What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:what I love about pep he doesn't give a fuck. he's spot on about toure's agent. toure has let himself and the club down by allowing this prick to spout shit for him the entire time he's been here.

shows you what character toure is, always looking for a better deal. we're idiots for now selling after pellers first seasons.

We couldn't even if we wanted to, no one would've been willing to pay his wages.

Well his agent is making him untouchable by his repeated actions on his behalf.
Looks like China or retire. I don't even think PSG would be stupid enough to go near him now. He's past it as s footballer.

Is Mancini still out of a job?

Just read that he's been linked with the Valencia job.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:as big of a cunt as he is Yaya's agent is doing his job.

No he isn't. If he was doing his job, Yaya would be available for selection tomorrow

Ha ha good work FIBD...... Keep it up ;-)

According to Phips that is WW

Thank fuck someone got it, cheers CTID.

Sorry. It was a whooooooosh moment for me.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:as big of a cunt as he is Yaya's agent is doing his job.

No he isn't. If he was doing his job, Yaya would be available for selection tomorrow

Ha ha good work FIBD...... Keep it up ;-)

According to Phips that is WW

Thank fuck someone got it, cheers CTID.

Sorry. It was a whooooooosh moment for me.

In hindsight, I probably should've put quotation marks on it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Such a shame this has happened to a player that will go down as one of our best big game players ever. He only has himself to blame as he should have stopped this from happening. He has allowed it to continue and is easily manipulated by the looks of it.

Seluk has made it worse for his own client. Why would he do that? Surely yaya must cancel his contract by mutual consent or be banished to play with the u16s.

I wonder if part of the reason Yaya has retired from international football is because, in the January transfer window, he might still be looking/hoping for another Club and his attendance at ACON could, conceivably, get in the way of any last, money- spinning move ??

I thought that too, must be a tough call tho as that might have been his best chance to get in the shop window again.

If you hear what Pep says. He actually states that yaya will not be sold in January, which is a strange thing to say unless he knows what they are trying to do and he has counteracted their ploy and they are now really pissed off. He is a tactical genius off the field as well.

I think that Yaya in his last 6 months can buy himself out of his contract and move to another club without us being able to stop him. Also I read somewhere that any player is contractually required to be in the matchday squad for at least 10% of games for which he is available. If both these things are true it will all become very complicated before long.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Sad. What can one really say?

I really wish this was not the way Yaya would go out, yet I have also wondered like PP about Yaya's mental health since his brother died as a trigger. I have speculated that his "big ego" could either be a mask for insecurity or an example of conflict he could have with some deep sense of being slighted by the media he developed in his mind, particularly as a black African footballer with tremendous talent and success compared to other top midfielders of his generation some who weren't even as successful as he, arguably.

It could be this sense of being slighted grew during his best years and could have led him to develop of a "me vs. everyone else" mentality. This could then justify his silence as his agent went on and on. I heard on the CityWatch podcast today that his agent developed a close relationship with Yaya because of how loyal Yaya felt he was to him when he played in Ukraine. This was as he likely felt isolated as a black man in a nation known for hurling racist chants at black players.

This is not an excuse, as I've not enjoyed all of his agent's rants but could explain things a little.

Pep is right, but the timing of his statement is a bit interesting, even if he was asked by a reporter. Why today did he reveal this?

The Pep love fest has been on but it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that the comments about the fans booing the CL anthem and filling the seats didn't go over too well with many local fans who attend the games, in particular. I hate to sound cynical, but the win against Bournemouth/post-match comments slighting Mourinho + this is a one seem like a 1-2 punch to get the fans entirely on his side again.

The master politician Pep in full effect. Well played...

P.S. Pep's a G!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:59 pm

PrezIke wrote:Sad. What can one really say?

I really wish this was not the way Yaya would go out, yet I have also wondered like PP about Yaya's mental health since his brother died as a trigger. I have speculated that his "big ego" could either be a mask for insecurity or an example of conflict he could have with some deep sense of being slighted by the media he developed in his mind, particularly as a black African footballer with tremendous talent and success compared to other top midfielders of his generation some who weren't even as successful as he, arguably.

It could be this sense of being slighted grew during his best years and could have led him to develop of a "me vs. everyone else" mentality. This could then justify his silence as his agent went on and on. I heard on the CityWatch podcast today that his agent developed a close relationship with Yaya because of how loyal Yaya felt he was to him when he played in Ukraine. This was as he likely felt isolated as a black man in a nation known for hurling racist chants at black players.

This is not an excuse, as I've not enjoyed all of his agent's rants but could explain things a little.

Pep is right, but the timing of his statement is a bit interesting, even if he was asked by a reporter. Why today did he reveal this?

The Pep love fest has been on but it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that the comments about the fans booing the CL anthem and filling the seats didn't go over too well with many local fans who attend the games, in particular. I hate to sound cynical, but the win against Bournemouth/post-match comments slighting Mourinho + this is a one seem like a 1-2 punch to get the fans entirely on his side again.

The master politician Pep in full effect. Well played...

P.S. Pep's a G!

Well look at you.
You're like s cross between Sigmund Freud and Inspector Clouseau.

Could be Pep just being consistent.
He's told the fans, he's told the players, get over the past. What can you do for the club now.
Player and agent are being told in no uncertain terms......
Not on my watch pal.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Your turning into comical Ali .

How the fuck does dissing the fucking club off for the last 2 years and slagging the manager off at every given moment "doing his job"

Your off your fucking trolley you are - or your. Lookmums fucking twin brother !!!

dont bother Carl. he's not being serious. he's trying to be funny by saying something that i said that no longer applies but in doing so just ends up ruining the thread. when no one gets your joke its a shite joke. selfish if you ask me.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:10 am

Pep now saying yaya is banished until his agent stops speaking and/or apologizes. Something most here have been calling for for years.

http://www.football365.com/news/yayas-a ... -continues
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:28 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Pep now saying yaya is banished until his agent stops speaking and/or apologizes. Something most here have been calling for for years.

I think you're about 12 hours late
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:15 am

bigblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Pep now saying yaya is banished until his agent stops speaking and/or apologizes. Something most here have been calling for for years.

See what happens when children squabble on the last page of a thread :)
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:27 am

phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

How the fuck does dissing the fucking club off for the last 2 years and slagging the manager off at every given moment "doing his job"

Your off your fucking trolley you are - or your. Lookmums fucking twin brother !!!

dont bother Carl. he's not being serious. he's trying to be funny by saying something that i said that no longer applies but in doing so just ends up ruining the thread. when no one gets your joke its a shite joke. selfish if you ask me.

It no longer applies? Why is that? The statement Pep wants an apology for is the one he made when you said Seluk was just doing his job, of course it fucking applies.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:25 am

Give the moronic twerp that is Seluk a break. I'd be a bit tetchy if my golden goose was going to stop laying eggs in the next 12 months.

Does he have any other players?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:26 am

bigblue wrote:

And you're meant to be 12 hours ahead of us poms.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:10 am

As much as I love what he's done for the club over the past few years if this constant slagging and digs towards the club that pay his wage was any other industry he'd be shown the door.

Sack him off which is a sad end to his career at City bit we can do without this shit.

Love how Pep is dealing with it though.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 am

phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Could be way off the mark but an observation none the less .

Most would be embarrassed to point out that the OP is poking fun at them. Not you phips, plays right into the theory that you're a WUM looking for attention.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 am

He knows he's a WUM.

He is in no way a city fan and would be gone like a light if we ever dropped out of the top four.

Did he ever answer the question of city v dortmund?
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:15 am

It's really really really rare, but the fat cunt in the West Indies was right.

We should have sold after his mega season.

I'm sure that Bastid told him. Or one of his minions.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:17 am

dazby wrote:It's really really really rare, but the fat cunt in the West Indies was right.

Sold him to who? Let's be realistic here.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:36 am

“When Toure left the club to come to the City, Guardiola told him he was leaving to a s*** team.

"Now, Guardiola has come to this s*** team. Guardiola likes money more than football.”

Ok, this needs to stop.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:43 am

dazby wrote:It's really really really rare, but the fat cunt in the West Indies was right.

Caribbean spazby,it's the Caribbean - look at a map , Dominican Republic Punta Cana - now let that sink in so you don't get confused as to where I fucking live on this planet of ours.

Now then , of course I was fucking right , and there's a few on here that shared the same thought process.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum