What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 pm

I always remember that game at Newcastle when we won 2-0 he was just immense that day.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Slim wrote:Is that it?

You are aware how that point disproves itself right? In order for you to know I haven't posted anything interesting in near 30,000 posts you'd have to have read all 30,000 posts. Anyone who does that obviously finds me fascinating.

And of course my reply to you was probably something similar to back then, I still don't care. I find it amusing that you criticise someone for having a lot of posts like that's a point. Maybe we should look at your join date and compare that with when the bandwagon started to fill up. But I'd never question someone's support of this club or this website, I'll leave that to lesser minds with glib replies. You're up.

Once again, your lack of reading comprehension lets you down. I'm not criticizing you for making a lot of posts. I'm pointing out the remarkable lack of substance and personality in practically every one that I've read. I've never questioned your support for City either, so I don't know where you are getting that from.

Your inability to respond to the actual words in a post is nothing new though. For example:

1. Those who write off Yaya will be proven wrong almost every time.
Yaya is the only reason? 4 at the back might be a reason, in fact most people might think that the major reason.
2. Yaya was always in Pep's plans for this season.
I'm sure Pep's plan was to go 6 matches without a win, plans change.
3. Pep knows the proper way to use an incredible player like Yaya.
By selling him once at Barcelona and trying to sell him again this Summer?

1. What on earth does us playing 4 at the back have to do with fans or Pep writing off Yaya? I don't even know how that's related, yet alone the main reason.

2. If Pep left the invitation for Yaya to return, then he was always in his plans. Maybe not in his planned starting lineup, but Yaya was definitely in Pep's plans for the season or else he wouldn't be in the squad (see Joe, Nasri, Bony, Mangeler, Denayer...). Us losing 6 games has less to do with Yaya starting, than does injuries and Yaya's current form. As I've said before, they get along very well in any video that I've seen from CityTV. It's obvious that Pep respects Yaya very much and trusts him to help the team carry out his tactics on the field.

3. What does Pep selling Yaya at Barcelona have to do with the price of beans? Because he prefers another player (Sergio Biscuits), it means he doesn't know how to play Yaya? The same Yaya who played 40 times in 08-09 to win the treble and started at CB in the champs league final? Yeah, Pep really doesn't know how to use him...

That's like saying because I sold my sports car for a electric car (to better fit my daily commute), that I don't know how to drive the sports car. Like most of your points, it's just unrelated half-thoughts and nonsense.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Yaya Toure is the best player ever to wear a City shirt....bar none.
Without him we'd still be waiting for a trophy.
No doubt whatsoever in my mind.

In my lifetime he's contending with Tevez, Silva and Aguero for that accolade.

To say we wouldn't have won a trophy without him is daft. We wouldn't have them all, but not one at all, sorry got to call bullshit on that one.

Well, he scored the only goals in the FA Cup semi final and final. He scored both goals in the absolutely crucial away game at Newcastle otherwise the QPR game would have been academic. He scored the equaliser in the Carling Cup final (or whatever it was called then) with a stunning goal. Our second title was won with an attacking midfielder scoring over 20 goals in a Premier League season for the second time only in history the other one by Frank Lampard.
I genuinely believe it's a reasonable argument. Yes we have other great players, but this guy is a big game player and comes up with the goods when most needed as per the above instances !

I'm well aware of all that, but you're telling me you can guarantee if those cup games finished 0-0 we'd have lost everyone in et or pens? You're telling me nasri scoring v Sunderland would have still seen us ship another goal after?

Sorry but what u said is nonsense and I rightly explained that yes some of those games might have gone the other way, but to assume all of them would or that whoever played in his place wouldn't have done a job in at least one of them is silly.

Ive just gone through the reasons above...it can't be nonsense because it actually happened I can post the films of said events if you like. The Carling Cup goal by Nasri would not have happened without Yaya's goal because things would have happened differently. We could have gone on to win 6-1 who knows....but what is definite Yaya was instrumental in that victory and I still think that he's had the biggest influence on our success and there is a distinct possibility that without him we may not have won trophies. It's not nonsense because I'm presenting evidence...and I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from Aguero, Tevez and Silva (whom are all world class players) we will just have to disagree...
I love him as a player and am very pleased that such a great player has not just disappeared into the ether as so many do and it's no coincidence that the 4 games he's started have all been won !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Yaya Toure is the best player ever to wear a City shirt....bar none.
Without him we'd still be waiting for a trophy.
No doubt whatsoever in my mind.

In my lifetime he's contending with Tevez, Silva and Aguero for that accolade.

To say we wouldn't have won a trophy without him is daft. We wouldn't have them all, but not one at all, sorry got to call bullshit on that one.

Well, he scored the only goals in the FA Cup semi final and final. He scored both goals in the absolutely crucial away game at Newcastle otherwise the QPR game would have been academic. He scored the equaliser in the Carling Cup final (or whatever it was called then) with a stunning goal. Our second title was won with an attacking midfielder scoring over 20 goals in a Premier League season for the second time only in history the other one by Frank Lampard.
I genuinely believe it's a reasonable argument. Yes we have other great players, but this guy is a big game player and comes up with the goods when most needed as per the above instances !

I'm well aware of all that, but you're telling me you can guarantee if those cup games finished 0-0 we'd have lost everyone in et or pens? You're telling me nasri scoring v Sunderland would have still seen us ship another goal after?

Sorry but what u said is nonsense and I rightly explained that yes some of those games might have gone the other way, but to assume all of them would or that whoever played in his place wouldn't have done a job in at least one of them is silly.

Ive just gone through the reasons above...it can't be nonsense because it actually happened I can post the films of said events if you like. The Carling Cup goal by Nasri would not have happened without Yaya's goal because things would have happened differently. We could have gone on to win 6-1 who knows....but what is definite Yaya was instrumental in that victory and I still think that he's had the biggest influence on our success and there is a distinct possibility that without him we may not have won trophies. It's not nonsense because I'm presenting evidence...and I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from Aguero, Tevez and Silva (whom are all world class players) we will just have to disagree...
I love him as a player and am very pleased that such a great player has not just disappeared into the ether as so many do and it's no coincidence that the 4 games he's started have all been won !

I never once said he wasn't instrumental or even the main reason we won some of them.

What's happened here is you've tried to backpedal your comment but the original is still quoted. You're words were we'd still be waiting for a trophy. I still think that's ridiculous.

Quite how you can say without yaya scoring nasri wouldn't is beyond me. You simply have no way to know that. How you can say someone else wouldn't have scored a pen in the shootout or Willy couldn't have saved another is again silly.

There is no doubt in my mind we would have trophies with or without trophies. Would we have as many? No. would we still be waiting? Also no.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:49 pm

bigblue wrote:
Slim wrote:Is that it?

You are aware how that point disproves itself right? In order for you to know I haven't posted anything interesting in near 30,000 posts you'd have to have read all 30,000 posts. Anyone who does that obviously finds me fascinating.

And of course my reply to you was probably something similar to back then, I still don't care. I find it amusing that you criticise someone for having a lot of posts like that's a point. Maybe we should look at your join date and compare that with when the bandwagon started to fill up. But I'd never question someone's support of this club or this website, I'll leave that to lesser minds with glib replies. You're up.

Once again, your lack of reading comprehension lets you down. I'm not criticizing you for making a lot of posts. I'm pointing out the remarkable lack of substance and personality in practically every one that I've read. I've never questioned your support for City either, so I don't know where you are getting that from.

Your inability to respond to the actual words in a post is nothing new though. For example:

1. Those who write off Yaya will be proven wrong almost every time.
Yaya is the only reason? 4 at the back might be a reason, in fact most people might think that the major reason.
2. Yaya was always in Pep's plans for this season.
I'm sure Pep's plan was to go 6 matches without a win, plans change.
3. Pep knows the proper way to use an incredible player like Yaya.
By selling him once at Barcelona and trying to sell him again this Summer?

1. What on earth does us playing 4 at the back have to do with fans or Pep writing off Yaya? I don't even know how that's related, yet alone the main reason.

2. If Pep left the invitation for Yaya to return, then he was always in his plans. Maybe not in his planned starting lineup, but Yaya was definitely in Pep's plans for the season or else he wouldn't be in the squad (see Joe, Nasri, Bony, Mangeler, Denayer...). Us losing 6 games has less to do with Yaya starting, than does injuries and Yaya's current form. As I've said before, they get along very well in any video that I've seen from CityTV. It's obvious that Pep respects Yaya very much and trusts him to help the team carry out his tactics on the field.

3. What does Pep selling Yaya at Barcelona have to do with the price of beans? Because he prefers another player (Sergio Biscuits), it means he doesn't know how to play Yaya? The same Yaya who played 40 times in 08-09 to win the treble and started at CB in the champs league final? Yeah, Pep really doesn't know how to use him...

That's like saying because I sold my sports car for a electric car (to better fit my daily commute), that I don't know how to drive the sports car. Like most of your points, it's just unrelated half-thoughts and nonsense.

Wow, you really are twisting aren't you?

I didn't say you were criticizing my support of the club, I was alluding to yours being after we got flush. You can't really say I don't comprehend your posts in the very next sentence when you've failed to comprehend mine. That's just sad.

And then the points you said you were going to ignore which you then didn't and now bring them up again, you're not very good at "skipping" are you? But let me walk you to a conclusion, I honestly thought you were smarter than this but stop licking that window for a second and try to follow.

1. Yaya only got a shot this season when we play 4 at the back, he started matches against Steaua, Palace, Burnley, Watford and Arsenal we started with 4 at the back, matches against Chelsea and Leicester where we started with 3 at the back he wasn't subbed on until after we abandoned that and went with 4 at the back. Pep wants to play 3 at the back, being forced into a four at the back system allows Yaya the opportunity to play. Pep has written him off under the system he actually wants to play because a high pressing 3-4-1-1/3-6-0/3-5-2 or whatever the system is he wants doesn't allow for a Yaya Toure.

2. We didn't lose 6 matches, we went 6 matches without a win.(Reading Comprehension again?) Anyways, us losing 6 in a row, which we didn't do, had nothing to do with Yaya or injuries, or suspensions. It was the square peg syndrome. That wasn't the point though, you said he was always in Pep's plans, my point was that plans change. If we were still playing 3 at the back, which was Pep's plan...where would Yaya be? In his plans? Do you know for sure? Because he hasn't stepped foot on the pitch while we've had 3 at the back yet. And everyone currently at the club is in the Premier League squad, however not everyone is in the CL squad...Is Yaya in the CL squad? No doubt he'll be getting the best out of him against Monaco. Also I believe his "invitation to return" was less about Pep & Yaya and more about Pep & Seluk and Pep setting down a marker than this club would not be run by it's players and certainly not by its players' agents. That being said, Pep already buckled on this saying Yaya wouldn't be brought in from the cold until both he and Seluk apologised. Has Seluk apologised?

3. You said Pep knew how to get the best out of Yaya, he sold him once and tried to sell him twice, how does that equate to getting the best out of the player? In Pep's plan A, his way of getting the best out of the player is to get money for him and for him to no longer be at the club. As for the CL final, it wasn't a masterstroke from Pep. Milito, Abidal and Marquez were all unavailable and they literally had Toure or a five foot nothing Caceres, Cacaeres? Eh, whatever. They had a tiny fullback or Toure. Looking at the options and going "He's bigger, play him there" hardly seems like getting the best out of a player, nor should it be cited as a stroke of Pep genius. BTW, Puyol also played in that final, funny how he didn't play a taller fullback(which he was at the time) in that role. This is a tenuous point but as we currently play a taller fullback as a centrehalf, wonder why Pep hasn't considered playing Yaya there instead.

Oh, and BTW. We've never played Yaya in Busquets role and quite obviously from the amazing performances we've had from him, it's obvious that his better role was in the Xavi role and even in Iniesta's. His complaint when leaving Barcelona was that he was being played too deep and that role didn't suit him.

'When I was at Barcelona I was more someone that was there to hold, to organise, because it was about concentration on the ball. Here I have a free-role: I can go where I want and do what I want. I can join the attack or drop into the defence. While at Barcelona I was limited and couldn't leave the middle but here I can go all over, so I am in my groove. Wherever the ball goes I will go.'

Sounds like someone wasn't getting the best out of him.

Feel free to make some half baked point after this, you're boring me now and if you don't get at least a little interesting in your next post, I'll be showing you how to deal with boring posts. But hey, you'll get the last word and I'm sure that's all you really want.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:28 pm

1. Mixing up correlation and causation. How are you so sure that Pep always wanted to play 3 at the back? Can be just as likely that we play 3 at the back because we don't have enough fit/quality CBs, and Pep doesn't trust the midfield as much without Yaya (or a player of similar quality) so he wants to add an extra player in midfield. Yaya is playing because he is a better player, in better form, and is trusted more by Pep than other options.

From Pep's mouth last week:

"You know the reason why Toure was out in the first part," Guardiola said at Friday's news conference ahead of Sunday's Premier League meeting with Arsenal.

"He has come back and I have seen him play like he can and he was when I met him in Barcelona. There’s no doubt about his quality. When his physical condition is right, he can do everything. He is strong in the air, he is fast, he has personality. That’s why we decided Yaya would stay here. He helped us a lot in the three games we won with him in the team.”

2. Pep wouldn't leave the door open for Yaya to return if he wasn't in his plans. And if (when) Yaya apologised and came back, it cements Pep's place as leader of the team. That is a plan (so that means Yaya was in his plans).

3. For the last time, selling a player has nothing to do with a manager's ability to get the best out of them. Pep obviously knows how to fit Yaya in the team better than Pellers. Everyone can see the great relationship and mutual respect that they have.

And Pep just said after the game today that Yaya specifically was always part of this plans. Don't really know what more you need to know.

I'm not having the last word, Yaya is. Once again, scores the winning goal in a big game under pressure. Whenever you doubt the big man, and he'll continue to prove you wrong...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:31 pm

bigblue wrote:1. Mixing up correlation and causation. How are you so sure that Pep always wanted to play 3 at the back? Can be just as likely that we play 3 at the back because we don't have enough fit/quality CBs, and Pep doesn't trust the midfield as much without Yaya (or a player of similar quality) so he wants to add an extra player in midfield. Yaya is playing because he is a better player, in better form, and is trusted more by Pep than other options.

From Pep's mouth last week:

"You know the reason why Toure was out in the first part," Guardiola said at Friday's news conference ahead of Sunday's Premier League meeting with Arsenal.

"He has come back and I have seen him play like he can and he was when I met him in Barcelona. There’s no doubt about his quality. When his physical condition is right, he can do everything. He is strong in the air, he is fast, he has personality. That’s why we decided Yaya would stay here. He helped us a lot in the three games we won with him in the team.”

2. Pep wouldn't leave the door open for Yaya to return if he wasn't in his plans. And if (when) Yaya apologised and came back, it cements Pep's place as leader of the team. That is a plan (so that means Yaya was in his plans).

3. For the last time, selling a player has nothing to do with a manager's ability to get the best out of them. Pep obviously knows how to fit Yaya in the team better than Pellers. Everyone can see the great relationship and mutual respect that they have.

And Pep just said after the game today that Yaya specifically was always part of this plans. Don't really know what more you need to know.

I'm not having the last word, Yaya is. Once again, scores the winning goal in a big game under pressure. Whenever you doubt the big man, and he'll continue to prove you wrong...

Don't care.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Slim wrote:Don't care.

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:39 pm

bigblue wrote:I'm not having the last word, Yaya is. Once again, scores the winning goal in a big game under pressure. Whenever you doubt the big man, and he'll continue to prove you wrong...

Prove us wrong like he did last season?

Says a lot about you as a 'fan' when we've just won but the first thing you think about is antagonising your own fans.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:I'm not having the last word, Yaya is. Once again, scores the winning goal in a big game under pressure. Whenever you doubt the big man, and he'll continue to prove you wrong...

Says a lot about you as a 'fan' when we've just won but the first thing you think about is antagonising your own fans.

Defending my point of view is not antagonizing, it's what you do on a forum. And it says even more about you as a fan when you continue to doubt one of the greatest players to ever wear sky blue.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:48 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not that different than your post here no? And it says even more about you as a fan when you continue to doubt one of the greatest players to ever wear sky blue.

Doubt him? I've always said when he wants to play he's the best around at what he does. He didn't want to play last season and both him and his agent took the piss out of the club.

You really must have had a shit Christmas. Chin up pal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not that different than your post here no? And it says even more about you as a fan when you continue to doubt one of the greatest players to ever wear sky blue.

Doubt him? I've always said when he wants to play he's the best around at what he does. He didn't want to play last season and both him and his agent took the piss out of the club.

You really must have had a shit Christmas. Chin up pal.

You sure like to assume a lot about me. I didn't have any Christmas because I'm not Christian. So it was about as good as my boarding school experience...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:09 pm

bigblue wrote:
You sure like to assume a lot about me. I didn't have any Christmas because I'm not Christian. So it was about as good as my boarding school experience...

Sad bastard.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Our fans have been a disgrace towards Yaya. And ignorant.
The man is a hero and arguably our most influential midfielder still. Superb. As always.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:38 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Our fans have been a disgrace towards Yaya. And ignorant.
The man is a hero and arguably our most influential midfielder still. Superb. As always.

Seems like you or I say this every few pages. He's a fucking city legend and so many don't see it.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:46 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Our fans have been a disgrace towards Yaya. And ignorant.

Seems like you or I say this every few pages. He's a fucking city legend and so many don't see it.

Absolutely no-one is arguing against that.

Stop creating your own fucking windmill you donkey fucker.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:14 am

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Maybe not but 60 pages says not many have given him the respect he deserves over that time. If I were him I'd want a cake every month!
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby PrezIke » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:39 am

This thread has become rather pleasant.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:12 am

Just for the record, I like him.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Maybe not but 60 pages says not many have given him the respect he deserves over that time. If I were him I'd want a cake every month!

The respect he deserves?? Going to the match and singing his name constantly for years. The club have been paying him handsomely for years. What other respect do you think he deserves?! A gold fuckin statue of him outside the ground?

The fact is last season he was overweight and lazy. You cannot argue against that. You look at him this season and there's a huge difference. Opposition players are bouncing off him again and he's putting in the effort.

He's a City legend. I don't know one single fan that would dispute that at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum