What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Mase wrote:Pep said he wouldn't play Yaya until he apologised. He left him out of he Champions League squad.

Well then Yaya was still in Pep's plans, since Pep planned for a scenario that included Yaya if he apologised. And Pep probably rated the likelihood of Yaya apologising to be pretty high.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:45 pm

bigblue wrote:Glad I could clear it up for you. So to sum up what we've learned today:

1. Those who write off Yaya will be proven wrong almost every time.
Yaya is the only reason? 4 at the back might be a reason, in fact most people might think that the major reason.
2. Yaya was always in Pep's plans for this season.
I'm sure Pep's plan was to go 6 matches without a win, plans change.
3. Pep knows the proper way to use an incredible player like Yaya.
By selling him once at Barcelona and trying to sell him again this Summer?
4. I never attended boarding school.
I don't know if you'd have had any friends if you had, but I'm completely sure I don't care.
5. I have no friends at the boarding school that I never attended.
See above.
6. Kolarov is still a massive liability when he has to do the defending part of being a defender
You criticize a City fan for having a favourite City player in a thread that has nothing to do with him?
7. You are a thin-skinned idiot who wrote off Yaya and was proven wrong (see point 1)
If he was thin-skinned, why would he choose Kolarov?

And just to clarify, this is the OP.

King Kev wrote:Because I can see no reason at all why he continues to get picked or how he manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes whilst contributing fuck all to the team.

Notice your smugness didn't extend to criticism of one of the site owners, wonder why that is.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Slim wrote:
bigblue wrote:Glad I could clear it up for you. So to sum up what we've learned today:

1. Those who write off Yaya will be proven wrong almost every time.
Yaya is the only reason? 4 at the back might be a reason, in fact most people might think that the major reason.
2. Yaya was always in Pep's plans for this season.
I'm sure Pep's plan was to go 6 matches without a win, plans change.
3. Pep knows the proper way to use an incredible player like Yaya.
By selling him once at Barcelona and trying to sell him again this Summer?
4. I never attended boarding school.
I don't know if you'd have had any friends if you had, but I'm completely sure I don't care.
5. I have no friends at the boarding school that I never attended.
See above.
6. Kolarov is still a massive liability when he has to do the defending part of being a defender
You criticize a City fan for having a favourite City player in a thread that has nothing to do with him?
7. You are a thin-skinned idiot who wrote off Yaya and was proven wrong (see point 1)
If he was thin-skinned, why would he choose Kolarov?

And just to clarify, this is the OP.

King Kev wrote:Because I can see no reason at all why he continues to get picked or how he manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes whilst contributing fuck all to the team.

Notice your smugness didn't extend to criticism of one of the site owners, wonder why that is.

'Played Slim.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Well Slim, all your responses to my wonderful list are either nonsense or just plain boring, so I'll skip that for this strange idea:

Slim wrote:

Hmmmm, strange indeed. Is bigblue afraid to disagree with those who control the board? Do the site owners have a file of compromising personal details on bigblue? Is there a secret agreement that bigblue has made with the site owners to withhold criticism? Maybe bigblue is a flat-track bully who only picks on those he considers weak? Or his outburst of smugness might be a desperate attempt to instill meaning in his sad, lonely and miserable life? What does 4 at the back have to do with people writing off Yaya? Friends? Boarding schools? Mysteries abound Slim...

Maybe (just maybe) I didn't include the site owners because my post was about this season, and specifically the posters who replied to me saying Yaya was finished. And you just might be able to go back every year/few months since this thread started and see a similar post from me. It's almost as if the conversation evolves over time, yet one fact remains:

Those who write off Yaya are proven wrong almost every time.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Yaya Toure is the best player ever to wear a City shirt....bar none.
Without him we'd still be waiting for a trophy.
No doubt whatsoever in my mind.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 pm

bigblue wrote:Well Slim, all your responses to my wonderful list are either nonsense or just plain boring, so I'll skip that for this strange idea:

Slim wrote:

Hmmmm, strange indeed. Is bigblue afraid to disagree with those who control the board? Do the site owners have a file of compromising personal details on bigblue? Is there a secret agreement that bigblue has made with the site owners to withhold criticism? Maybe bigblue is a flat-track bully who only picks on those he considers weak? Or his outburst of smugness might be a desperate attempt to instill meaning in his sad, lonely and miserable life? What does 4 at the back have to do with people writing off Yaya? Friends? Boarding schools? Mysteries abound Slim...

Maybe (just maybe) I didn't include the site owners because my post was about this season, and specifically the posters who replied to me saying Yaya was finished. And you just might be able to go back every year/few months since this thread started and see a similar post from me. It's almost as if the conversation evolves over time, yet one fact remains:

Your ability to skip points is debatable considering you addressed them in your nonsensical reply.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:19 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Yaya Toure is the best player ever to wear a City shirt....bar none.

just a shame that he's a massive prick
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:19 pm

bigblue wrote:Well Slim, all your responses to my wonderful list are either nonsense or just plain boring, so I'll skip that for this strange idea:

Slim wrote:

Why does bigblue refer to himself in the third person? You forgot that one.

Honestly. Don't do that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Why does bigblue refer to himself in the third person? You forgot that one.

Honestly. Don't do that.

I see you've learned how to make a line break between paragraphs. Congrats.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Yaya Toure is the best player ever to wear a City shirt....bar none.

just a shame that he's a massive prick

I don't care what his character off the field is....it's mostly made up media shit anyway. He is a truly fantastic player and has won us trophies by being there. You should have more respect. Yes he had a very difficult 18 months under Pellers....but his brother died. He was grieving. Your comment doesn't make sense to me. Sorry.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Slim wrote:Your ability to skip points is debatable considering you addressed them in your nonsensical reply.

I've said it before, but it is quite an accomplishment that you have almost 30,000 posts without managing to be remotely interesting in a single one. I've been more captivated listening to Ben Carson speak than reading your posts
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 pm

In my lifetime he's contending with Tevez, Silva and Aguero for that accolade.

To say we wouldn't have won a trophy without him is daft. We wouldn't have them all, but not one at all, sorry got to call bullshit on that one.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Great player no doubt. We would have not won the trophies without him? He was instrumental in both titles. Probably the cups as well. Its a huge pity he hired that utter prick of an agent who made a cunt of him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:06 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

To say we wouldn't have won a trophy without him is daft. We wouldn't have them all, but not one at all, sorry got to call bullshit on that one.

Well, he scored the only goals in the FA Cup semi final and final. He scored both goals in the absolutely crucial away game at Newcastle otherwise the QPR game would have been academic. He scored the equaliser in the Carling Cup final (or whatever it was called then) with a stunning goal. Our second title was won with an attacking midfielder scoring over 20 goals in a Premier League season for the second time only in history the other one by Frank Lampard.
I genuinely believe it's a reasonable argument. Yes we have other great players, but this guy is a big game player and comes up with the goods when most needed as per the above instances !
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 am

Oh and by the way he scored the winning penalty in last years League Cup Final !
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 am

Oh and by the way he scored the winning penalty in last years League Cup Final !
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 am

bigblue wrote:
Slim wrote:Your ability to skip points is debatable considering you addressed them in your nonsensical reply.

I've said it before, but it is quite an accomplishment that you have almost 30,000 posts without managing to be remotely interesting in a single one. I've been more captivated listening to Ben Carson speak than reading your posts

Is that it?

You are aware how that point disproves itself right? In order for you to know I haven't posted anything interesting in near 30,000 posts you'd have to have read all 30,000 posts. Anyone who does that obviously finds me fascinating.

And of course my reply to you was probably something similar to back then, I still don't care. I find it amusing that you criticise someone for having a lot of posts like that's a point. Maybe we should look at your join date and compare that with when the bandwagon started to fill up. But I'd never question someone's support of this club or this website, I'll leave that to lesser minds with glib replies. You're up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:52 am

bigblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Why does bigblue refer to himself in the third person? You forgot that one.

Honestly. Don't do that.

I see you've learned how to make a line break between paragraphs. Congrats.

Thanks.

Very much.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:53 am

Sparklehorse wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Well, he scored the only goals in the FA Cup semi final and final. He scored both goals in the absolutely crucial away game at Newcastle otherwise the QPR game would have been academic. He scored the equaliser in the Carling Cup final (or whatever it was called then) with a stunning goal. Our second title was won with an attacking midfielder scoring over 20 goals in a Premier League season for the second time only in history the other one by Frank Lampard.
I genuinely believe it's a reasonable argument. Yes we have other great players, but this guy is a big game player and comes up with the goods when most needed as per the above instances !

I'm well aware of all that, but you're telling me you can guarantee if those cup games finished 0-0 we'd have lost everyone in et or pens? You're telling me nasri scoring v Sunderland would have still seen us ship another goal after?

Sorry but what u said is nonsense and I rightly explained that yes some of those games might have gone the other way, but to assume all of them would or that whoever played in his place wouldn't have done a job in at least one of them is silly.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby PrezIke » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

just a shame that he has a massiveego

Fixed.

Since Pep says he's apparently "a very nice guy."
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum