What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby shawzy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Awesome ...Seems to me thats hes been still adjusting to the Prem league and the 2 week rest has done him the world of good.Worked his ass off for the team today and only the last 10mins when he got a knock to the ribs he slowed down abit.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:10 pm

He was a lot better today but I think some people are going slightly overboard with their praise.

Well done today Yaya but you need to do it on a regular basis.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:16 pm

King Kev wrote:He was a lot better today but I think some people are going slightly overboard with their praise.

I want to see him dominate that shite at Wembley then I will eat humble pie.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 pm

failsworthblue wrote:
King Kev wrote:He was a lot better today but I think some people are going slightly overboard with their praise.

I want to see him dominate that shite at Wembley then I will eat humble pie.

I'll happily share it with you. I'll get a spoon...
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Martinez » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Massive game today, he doesn't always put all his qualities on display like today but rarely does much wrong imo.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 pm

I think he's done more for us this season than Silva.

More goals, more assists and more tackling. He's had some shit games, but so has Silva. Also, Toure has had to play different roles than the one that suits him best.

I think he's a cracking player.
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Certainly has the ability, though doesnt show the effort as much as i'd like, if we dropped him I wouldnt be too bothered, though I prefer to see Yaya playing than Barry or Milner.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Chinners » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Probably the best I've seen Yaya play for us so far ... not been overly impressed by him most of his time so far but today he was impressive ... keep it up fella.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby me_innit » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:15 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Top player Yaya, needs two weeks off and i reckon he will be the most important player in these last 8 games.

Sounds about right to me.
me_innit
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Obviously
My favourite player is: Silva and Balotelli

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:43 am

The problem with Yaya is not his ability, he certainly has that, it's the fact that after 60 minutes he looks like he needs a fag, a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down.

Even today he spent a lot of time with his hands on his knees after the hour mark and it just seems unconscionable that a professional athlete at this level of game shouldn't be able to get his fitness to a standard that can last him 90 minutes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 am

I'd still prefer to see milner in his current position but he put on a good show today - did anyone see mario smack him over the head? He didn't seem impressed !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 am

Slim wrote:The problem with Yaya is not his ability, he certainly has that, it's the fact that after 60 minutes he looks like he needs a fag, a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down.

Even today he spent a lot of time with his hands on his knees after the hour mark and it just seems unconscionable that a professional athlete at this level of game shouldn't be able to get his fitness to a standard that can last him 90 minutes.

This is true but he is getting fitter. He can't play at top level for more than one game per week as it stands but even allowing for that, if he can keep improving fitness, by next season, he may become the player I hoped he'd be when we signed him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:The problem with Yaya is not his ability, he certainly has that, it's the fact that after 60 minutes he looks like he needs a fag, a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down.

This is true but he is getting fitter. He can't play at top level for more than one game per week as it stands but even allowing for that, if he can keep improving fitness, by next season, he may become the player I hoped he'd be when we signed him.

I think it is an illusion that Yaya isnt fit enough. Every time that he has the chance of making a surging run,early or late in the game, he does it and looks awesome.Some have said he got a stitch yesterday and was struggling but he had taken a knock in the ribs and was struggling a little with that.He shook that off quite quickly though.He just has a strange way of carrying that big body of his which makes him look as though he nothing left to give.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think it is an illusion that Yaya isnt fit enough. Every time that he has the chance of making a surging run,early or late in the game, he does it and looks awesome.Some have said he got a stitch yesterday and was struggling but he had taken a knock in the ribs and was struggling a little with that.He shook that off quite quickly though.He just has a strange way of carrying that big body of his which makes him look as though he nothing left to give.

Spot on.
I think his body language deludes people
He was running from the first minute to the last minute yesterday as he does in every game.
The fact he breathes heavily has fuckall to do with his fitness.
He is as fit as the rest and works the same as everybody.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sandman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:07 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Spot on.
I think his body language deludes people
He was running from the first minute to the last minute yesterday as he does in every game.
The fact he breathes heavily has fuckall to do with his fitness.
He is as fit as the rest and works the same as everybody.

I believe the same can be said of Adebayor. His statistical output cannot be achieved without input.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Martinez » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 am

Wooders wrote:I'd still prefer to see milner in his current position but he put on a good show today - did anyone see mario smack him over the head? He didn't seem impressed !

Yeah, saw that as well, feels like especially NdJ & Paddy try to take a mentoring role for Mario but I wonder how much patience the likes of Yaya and Tevez have left with him.
Before Mario was tripped right at the end Yaya (knackered) took a huge run into a good position, I think he was still a bit pissed he didn't get the pass, and what does he get for an apology? A slap on the back of the head and a smile! I'd furious as well...
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Blue2 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

I agree Doug, he seems knackered after those surging runs, but he quickly recovers. Top player and makes us tick imo.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 am

Not bad stats at all.

2007–2010 Barcelona 74 (4)
2010– Manchester City 28 (5)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Not bad stats at all.

2007–2010 Barcelona 74 (4)
2010– Manchester City 28 (5)

He has more goals and assists for us.
That for a guy whose primary job is not to create in fact that is not his game at all.
He is more of a NDJ type of player but more effective in an attacking sense.
He does what he is supposed to perfectly.
Being creative is what David is there for and he wouldn't be half as good if Yaya wasn't there.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 am

Blue2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I agree Doug, he seems knackered after those surging runs, but he quickly recovers. Top player and makes us tick imo.

Yesterday he was doing more constant running than he has all season. Usually he goes missing for a rest every 5 mins & virtually packs in after an hour, with one sprint every 15 mins after that. If it's been an illusion, he's in the wrong job as he could give Derren Brown a run for his money.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum