What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:Every time i read name of thread i smile

Read it during match games then make Jolly posts in the match thread :-)
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 09, 2014 10:50 pm

roblues wrote:
The only 'record' that TV mentioned was that he was the first midfielder to score 20 since Lampard in 08/09

Thanks. I was referring to someone on here but thanks for the clarification.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby gillie » Fri May 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Hammann said he is a liability really Didi bet you wish you could turn back time lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat May 10, 2014 2:32 pm

His goal on Wednesday reminded me of Thiery Henry in his prime. The way he effortlessly cruises past the defenders and just nonchalantly lifts the ball into the net. Wow.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 pm

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Whinges like a toddler if he doesn't get to be the main man.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed May 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Apparently he was the most efficient and accurate of the top ten most prolific league scorers in Europe last season

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pi ... 28566.html
Saul Goodman

Postby Slim » Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:His goal on Wednesday reminded me of Thiery Henry in his prime. The way he effortlessly cruises past the defenders and just nonchalantly lifts the ball into the net. Wow.

When he took off from halfway I just knew it was a goal, I think the crowd did as well from their reaction.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Really likes his cake apparently.

Not going to let this thread disappear and let KK off the hook just yet)
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby phips » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:53 am

he changes his mind a lot

Yaya Toure has once again underlined his commitment to Manchester City, insisting he wants to remain at Eastlands for "as long as possible".

Toure’s future at City looked uncertain after his agent Dimitry Seluk suggested the 31-year-old felt he had been treated disrespectfully by the club.

A poor World Cup with the Ivory Coast and the death of his younger brother Ibrahim to cancer saw further doubt cast on Toure’s City future, but the former Barcelona midfielder insists he is going nowhere.

"It was not a case of leaving the club. It was difficult because my situation was quite difficult," he told the club's official website.

"For me I was always quiet and my decision, if you want to say it like that, is that I will stay at Manchester City for as long as possible."

Toure, who scored 24 goals and contributed 12 assists from 49 appearances for City last season, hopes the club reinforces the squad in the coming weeks in order to challenge on multiple fronts.

"I hope a couple of players sign in because we need to try to build a massive club because if we want to be the best we need to win every trophy possible," he added.

"We are looking for the Champions League - that is an important title this year and the Premier League is going to be a battle as well between Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool too.

"I think it's going to be very open. We know we are the team to beat but we have the confidence and we have the fantastic players coming and I hope this year's going to be the same."
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:06 am

Couldn't be Yaya quotes, there's not a single "you know" in there. Fake.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 am

As I said at the time; Yaya rambles. Half of that interview, you can't tell what the fuck he is saying or exactly what he means but the gist of it seems to be that he was struggling because of his brother's situation. His agent probably jumped on such a ramble when Yaya was sounding off about something on the phone & quoted his chosen bits for the media, only to then realise he had made a right dick of himself as there was video of Yaya receiving cakes, handshakes etc & he had obviously got the wrong message. It was clearly something else Yaya was moaning about, & he missed it.

The comment about wanting to stay at City for a long time, shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone, as that is exactly what was said next, at the time everyone wanted to hang him. If you remember, his agent said he wanted to stay on at City after his career finished & be an ambassador for the club. That was AFTER all the shit with the cake etc, but for some reason everybody remembered & kept referring to his other earlier comments but decided to ignore that one.

That was the last official word on the subject from Yaya's camp, until now. The rest was 'reportedly' said in magazine interviews in French etc.

Yaya was off his head & his agent used it to try & stoke up a transfer, then backtracked on it. The media, plus City fans, kept it alive for another month afterwards.

City yet again outclassed everyone in the way they dealt with it & are the only ones to emerge with any credit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Yaya is the last of the mercenaries that joined us.

The rest seem very professional, so hopefully when he goes it will be the end of the ridiculous shit that the likes of him and tevez pursued.

Excellent player so I'm happy he's staying. Hopefully he makes up for a summer of embarrassment with his perfomrances. Like tevez did.

Fucking footballers. Get on with it you ungrateful cunts.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 pm

From the Beeb. Not sure why they highlighted the 'Massive' part though. Seems that a Rag written it.

Yaya Toure: Man City midfielder - my future is at Etihad

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has said he wants to stay at the club for "as long as possible".

Reports this summer suggested that the 31-year-old Ivory Coast international was unhappy at Etihad Stadium.

The player's agent, Dimitry Seluk, had claimed Toure felt "disrespected" by the Premier League champions' owners.

But Toure told City's website: "It was not a case of leaving the club. It was difficult because my situation was quite difficult."

Seluk claimed the player's birthday was ignored by the club's owners when the squad arrived in the United Arab Emirates to celebrate their Premier League title triumph in May.

Toure appeared to support that claim on his Twitter account, before later suggesting he did not know which club he would be playing for in the coming season.

Seluk then told BBC Sport his client wanted a "job for life" at the club despite his upset at his treatment.

And Toure's latest interview reaffirms that position, with him saying: "For me I was always quiet and my decision is that I will stay at Manchester City for as long as possible."

Toure, who signed a new four-year deal last season, also wants to see more signings in the coming weeks to help establish City as a "massive" club.

He added: "If we want to be the best, we need to win every trophy possible."
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:Yaya is the last of the mercenaries that joined us.

The rest seem very professional, so hopefully when he goes it will be the end of the ridiculous shit that the likes of him and tevez pursued.

Excellent player so I'm happy he's staying. Hopefully he makes up for a summer of embarrassment with his perfomrances. Like tevez did.

Fucking footballers. Get on with it you ungrateful cunts.

Amen. An apology would have been nice.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bigblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:39 pm

It was difficult because my situation was quite difficult.

This sentence should sum up how well most footballers can express themselves. Skipping school to kick a rubber ball from the age of 5, what do you expect...

Fans should give him a break since we aren't winning the PL or CL this year without him. And thats what you pay for isn't it? Being able to see great football and watch your team lift a trophy at the end. Let the media blab on about the sideshow and focus on the main event.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm

bigblue wrote:
It was difficult because my situation was quite difficult.

This sentence should sum up how well most footballers can express themselves. Skipping school to kick a rubber ball from the age of 5, what do you expect...

Fans should give him a break since we aren't winning the PL or CL this year without him. And thats what you pay for isn't it? Being able to see great football and watch your team lift a trophy at the end. Let the media blab on about the sideshow and focus on the main event.

That line stuck out like a sore thumb to me immediately as well
Saul Goodman

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 pm

What situation was that?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What situation was that?

The difficult one.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:35 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Every time i read name of thread i smile

So pleased I was able to do something that makes you smile for 3 years! :o)
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum