YaYa Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: YaYa Toure

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:The most goals he has scored in his entire career is 6 that was barcelona before he came to city, Mancini played him against the rags as a center forward but he was also trying to get back into midfield and help defend i wouldnt call him lazy at all just used in the wrong way by mancini who because he will not risk adebayor in big games decided to play yaya in what would of been adebayor's position.

Look at last week yaya was breaking from the midfield with his powerhouse runs and picking out passes to wingers and forwards. But against the rags he was pushing forward then realising know one had the same ambition as him so had to turn his huge frame round and got caught in possesion. Maybe im the only one who agrees that alot of his team mates dont share his ambition to win big games.

yes you are!thats the biggest crock of s**t ive read re yaya
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm

gaudy wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:The most goals he has scored in his entire career is 6 that was barcelona before he came to city, Mancini played him against the rags as a center forward but he was also trying to get back into midfield and help defend i wouldnt call him lazy at all just used in the wrong way by mancini who because he will not risk adebayor in big games decided to play yaya in what would of been adebayor's position.

Look at last week yaya was breaking from the midfield with his powerhouse runs and picking out passes to wingers and forwards. But against the rags he was pushing forward then realising know one had the same ambition as him so had to turn his huge frame round and got caught in possesion. Maybe im the only one who agrees that alot of his team mates dont share his ambition to win big games.

Well tell me why its a crock of shite? look at his history he as either been played as a defender of defensive midfielder not a center forward like he was played against the rags. Last week when he played in the middle and had balloteeli and tevez ahead of him everyone was saying how world class he is now all of a sudden he is the worst player in the world...

barry and milner are the pieces of the jigsaw that dont fit, de jong and toure would easily look after the back four and allow us to have 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

The biggest crock of shite is you calling him when he was played as a striker.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
gaudy wrote:

Well tell me why its a crock of shite? look at his history he as either been played as a defender of defensive midfielder not a center forward like he was played against the rags. Last week when he played in the middle and had balloteeli and tevez ahead of him everyone was saying how world class he is now all of a sudden he is the worst player in the world...

barry and milner are the pieces of the jigsaw that dont fit, de jong and toure would easily look after the back four and allow us to have 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Can I ask...are you his agent?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
gaudy wrote:

if you read my quotes i never once said he was the worst player in the world so please get your facts right before yo go shouting your mouth off.
i was referring to your last line,which i highlighted,not your post,about how the players dont share his ambition to win big games which can only be described as bolox.
Thanks
gaudy

Postby Mike J » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 pm

he was deployed as more of an attacker. as already mentioned, not what he is best at.

imo as much as i like gareth barry, he needs dropping. id stick yaya in the middle with de jong and milner leaving room for AJ to come in. (if we are going to continue with the current formation. hopefully it'll change when balo is available).

however much i want it to happen, it wont.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
gaudy wrote:

Can I ask...are you his agent?

No im defending a city player that i actually think gives more to our team than most of our midfield excluding de jong.

People are having a go at him because he is the highest paid player and came from barcelona and being played out of position against the rags and people slag him off.

You are all looking for an easy target to blame " yes blame the guy that was played as a striker who would actually of been better as a center half" the guy has no clue how to play upfront and it showed...

I really cant believe city fans are giving him this much stick.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 pm

gaudy wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
gaudy wrote:

if you read my quotes i never once said he was the worst player in the world so please get your facts right before yo go shouting your mouth off.
i was referring to your last line,which i highlighted,not your post,about how the players dont share his ambition to win big games which can only be described as bolox.
Thanks

I didnt say you said he was the worst player in the world i was exagerating the fact of this thread aimed to have a pop at him.

What has barry ever won ? what has milner or de jong ever won?

Yaya has won titles and near enough nullified a brilliant attacking rag team by himself in the champions league final when he played center half. Now lets all have a go at him when he is played as a striker against united lol, the thinking behind having a go at him is crazy imo but we all see the game diffrent.
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:43 pm

gaudy van tooty?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
gaudy wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
gaudy wrote:

Thanks

I didnt say you said he was the worst player in the world i was exagerating the fact of this thread aimed to have a pop at him.

What has barry ever won ? what has milner or de jong ever won?

Yaya has won titles and near enough nullified a brilliant attacking rag team by himself in the champions league final when he played center half. Now lets all have a go at him when he is played as a striker against united lol, the thinking behind having a go at him is crazy imo but we all see the game diffrent.

not having an debate with you when you clearly dont read/understand my posts.
i never once doubted the quality he has,bringing up what he has won,the postion he was played and how he played in the champions league final v utd has zero to do with what im on about.
your clearly on a different wave length to me and/or have misread/misinterpreted what im on about.
gaudy

Postby gaudy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Wooders wrote:gaudy van tooty?

ha ha,was he the guy that gave out about everything?
sorry, have had a few rough days!!
gaudy

Postby Blue2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Well I still love him and think he is a great player. Not one of his best last night, but not as bad as some make out and not our worst player.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Not sure if im the only one who is not surprised by Yaya, DH has a good point. I could get all smug about it but that would be stupid... while we were trying to sign him i was shouting from the rooftops that he was not the right player for the prem.. too ponderous and too lethargic and i really did not want us to bother with him. But as we did sign him then i am prepared to see what he can do to adjust to the demands of the prem. He is having to learn a totally new game and demand on him and if he is to be effective it will be a good while yet i am sure of that.. at least until next season possibly even more than that. His distrubution ability is good but then that is based on his Barca days when he had the luxury of time to view the scene, the prem affords him nothing of what he needs to be effective imo and he has a lot of learning to do to become a really useful player for us.
Given the right kind of game he will excel but others he will be the absolute opposite.

i will say that having seen him now playing in the prem i think he will get there in the end.. but like say Drogba it will take a hell of a lot of time.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Twobob » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Confirmd today!

He is fucking gash! Should have bossed the midfield today but he just couldnt be arsed, did he even break a sweat?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Twobob wrote:Confirmd today!

He is fucking gash! Should have bossed the midfield today but he just couldnt be arsed, did he even break a sweat?

WUM attempt?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Twobob » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Twobob wrote:Confirmd today!

WUM attempt?

Why not try a bit better instead of a childish remark? Break the mold from your usual posts.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:50 pm

I genuinely thought you were on a wum.
I am sorry then, you are just blind.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Twobob » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:I genuinely thought you were on a wum.

Apology accepted, but blind people have no opinion worth your attention either? As i am obviously visually impaired, please explain to me why my expression is so way off the mark.

Think of it as charity.

Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Twobob wrote:

Apology accepted, but blind people have no opinion worth your attention either? As i am obviously visually impaired, please explain to me why my expression is so way off the mark.

Think of it as charity.

I dont know where you watched the game, but if it was on tv, then i cant believe how you havent noticed his shirt.
He didnt even break a sweat? Pfffft

He was easily top 3 arsed players today.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Twobob » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Twobob wrote:

Think of it as charity.

I dont know where you watched the game, but if it was on tv, then i cant believe how you havent noticed his shirt.
He didnt even break a sweat? Pfffft

He was easily top 3 arsed players today.

Where my season ticket is since we moved to eastlands thanks.

If you are strugling to detail his good points in a City shirt then try breaking them into bullet points, 3 should suffice.

In truth, i am more disapointed in him than pissed off. Dave has adapted but yaya just doesnt seem arsed.

Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 am

I thought Yaya was quite good. He created a bit and completed some nice passes.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum