AJ

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: AJ

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:Silva HAS to be played centrally (even more so if Tevez is on the pitch) even if it means sacrificing Milner as a wide player. Milner's work rate and defensive capabilities more than make up for it.

Regardless of whether it's a big target man or a smaller quicker forward like Tevez, if you see a player moving out of the middle into wider or deeper positions, it's in order to find space, get the ball a get some creativity. The reason why we tend to see Silva stay in the middle, is possibly because he has more patience from playing in the slower Spanish game?

Because the English game is quicker, I think he is prepared to wait a little longer in orde to find a seam for a pass, because things can change so quickly. Your thoughts?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

I think Silva starting centrally gives him the message to boss the game and CREATE - if he starts wide he's in the mindset to be fed balls by the midfield and to continue attacks rather than creating them - he is called the magician in Spain for a reason and since we lack that creative threat without him our performances tend to stall.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue2 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Well he got his chance many have been clamouring for and.............. he was crap. Needs to sort his head out, he's not as good as he thinks he is.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby ant london » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:58 am

Blue2 wrote:Well he got his chance many have been clamouring for and.............. he was crap. Needs to sort his head out, he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Agree.....he was toilet yesterday
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby sheiks and camels » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:19 am

got to agree he was crap yesterday, the throw in that boateng took to him and he played it back in first half he stood with his arms out as if its not his fault. then his shot when he took it on his bad side instead of playing in silva.i think he is a cocky little shit who reckons like the papers that he is top notch when he really needs to improve a lot more to get to the top
sheiks and camels
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Calos Tevez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum