What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Goataldo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Benjay wrote:I dont know when this thread actually started but i'm still gobsmacked that it was started.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm (about teatime)
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 am

Reading some of the earlier comments made me think about others who started poorly or are out of form.

The likes of Nasri who it would have been easy to ship out after last season but who has come back stronger this season.

Or Kolarov and to an extent Clichy. One has improved while the other has regressed. Do we bomb Clichy out or do we accept he is a good player just having a rough period and we will help him through it?

Negredo. Not scored for three months and looks a shadow of the player he was in early part of season. Do we cut our losses and get someone else, pay more money in fees and wages to get someone who may or may not prove as good? I for one hope we keep him. He is still the same guy we loved in first four or five months.

Dzeko. Another who a lot of fans would ship out. He has been great for us this year. 20+ goals for someone who is not a first choice would be by no means guaranteed to be replicated by another guy.

MDM and Garcia are another who have been lambasted before but who are both now performing. I hold my hands up here as one who would have given both away in January if we could've done but who is happy to see their names on the teamsheet now.

In short we have a great group of players, who on their day will beat most teams and win well. We have one pot on the sideboard and the engravers are sizing up the other for our name. Should Kompany lift the Prem again, will we really need to make wholesale changes to our squad?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:Reading some of the earlier comments made me think about others who started poorly or are out of form.

The likes of Nasri who it would have been easy to ship out after last season but who has come back stronger this season.

Or Kolarov and to an extent Clichy. One has improved while the other has regressed. Do we bomb Clichy out or do we accept he is a good player just having a rough period and we will help him through it?

Negredo. Not scored for three months and looks a shadow of the player he was in early part of season. Do we cut our losses and get someone else, pay more money in fees and wages to get someone who may or may not prove as good? I for one hope we keep him. He is still the same guy we loved in first four or five months.

Dzeko. Another who a lot of fans would ship out. He has been great for us this year. 20+ goals for someone who is not a first choice would be by no means guaranteed to be replicated by another guy.

MDM and Garcia are another who have been lambasted before but who are both now performing. I hold my hands up here as one who would have given both away in January if we could've done but who is happy to see their names on the teamsheet now.

In short we have a great group of players, who on their day will beat most teams and win well. We have one pot on the sideboard and the engravers are sizing up the other for our name. Should Kompany lift the Prem again, will we really need to make wholesale changes to our squad?

What you are really saying is that the fans should get behind all the players who represent City rather than lambast them as you say just because they have a bad game or 3.Sadly it seems it's human nature of today's football fan to turn very quickly against a player and make him the scapegoat of the team.We have plenty of proof of that in our squad.

Trust the manager to know a good player from a poor one and make the right decisions in buying and selling.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm

There is absolutely no reason the club or, more importantly, the fans should want to get rid of Negredo
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby bayblue » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:Reading some of the earlier comments made me think about others who started poorly or are out of form. The likes of Nasri who it would have been easy to ship out after last season but who has come back stronger this season. Or Kolarov and to an extent Clichy. One has improved while the other has regressed. Do we bomb Clichy out or do we accept he is a good player just having a rough period and we will help him through it? Negredo. Not scored for three months and looks a shadow of the player he was in early part of season. Do we cut our losses and get someone else, pay more money in fees and wages to get someone who may or may not prove as good? I for one hope we keep him. He is still the same guy we loved in first four or five months. Dzeko. Another who a lot of fans would ship out. He has been great for us this year. 20+ goals for someone who is not a first choice would be by no means guaranteed to be replicated by another guy. MDM and Garcia are another who have been lambasted before but who are both now performing. I hold my hands up here as one who would have given both away in January if we could've done but who is happy to see their names on the teamsheet now. In short we have a great group of players, who on their day will beat most teams and win well. We have one pot on the sideboard and the engravers are sizing up the other for our name. Should Kompany lift the Prem again, will we really need to make wholesale changes to our squad?

We don't need to make wholesale changes and as you say it's been good to see some vilified players do well.

But... our rivals will be stronger next year and one of the lessons from 12/13 was we didn't strengthen so I think we will need 2-4 new players; two who can be absolutely deserving of a slot in our "best 11" and two better squad players, either young or experienced.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:Reading some of the earlier comments made me think about others who started poorly or are out of form. The likes of Nasri who it would have been easy to ship out after last season but who has come back stronger this season. Or Kolarov and to an extent Clichy. One has improved while the other has regressed. Do we bomb Clichy out or do we accept he is a good player just having a rough period and we will help him through it? Negredo. Not scored for three months and looks a shadow of the player he was in early part of season. Do we cut our losses and get someone else, pay more money in fees and wages to get someone who may or may not prove as good? I for one hope we keep him. He is still the same guy we loved in first four or five months. Dzeko. Another who a lot of fans would ship out. He has been great for us this year. 20+ goals for someone who is not a first choice would be by no means guaranteed to be replicated by another guy. MDM and Garcia are another who have been lambasted before but who are both now performing. I hold my hands up here as one who would have given both away in January if we could've done but who is happy to see their names on the teamsheet now. In short we have a great group of players, who on their day will beat most teams and win well. We have one pot on the sideboard and the engravers are sizing up the other for our name. Should Kompany lift the Prem again, will we really need to make wholesale changes to our squad?

Clichy has regressed simply because he has not played regularly IMO. He is one of the best left backs we have had for years but playing every third game has not helped. Defo keep him.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 am

Saul Goodman wrote:There is absolutely no reason the club or, more importantly, the fans should want to get rid of Negredo

As usual...you and I disagree vehemently.

Results keep you in this squad. If the Count wants to flog him this summer I won't give a Fuck. He decides. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Same for Milner, Richards, Rodwell.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
As usual...you and I disagree vehemently.

Results keep you in this squad. If the Count wants to flog him this summer I won't give a Fuck. He decides. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Same for Milner, Richards, Rodwell.

Cheers

I agree that presence at the club should, at this point, be results-driven. But you only want to give Negredo one season? So if Pellegrini only wins the League Cup should he be sacked?

Heck, last season people wanted Nasri to be sold due to his poor performances but now look at him.

If Negredo looks just as poor by the end of next season I'll agree with you
Saul Goodman

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 01, 2014 1:03 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
I agree that presence at the club should, at this point, be results-driven. But you only want to give Negredo one season? So if Pellegrini only wins the League Cup should he be sacked?

Heck, last season people wanted Nasri to be sold due to his poor performances but now look at him.

If Negredo looks just as poor by the end of next season I'll agree with you

What I said was...what the Count wants he should get. He will know.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 01, 2014 1:31 am

Fair enough. Apparently I didn't get beyond the first sentence
Saul Goodman

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed May 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Scores 20 goals in the league this season!
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 pm

What does he do?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:just looked up lumbering in the dictionary and the definition was toure, yaya.

midfield needs addressing in the summer...

^^^what a nob!^^^

yayayayayayayaya!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 pm

I think we should offer him and 20 million for Fellani this summer. We could get a great deal
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:59 pm

When he can be arsed no one comes close. Absolute fucking class player.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 pm

South Stand Balti wrote: Clichy has regressed simply because he has not played regularly IMO. He is one of the best left backs we have had for years but playing every third game has not helped. Defo keep him.

Bit off topic but I agree. Unless we have someone in mind who would be our no.1 LB. Then I could live with Kolarov as 2nd choice and we could let Gaël go
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 pm

My missus looked up as yaya had the ball. Her words "bloody hell". Lol. She hates football but could appreciate his power. Awesome.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lee_R » Wed May 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Most complete player in world football.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby sheblue » Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 pm

That goal was something else sheer power, when he does that he is awesome, shock and awe as the yanks say....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 pm

The pricks that left early and missed that need a slap.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum