4 Points Ahead of the Chasing Pack

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 4 Points Ahead of the Chasing Pack

Postby The Goose » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 am

Dameerto wrote:Welcome to the boards GOOSE - it was good to take a GANDER a your first few posts (see what I did there?). I agree with you about Mancini's longterm strategy and can see why he makes his decisions, though I know it will frustrate (and has frustrated) a lot of the fans.

Thanks for the welcome fella. My feelings on Mancini have gone up and down since he was appointed. I believe he will get results, but I worry that his caustic style of management will also alienate some players. As long as we keep winning nobody will give a crap.
The Goose
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:32 pm

The Goose wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Welcome to the boards GOOSE - it was good to take a GANDER a your first few posts (see what I did there?). I agree with you about Mancini's longterm strategy and can see why he makes his decisions, though I know it will frustrate (and has frustrated) a lot of the fans.

Thanks for the welcome fella. My feelings on Mancini have gone up and down since he was appointed. I believe he will get results, but I worry that his caustic style of management will also alienate some players. As long as we keep winning nobody will give a crap.

I like your style Goose, welcome along!

I worry IF this brand of football continues it will not only alienate some players, but also some fans. Anyway, lets knock the shit out of these brummies and write the derby off as a bad day at the office!
Original Dub

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:42 am

The Goose wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Manicini didn't say 4th was his ultimate target. He said if the season ended now and we were 4th he'd be happy.

But the season doesn't end now, and he said targets can change. He expects the squad to improve, play better together, and to get rid of the dead wood and get another decent striker in January - at least.

His aims are much higher than that, despite this week's heavy criticism.

He said about hurling into the attack against United, or scoring 3 or 4 goals "EEz jus not possible". With that he meant with Tevez limping, Balotelli out and no other fast striker to call on, and the team not yet firing on all cylinders, it is imperative to not let them score, and take it from there. It's already an improvement on last year.

By the second derby "Eet will be possible".

Mark my Prick's words:

55 % City will finish 3rd
45 % City will finish 2nd

and upon both circumstances City will travel to Dublin... :-)

You have a psychic prick - that's weird fella~! :-P

Reading John's post, I have to say mate that it pretty much reads as a City press release. No offense and I hope you don't take it wrong! I just mean in the sense that you've stated nothing different to what Roberto said after the game in midweek.

I think we can all sit tight for the moment because there is still a long long road ahead of us. I am cautiously optimistic that we are still capable, with the right results between now and Christmas, to go into the new year still fighting for the title. What is crucial is that we cut out the daft dropped points against lesser sides. Starting today! C'mon City!

Cheers Goose.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:..... and we have already played every other team in top 4 + Scousepool and Tottenham. Brilliant work so far and we are right on target!

What a load of shit.

4th was our target last season, somehting mancini said he would be able to achieve with the group of players there when he took over (from press conference with Cook when mancini was appointed) so surely we have to have a bigger goal after the summers outlay.

with hughes we were not getting beat and if he had silva, yaya, milner, AJ and a settled carlos i am sure some of them draws would be turned into wins.

i hope our players can pull together, scrape into 4th and then get mancini out straight away in the summer. he is a shit manager and our season will blow up big style if he stays much longer. This is a manager who could'nt even get the Sunderland job when he applied for it and only seemed to get the city job due to a friendship with Kaldoon.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:39 pm

This points stuff is very poignaint as I feel Mancio has a set strategy to attain his goal. Like a good manager he will have sat down with his guru's after the fixtures were relaeased and worked out where he needed to stick or twist. I also think he has tried to work out the points totals for all the other front-runners and that is why he is able to predict comfortably who will win the league and who we will be fighting with.

The problem is, I don't think everything has gone to plan and we are currently behind the curve with the Wolves and Brum games, and that's why he is probably a little flustered. I can now see him getting a bit more adventurous and allowing the lads a little more freedom in an attempt to make up for lost ground, as he is not one who likes to fail and will want to make that target at all costs, even if it does compromise his ways.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:57 pm

If I was Ancelloti I'd resign now.

Blimey, Chelsea are away at Birmingham next week and they've just robbed City of two points and we beat Chelsea easy and were dead unlucky not to win at Sunderland and Sunderland just tonked Chelsea and Sunderland drew with Birmingham ( and beat Liverpool).

Will we by the time we play them, keep Fulham in the bottom three next week ? Cos Wigan must surely draw with those pensioners at OT , the X bandits and
Brum will surely tonk Chelsea.

So, basically, things just keep getting harder to predict in the PL. Simply not like the concensus in the Media, it's a difficult league this season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum