LiveOnlineFooty

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: LiveOnlineFooty

Postby Jon London » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:22 pm

It was shaky in places but on the plus side on Channel 7 you could get widescreen and to be fair the commentary was excellent today and Trevor Francis was in good form (probably hates the Albion)
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby ruralblue » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 am

I have subscribed to live online for a couple of years and never once had a problem. I did however suss a couple of weeks ago that watching it through my ps3 increases the quality ten fold. For some reason connection seems better, little buffering and the clarity on 4:9 on 32 inch is fantastic. Well worth £6 every couple months.

rural x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Just for info sake.
I am running my second Lolf subscription and since sunday everything worked fine. I tend to watch city through them only for UEL's games as since now SKY Italia only missed 2 EPL games and no one FA Cup's.

Well, the news is: after the lacklustre game vs. Fulham - suddenly and without any previous notice - "my account has been disabled. please contact the web_fucklin_master"...
I obviously tried to apply either to the online support web chat and to the webmaster [scott@liveonlinefooty.com] but , since now [i.e. for the last 4 full days!] nobody get bothered even to reply me a fuck off!

so, while I am always keen to understand a possible technical error, I though it would have been worth an advise.
Ok I am talking of only 6 miserable quids, but, as it stands, I have to rely on bloody soapcast/veetle to watch the Kiev A & H games, as in Italy UEL is an exclusive of Mediaset DVB, and I will never pay a penny to a company owned by the fucking criminal of mr. Berluskoni.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:Just for info sake.
I am running my second Lolf subscription and since sunday everything worked fine. I tend to watch city through them only for UEL's games as since now SKY Italia only missed 2 EPL games and no one FA Cup's.

Well, the news is: after the lacklustre game vs. Fulham - suddenly and without any previous notice - "my account has been disabled. please contact the web_fucklin_master"...
I obviously tried to apply either to the online support web chat and to the webmaster [scott@liveonlinefooty.com] but , since now [i.e. for the last 4 full days!] nobody get bothered even to reply me a fuck off!

so, while I am always keen to understand a possible technical error, I though it would have been worth an advise.
Ok I am talking of only 6 miserable quids, but, as it stands, I have to rely on bloody soapcast/veetle to watch the Kiev A & H games, as in Italy UEL is an exclusive of Mediaset DVB, and I will never pay a penny to a company owned by the fucking criminal of mr. Berluskoni.

I would have thought that a marine billionaire like yourself you could afford to have what I have.....sky and a big fucking satellite dish erected??

Liveonline ??? pahhh
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Carl_ my naughty Boy... :-)
You know how to drive my arse...
for sake of good order and to stand by your wind up, I am not a fucking billionaire but just a working class product who happens to get a decent revenue from his hard work, if and when I stop working, my revenue turns down to zero.
I was only deemed to issue an advice to the sailors.

ciao pistol_prick_kid.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:Carl_ my naughty Boy... :-)
You know how to drive my arse...
for sake of good order and to stand by your wind up, I am not a fucking billionaire but just a working class product who happens to get a decent revenue from his hard work, if and when I stop working, my revenue turns down to zero.
I was only deemed to issue an advice to the sailors.

ciao pistol_prick_kid.

So what you are saying is that if you ever go skint you are going to sell your arse to sailors to make ends meet?

Glad we cleared that up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Is it just me or has the quality of their streams gone worse since last season or are my memories of last season just too rosy?
I'm just watching the Stoke-Chelsea game from the "High BW" channel and I'd say it's only as good as the normal streams were last season. The same applied to the community shield match too.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Is it just me or has the quality of their streams gone worse since last season or are my memories of last season just too rosy?
I'm just watching the Stoke-Chelsea game from the "High BW" channel and I'd say it's only as good as the normal streams were last season. The same applied to the community shield match too.

i watched dippers game yest and it was fine, i know they have signed up a lot more members this season than before so maybe thats effecting it?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:57 pm

I had a lot of trouble getting streams to work early on & watched some of the dippers 1st half on P2P.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 am

anyone using lof on a Mac ? what is the vid format?

also out of interest anyone signed up to any other online footie provider. any comparisons / recommendations or warnings?

pm me if you prefer. ta
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 am

brite blu sky wrote:anyone using lof on a Mac ? what is the vid format?

also out of interest anyone signed up to any other online footie provider. any comparisons / recommendations or warnings?

pm me if you prefer. ta

Avoid freelivefooty.com or something like that. I once mixed that up with LOF and that was a horrible site.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 am

ok cheers for that moonchesteri.. any knowledge of vid formats on lof.. anyone? do you have to install extra software on your PC or just works in the browser?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am

No worries i think i've found that the LOF rivers will work through Mplayer or VLC on the Mac
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby gilford » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:09 am

I run a Mac Mini as a HTPC and subscribe to LOF. No need to download anything, just select the channel and use the browsers flash player (I use Firefox). As with YouTube there is a little button to click in the bottom of the window which makes it full size :)

I was very impressed with the quality of the Arsenal game as it was streamed via the ESPN HD channel. The Dippers game was ok, very watchable but obviously not as good as normal TV viewing.

All in all for the £6 it is really worth getting for the 3pm games alone!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am

thanks gilford.. i've got the same set up with a mini serving a big lcd screen ( that i also use for my main computing screen for work and everything - it is a good set up). Anyways good to know it is flash based video, easy peasy.
Out of interest i have switched to Chrome as i have found it faster than Firefox in general - i doubt there is a difference in the flash playback quality/speed though tbh.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby gilford » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:43 am

I'm guessing it will work fine on all browsers, I just stick to Firefox because of the handy plug-ins :-)

If only they could release an in-app browser for Plex....................
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm

gilford wrote:I'm guessing it will work fine on all browsers, I just stick to Firefox because of the handy plug-ins :-)

If only they could release an in-app browser for Plex....................

i use the flash player on Chrome just fine. LOF is tops. i've rarely ever had an issue. i think this is like the 3rd or 4th year i've just signed up for the season pass straight away since i usually end up watching the few, and believe me you there are very few, City matches that aren't televised here in the US...but it's also good in case i need a footy fix without having the main TV blaring football all day and the trouble yelling at me for watching the football all day long.

ended up watching the last half of the filth on it this weekend and it was a great stream..except they needed to do something about the result. I'm guessing if it were Italian football we could pay a premium rate to get the results we wanted as well, right? Progress.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah ^^^

Exactly the same as Doom. Fourth year now. Can't recommend it highly enough, though it has been a little shit this pre-season for me, but I think that's because they've made a new website and there has been a few teething problems. I'll let them off though as even sports streaming sites can be rusty pre-season and they seem to be getting their act back together now :)

I watch it on mac too. No problems. Same as watching any video online. No software needed.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 pm

twosips wrote:Yeah ^^^

Exactly the same as Doom. Fourth year now. Can't recommend it highly enough, though it has been a little shit this pre-season for me, but I think that's because they've made a new website and there has been a few teething problems. I'll let them off though as even sports streaming sites can be rusty pre-season and they seem to be getting their act back together now :)

I watch it on mac too. No problems. Same as watching any video online. No software needed.

i actually just also got a new Samsung Galaxy android tablet from work running Verizon's 4G network which is blazingly fast, and watching LOF on a tablet is actually really fantastic stuff. i also watched a City match in a cab on my HTC android phone using Verizon's 4G network and LOF and it was really, for a phone, amazing.

the world is getting so small...my cab driver, who happened to be Cameroonian and a huge footy fan was kind of losing his mind that i was able to do that and follow the action. Bear in mind that the HTC phone has a pretty big screen of course.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

:o

Jealous. Very. I normally run to a starbucks as I always tend to have my macbook with me. I actually have a HTC HD7, but as its a window's phone its not flash compatible at the moment, which is fucking frustrating as it technically does have the biggest screen on the smart phone market so it'd be great. Grrr. Though standard phone internet speed wouldn't be fast enough anyway I guess.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum