week yaya was breaking from the midfield with his powerhouse runs and picking out passes to wingers and forwards. But against the rags he was pushing forward then realising know one had the same ambition as him so had to turn his huge frame round and got caught in possesion. Maybe im the only one who agrees that alot of his team mates dont share his ambition to win big games.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:03 pm

He IS a playmaker though. So I've been told.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
gaudy wrote:doug

The bit about not running 3 yards to close it down was a bit weird at times.I can't deny it happened but I also can't accept it's down to laziness so it's either fitness related or maybe that Mancini doesnt want him chasing around all over the place. I see enough of them training to know that Mancini is big on shape and if players do follow( chase) the ball it can affect the shape of the team. Usually when the ball was 3 yards away it was headed into an area where we were already covered so no big deal.

maybe its fitness/laziness but cant see it being shape as he looked nether here nor there!he was just doing so many things wrong that a player of his calibre should not be doing it just leaves you scratching your head.
very very fustrating to watch.
gaudy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum